Source for an 18" bullit wheel? - TCCoA Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-19-2007, 05:18 PM Thread Starter

Source for an 18" bullit wheel?

I have 3 18x9 bullit wheels, one was destroyed in an accident. Anyone have any suggestions where to get a fourth?

This is our bolt pattern, not the Mustang.

Thanks!
Scott
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-19-2007, 05:41 PM
Seasoned PostWhore

eBay seller CustomwheelsMarket recent sold a set of chrome ones. I hadn't seen then with any MN12 wheels for sale for quite awhile, so you might want to contact them to see if they have any singles.

I was tempted to bid on the 18s, I like my 17s I got from them (besides the fact they have the wrong backspacing) but can't afford to do that and get new tires.

--
97 Mark VIII LSC/Silver/Gray leather
97 Cougar 4.6 Sport/White Opalescent Tricoat Metallic /Gray leather down but not out?
89 Cougar LS 3.8/Oxford White/Gray velour/HG need replaced AGAIN
00 Grand Marquis LS/Vibrant White/Gray velour
63 Falcon 302/black and rust/shed isn't moving
82 F-150/Oxford White/dumb VV carb doesn't pass emissions
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-20-2007, 09:43 AM
PostWhore

Maybe Brad Storey (cudaz101)??

cheers
Ed N.

95 T-Bird SC 5-speed -- SOLD!!
88 T-Bird Turbo Coupe 5-speed
07 Mustang GT 5-speed with some stuff
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-20-2007, 10:50 AM Thread Starter

I saw Brad's ad from a bit ago and emailed to ask him.

I've called CWM a few times, they never have any. They probably found some in their warehouse and sold them. They used to have a lot on auction, but always in 4s.

Thanks guys, still looking.

S
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-20-2007, 08:28 PM
5th Gear Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by avu3 View Post
I have 3 18x9 bullit wheels, one was destroyed in an accident. Anyone have any suggestions where to get a fourth?

This is our bolt pattern, not the Mustang.

Thanks!
Scott
i always said do the hub swap because replacement rims are next to impossible to find in the t-bird pattern, especially one. if you trash a mustang wheel you can always get a replacement, no problem.

94 SC AUTO - $$$$ Pit
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-21-2007, 03:26 AM
TCCoA Wheel Guru

Send a message via Yahoo to cudaz101
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickleman60 View Post
i always said do the hub swap because replacement rims are next to impossible to find in the t-bird pattern, especially one. if you trash a mustang wheel you can always get a replacement, no problem.
Contrair

Why not just put that line in your signature dude??heh

Brad

1990 & 1994 SC's
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-21-2007, 11:13 AM Thread Starter

I don't think a hub swap is a de regur modification. Sure, if you want to or you have a compelling reason you can, but there are plenty of tbird/mark wheels available, as noted by Brad's entire business. I think you can still jump on tirerack or americastires and find a pretty wide selection too.

Keeping it stock is one less variable you have to deal with when you sell the car.

For me, this was just an unfortunate incident, and I learned my lesson. I have one wrecked wheel and one which is fixable. I'll get that fixed and have a spare.

I also happen to have my original set of wheels and another set of 17s for flexibility, so, for me, a hub swap doesn't make sense.

On topic, Brad is taking care of me. Thanks!

Scott
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-21-2007, 01:39 PM
5th Gear Poster

i'm glad you could find a replacement but as for me when i was looking for some new rims a couple of years ago i settled for the 18" black saleens speedstars with fit my theme of the way i wanted my car to look. the only way back then and even now to get the black speedstars is in the mustang pattern so that's why i did my hub swap. and brad i'm not knocking you or your business are doing the mn12 community a great service i'm just saying my opinion on the subject and you know the saying "opinions are like a$$holes everybody has one".

94 SC AUTO - $$$$ Pit
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-22-2007, 01:01 AM
TCCoA Wheel Guru

It just gets old reading the same thing being said over and over by the same individual on every MN12 board I visit when in fact its not completely true. I do in fact have replacements set asside unless its something I can't have made myself and the actual manufacturer stops making that specific wheel. For example the ADR Kasai was discontinued but there are spares set asside and we have had many need those recently.

Anyways...

Glad we could help out Scott.

Brad

1990 & 1994 SC's
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-22-2007, 01:12 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by cudaz101
I do in fact have replacements set asside unless its something I can't have made myself and the actual manufacturer stops making that specific wheel. For example the ADR Kasai was discontinued but there are spares set asside and we have had many need those recently.
I wish we could get every vendor in the community to think this way... thinking ahead to protect the community. Unfortunatley, so many get burned or fail to see it, or, more likely, can't afford to because they get in bidding wars with consumers who think that eeking out the last penny is more important than building a relationship...

Brad's email to me, paraphrased, was that he didn't mind selling 1/2 here/there cause he needed to keep a few odd lots around for spares for people in the future.

Anyway, thanks Brad, appreciate those coming down to me. Nice fellow you had on the phone too, very patient with me as I spelled my horrible address.

Scott

Last edited by avu3; 03-22-2007 at 10:07 AM.
post #11 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-22-2007, 05:57 AM
Seasoned PostWhore

Send a message via AIM to SVT2888
There are plenty of wheels on the market with a 5x108 bolt pattern. I would love to get my hands on a set of wheels off of a 2004 + Jaguar XJ. Some of the stock wheels on those look great! Only problem is that they are $$$$.

Mods: Concrete Median
CNCpics.com-Automotive Event Photography
Facebook
Ebay Store
Official B-team member. Viva La Revolucion!
post #12 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-22-2007, 06:12 AM
TCCoA Wheel Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by SVT2888 View Post
There are plenty of wheels on the market with a 5x108 bolt pattern. I would love to get my hands on a set of wheels off of a 2004 + Jaguar XJ. Some of the stock wheels on those look great! Only problem is that they are $$$$.
If you are serius hit me up...I can get that stuff as well. Might not be as much money as you have seen around elsewhere.

Brad

1990 & 1994 SC's

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the TCCoA Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in