TCCoA Forums banner

removing stock exhaust question

1K views 8 replies 4 participants last post by  coggonobrien 
#1 ·
got the passenger side off my 94 lx 4.6 and got the lower nut off the driver side. the question is is there something differant about the top driver's side? it looks much smaller so i'm not sure if it just rotted off and I need to cut it.

THanks,
David

#4 ·
If your talking about at the manifold on the drivers side you have to pop the hood and get a long extension to hold the top bolt and then loosen it from the bottom. (or the other way around) I had thought I rounded it off but eventually found what was going on.. HTH

#5 · (Edited)
Wow, that diagram looks way different than the actual exhaust (I saved your diagram because it has the part numbers!) lol

Here is another one that looks more accurate:

#9 ·
ending up having to grind the lower end of the bolt off. anybody happen to know what size of bolt I should buy to replace it? there isn't enough size left to measure. all 3 of the studs survived in good shape suprisingly, just need new nuts for them. if anybody knows the size on them i'd appreciate it.

Thanks!
David

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.