TCCoA Forums banner

nascar rims

6K views 23 replies 12 participants last post by  Bad-Hoschy 
#1 ·
hi guys
do anyone know what pappa john have for an combination on rims and tires????
i try to go in the same way and his setup looks awesome

his e mail adress doesn't work so i can't ask him direct

thank you and have a nice day
see ya
Frank

#4 · (Edited)
Bad-Hoschy said:
hi guys
do anyone know what pappa john have for an combination on rims and tires????
i try to go in the same way and his setup looks awesome

his e mail adress doesn't work so i can't ask him direct

thank you and have a nice day
see ya
Frank

translated:

Hey guys,

Does anyone know what wheel and tire setup Pappa john uses on his nascar-bird? I want to make my bird look like his, because his car looks awesome w/ those wheels.

Thank you and have a nice day
see ya
Frank

#6 ·
They do not mean to offend, but errors in grammar can lead easily to misunderstanding a message, particularly in a written format such as this. To prevent such misunderstandings, clarity is important.

To try to answer your question, there is a set of black steel wheels for sale on Ebay that does fit the T-bird. I pointed it out in the misc. section and was reminded that it was a No-No. However if you do a search you may still find them.

#7 · (Edited)
Bad-Hoschy said:
thank you guys for reminding me that i'm an idiot
and have to pass a grammar test for asking some questions!!!!! :mad:
All that they are saying is that if you want your questions answered, maybe you could use a little bit of punctuation. No one is asking for perfect grammer, but you should try to wright in ENGLISH. ;)

P.s. was typing when Traveler posted :D

#9 ·
My apologies. But it does kinda prove my point about clarity and misunderstandings.

#10 ·
someone posted a link on ebay to the nascar style rims..just recently. Your best bet would be to convert to the mustang hubs and use the one available in the 5x4.5 pattern.

#12 ·
187bird said:
translated:

Hey guys,

Does anyone know what wheel and tire setup does Pappa john uses on his nascar-bird? I want to make my bird look like his, because his car looks awesome w/ those wheels.

Thank you and have a nice day
see ya
Frank
Interesting.......schooling him about errors in his grammar and sentence structure, when you're correction had a structural error of its own. :tongue:

#13 ·
#14 ·
okay okay okay
all the postings don't answer my question

all what i want is wich size of rims ,backspace and size of the tires of pappa johns car
nothing else
no e bay link no mustang hubs only numbers that's it or a e-mailadress
why is that so a big deal
any other information i have
i don't care about bolt pattern,adapters and so on

#18 ·
well, I'm no expert, but just looking at the picture, this is what I'm thinking:

5x4.5 bolt pattern (sorry, I mentioned the bolt swap)
Rim size looks about 16", between 8" and 10" width
Nascar tire width is around 10.5"-10.8"
I think the offset on our cars is +39mm or +42mm

This information may be off, but it's the best I can come up with on the top of my head. Hope this information is to your satisfaction. If not, my apologies sir

EDIT: Possible wheel?
http://americanracing.com/wheels/de...style=767&desc=Steel alloy, painted&section=A
That might be a truck wheel though.

#19 ·
thank you very much for helping me i really appreciate that
you are the first one with an answer not other questions
i apologies sir for my bad language i never learnt that in school i pickt that from the street so i'm sorry about that

thank you very much

have a good night

frank

#22 ·
Mod Motor Cat said:
Interesting.......schooling him about errors in his grammar and sentence structure, when you're correction had a structural error of its own. :tongue:

I'm a kid..i'm allowed to make those mistakes. :)

To the topic starter: Sorry if i offended you, I was just playing around. No harm intended :)

As for your question, any 5x4.25 wheel w/ the proper baskspacing will work on your tbird. or if you want the actual nascar aero wheels, youre going to need to figure out how to make your tbird have a 5x5" bolt pattern.

From the looks of P.J's car it looks like it has had a 5x4.5" hub swap, and has 16" wheels. as far as the backspace, and tire size, I have no clue.

#23 ·
cougar_guy04 said:
No problem, as long as we all come away from it learning something :thumbsup:
Hey look at that, what a nice guy. He took the time out of his life to "help" someone. Instead you got these other people (a-holes) on here offending people cause they have a few errors in there grammar. If you dont understand someone say it in a nice way.

Nice job cougar guy :D , i give you a -> :thumbsup:

#24 ·
As for your question, any 5x4.25 wheel w/ the proper baskspacing will work on your tbird. or if you want the actual nascar aero wheels, youre going to need to figure out how to make your tbird have a 5x5" bolt pattern.

From the looks of P.J's car it looks like it has had a 5x4.5" hub swap, and has 16" wheels. as far as the backspace, and tire size, I have no clue.[/QUOTE]

i have basset weels i my mind with adapters from 5X4.25 to 5x4.5, i don't care what ford said about adapters, i use 1" and bigger adapters/spacers for more than 15 years without any problem. my owen idea was 275/60/15 on a 8x15 rim for the rear
and 235/60/15 on a 7X15 with a 4"backspacing for all 4 rims that with minus an 1" adapter i guess will work just fine or is there something wrong???
any comment????

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.