TCCoA Forums banner

Ford shut down FordFuelinjection.com

11K views 27 replies 14 participants last post by  jco1385 
#1 ·
Title says it all.

#3 ·
It disgusts me FoMoCo shuts down the people that keep it alive.

#4 ·
#5 ·
Raped and pillaged!

:)

So, why did they take them down?

#6 ·
Yeah...they wonder why GM has sooooo much support, and then they go and shut down sites that make it easier for people to mod their vehicles.

Ex: When the SN95 cars first came out, they kept it a secret. It took a while for the aftermarket to start making performance parts. Then, when the 05s came out, they released a bunch of them to aftermarket companies so they could get the parts out there so people would purchase the cars.

This is not the EXACT example, but you get the point.

SWS

#8 ·
#10 ·
Do we need to give BAD Press to Ford about this?

#12 ·
Thankfully, I had scraped that site, as well as the fordcds site, years ago.

This kind of behavior sux.

No new cars we will buy, and assaulting our attempts at keeping the old ones going.

Unfortunately, I refuse to be the idiot consumer they need me to be.

#13 ·
Were you drinking when you made this post? I don't quite understand the point you are making here, Grog! :tongue:

#14 ·
That a) he's glad he made an offline copy of that site earlier, b) Ford's behavior is reprehensible, c) they don't make cars he wants to buy now, and they're making it harder to keep the old ones going, and d) he won't be a mindless consumer for them.

Dunno why you had trouble understanding it :diablo:

RwP

#15 ·
If you check my earlier post, you'll find they didn't take the content off, it's under a different name. And taking the name would mean you're the next to be law-suited by Ford.

And I kinda figured that's what he meant, it was just the wording that was funky (and I was razzing him)...

#18 ·
Ford has a legitimate way for forums to use the ford trademarks including names and images. And they have every right to shut down sites that use them. We may not like it but thats the way it is. I know certain sites that are an inch away from that happening to them where copyright infringement and tradmarkes are used for profit.

Make no mistakes. Ford is a corporation just like any other. But compared to GM and Chrysler..They know what they are doing. There ar eprobably more sites online catering to mustangs alone then the other two american companies combined.

#20 ·
Well Nick, If I said I did that might cause a problem. So I am not saying that I do.

#22 ·
Guys, if we redraw these drawings, we can post them; only the physical instance is copyrighted.

PDFs of the EVTM are illegal; pdfs of our reproductions are not.

We could make people that only want to be here to sell parts make drawings for us, to be able to post parts for sale. :zdevil:

#23 ·
I don't quite understand the copyright of a picture of an alternator. I mean, I can take pictures of dozens of alternators and post them with descriptions of what they are, right? This kind of crap always ticked me off.

I mean, I see the point in the way the copyright laws of computer programs changes as a result of what Gates did to the programmers. He wrote all his programs that "looked and felt" like the originals (ie Word = WordPerfect, Excel = Lotus123, Access = DBaseIV, etc, etc) so the law was rewritten that even if you wrote your own program from scratch, if it looked and felt like another program (like same keystrokes), you were guilty of copyright infringement.

But 20-30 year old alternators can't be photographed? That's a lot different. Maybe I'm just stupid, but I don't see how any judge can take a site down because I photographed my Thunderbird and it's various parts. Go after someone who cares, Ford, cause he ain't here!

#24 ·
The site is back up now under the name OldFuelInjection.com

Ford was getting pissy about their name.

#25 · (Edited)
I didnt know it was a big deal.
I found that new name worked last week by clicking on my FFI bookmark and figured ford had called them on it. The outcome in court might not have gone in ford's favor as it's used as a label not a brand but there's no point in fighting it... too expensive

Interesting thing is that lawyers from one or the other sides must have okayed the url for a redirect. Since you can still use your bookmarks.. (the url would have been inop for a few days whiel they figured that out}.
http://www.fordfuelinjection.com/?p=82

So I would BET it's a friendly pro-forma thing. Ford didnt really object to that site.

They want a clear record and paper trail that they can point to if they're trying to shut down other sites that arent so beneficial to them and their business.

This is just a taste, though, of what might happen if SOPA passes congress. It's being fought right now ... you guys think it's only about music and video content?

heh.. For all you liberals.. you might follow the campaign money and see who's who in this. And wonder why GoDaddy was FOR it. before they were against it. Follow the money

"Democrats got your back and the Republican only for the big Corporations!"

Yeah.. right. Just like the banks.

#26 ·
"Democrats got your back and the Republican only for the big Corporations!"
The way I look at it - Yah, they got my back. Right in their sights.

The Repubs are the ones loading the howlitzer :diablo:

I don't trust ANY politician since Edwin Edwards got arrested and sent to jail. Now, HE was honestly corrupt - he'd tell you his price, and he stayed bought!

RwP

#27 ·
Check This Out!

Hey y'all, I just learned of some interesting information I'm sure you're going to want to know. All this talk of fordfuelinjection site? Check out what is going on with that - pretty cool stuff!

http://univexinstitute.org/

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.