Eagle F-1 GS-D3 - TCCoA Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-01-2007, 01:31 PM Thread Starter
PostWhore

Send a message via AIM to ThunderBeast86
Eagle F-1 GS-D3

Hey guys,
I need to get some rear tires for my 17x9 Cobra R's, and I need something amazing in the rain. I drive on the highway everyday (to and from work).
This summer I plan on doing 4.10's and my Dirty TC, so rain will need to be conquered with these mods.
I have read nothing but great reviews on the Eagle D-1 GS-D3 in the rain, but the price tag scares me.
Are they really worth the extra money? I've also read great reviews about the Falken 451 & 452 in the rain.
I ordered 451's for the front tires, I got an amazing deal on them.
Does anyone have any experience with these? Or can you compare them to another tire?

Oh, anyone run 285/40/17's in the rear? Would these create any fitment issues on the car?

2.25" True Dual Catless DI/DO Magnaflow Exhaust, Eibach Springs, Addco 1 3/8", J-mod, Viper 791 Alarm, Clarion 855 full color touch-screen, Directed 2400 amp , 2 12" CV Strokers with a custom ported box, K&N air filter, 180* T-Stat, Xcal2 SCT TUNED BY LONNIE 17 x 7.5 (245/45/17) Chrome Cobra R's, 17x9 in back(275/40/17)
DOHC sitting in the garage
Teksid 2v plans?!?!
Tranny Cooler, Dual Remote Oil Filter waiting for install
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-01-2007, 09:22 PM
Seasoned PostWhore

Send a message via AIM to The Great Obucina
D3 is the ****. I ran BFG g-force Sports in 245/45/17 and they were ****ing wicked...and relatively inexpensive.

"Booyah". Stu Scott.
1996 Braincoated, all Aluminum PI powered and obscenely loud Pearl White Tbird [email protected] AKA Dyrdek.
2013 Black on black FX2 Supercrew Ecoboost F150. Roll onto the scene with the ceiling missing.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-02-2007, 12:30 AM
motor city poster

Send a message via AIM to Red96Bird
By no means, am i running 4.10's or a converter but i can go pretty much wide open in the rain with my 255/45/17 BFG KDW's They slip a little on the shift but other than that, almost perfect.

good tire for like 143 ea, at discount tire.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-02-2007, 12:32 AM
4th Gear Poster

They are amazing tires wet or dry. Up here they are on the pricey side, but great for the money.
I was going to put a set of those on the rims I ordered, but it would have put the cost up $900 CDN more, so I opted for a set of the Falken 452's...
Do it though if you have the money

Ϣr

1994 Lincoln Mark VIII
4.6L DOHC; meter4it.com chase/sequential tail lights; 20" Giovanna Dalars; 4.30 gears; FRPP Track-Lok; SCT tuned; Baumann ReCal; Addco bars; Cobra brakes...

RIP - '86 Mark VII LSC

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the TCCoA Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in