Goodyear Assurance featuring TripleTred Technology - TCCoA Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 19 (permalink) Old 04-18-2004, 09:20 AM Thread Starter
Administrator

Goodyear Assurance featuring TripleTred Technology

Interesting tire.... Anyone running this? I kinda like the design of it, and if the numbers are right, sounds like a great tire...
http://www.goodyeartires.com/goodyea...5&sidewall=VSB

RIP Joel Bender and Preston Smith. The world will never be the same without you.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 19 (permalink) Old 04-18-2004, 09:28 AM
6th Gear Poster

i've heard nothing but good stuff about both the assurance tires. the one thing that stands out the most is the softness of the tread on the comfortred. i also know that there is going to be a 30 day trial period for them, if you dont liek them, return them in 30 days for a different tire. also they will come with a year or two of roadside assistance. i dont know the details yet.
post #3 of 19 (permalink) Old 04-18-2004, 10:26 AM

Send a message via AIM to JustinH
I have had two sets of goodyear tires on two different vehicles, and I was not impressed. I wouldn't buy a goodyear tire for any reason.

JH
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 19 (permalink) Old 04-18-2004, 11:13 AM
6th Gear Poster

Send a message via AIM to 97mn-12 Send a message via Yahoo to 97mn-12
i have a set of goodyears on mine. i hate em with a passion. they wear quick, even when they had tread, they had no traction what so ever. poor tire. i know im not running the ones yer talkin about. but, ive just had a bad impression of them, i guess it just ruined my taste for em.

=97 Thunderbird Lx Sport=
------------------------------
::Stock::
16.483 @ 84.58
-------------------------------
::New Best::
15.921 @ 87.86
------------------------------
::Sea Level @ HRP::
15.187 @ 91.64

post #5 of 19 (permalink) Old 04-18-2004, 11:45 AM
6th Gear Poster

i'll add, i personally will never own a goodyear tire. i've seen a lto of issues with them in the past, and would be a bit weary about anything new coming out. goodyear has had soem financial issues are are trying to do stuff right this time, both for the customer and for its dealers.
post #6 of 19 (permalink) Old 04-18-2004, 09:33 PM
Seasoned PostWhore

Send a message via AIM to 4 Cam Bird
I have GoodYear's previously released tire (F1 GS-D3) on my car and I love them. They are great tires. They grip very well in the rain. I ran an auto x in the rain last fall with them and dominated most of the non-AWD cars. I cut better 60's on the 45 series GoodYears than I did on BFG DR's. They make a great performance tire.

The Assurance tires I know are new. I haven't heard much about them as far as reviews go. I know the Eagles I have have won lots of awards from various places and do very well in head to head tests with other tires. They always dominate the wet categories of the tests and somehow also win dry braking in a lot of them too as well as holding their own in most other dry perfomance categories.

GoodYear's financial problems aren't because they made bad products, they are because they had a stupid CEO that made some choices to buy other tire companies that were seriously in debt, thus taking on their debt.

Former owner of 94 Bird with DOHC 4.6L swapped from a mark VIII

2011 CTS-V Wagon
1968 Torino was an original 289, C4, fully documented numbers matching car. Now: DOHC 4.6L/T-56 swapped, Cobra intake, IMRC delete, BBK long tubes and H pipe. Dynotech Aluminum Driveshaft, 9" rear with TrueTrac and 4.11's.
post #7 of 19 (permalink) Old 04-18-2004, 10:01 PM
6th Gear Poster

no boubt where goodyears financial issues came from...the problem on the user end was that the retailers were getting no support from corporate to take care of their customers. 99% of tire issues are not manufacture related, but if a retailer doesnt take care of them properly, then perception of them changes...for the worse....which is what happened to goodyear.
post #8 of 19 (permalink) Old 04-19-2004, 06:33 AM
TCCoA Wheel Guru

Send a message via Yahoo to cudaz101
Everything asside...Great Looking Tire...I like the sipes in the tread, these are key for wet traction.

I have never been a fan of GoodYear....Have always seemed a bit over-rated and over priced compared to almost everything else...

Brad

1990 & 1994 SC's
post #9 of 19 (permalink) Old 04-19-2004, 09:30 AM
Seasoned PostWhore

Send a message via AIM to 4 Cam Bird
I agree that when comparing say, the Eagle GTII to other tires in its class, it is greatly over priced and not worth the extra money. The BFG Radial T/A's and the Firestone tire that is comparable are much cheaper.

The Eagle F1's are a good deal though. They are quite a bit cheaper than the Bridgestone Potenzas and some of the other max performance tires. Although the Kumho Ecsta MX's are even cheaper yet compared to the F1's. A friend of mine just got a set of MX's, looking forward to seeing how he likes them.

I don't know what the price range is on the assurance tires or what the are comparable too. Based on what I have read they sounded like they would be on the pricey side. They may be worth it if they are all GoodYear hypes them to be, but I hane't heard a ton about them yet to really be able to say anything either way.

Former owner of 94 Bird with DOHC 4.6L swapped from a mark VIII

2011 CTS-V Wagon
1968 Torino was an original 289, C4, fully documented numbers matching car. Now: DOHC 4.6L/T-56 swapped, Cobra intake, IMRC delete, BBK long tubes and H pipe. Dynotech Aluminum Driveshaft, 9" rear with TrueTrac and 4.11's.
post #10 of 19 (permalink) Old 04-19-2004, 11:09 AM
6th Gear Poster

in regards to the price range, they are a bit steep. its hard to suggest turning away from a comparatively priced michelin to recommend a goodyear.
post #11 of 19 (permalink) Old 04-19-2004, 02:04 PM
Seasoned PostWhore

Send a message via Yahoo to Rich95XR7
I have Goodyear RSAs on my car right now, and they are noisey and don't have ANY wet traction.