VFN 4 21.05%
Cobra R 3 15.79%
Ram Air 5 26.32%
Voters: 19. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-08-2014, 07:09 AM Thread Starter
5th Gear Poster

Which hood for a 96-97

Im soo torn on this cant decide between our three options VFN, Cobra R, or Ram Air.

I liked the idea of the Ram for moving air around but i dont know it if looks as clean as the Cobra R. Then the VFN one has a stock type look to it that looks kinda clean.

What are your guys options and post pictures if you got them.

Thanks
Wink

94 3.8 T-Bird Cardomain Sold to the junkman
1997 4.6L T-bird Laser Red HALO Headlight Conversion, Silencer Removed, Lowered Eibach 1 1/2inches, Bilstein Shocks, ART Catless Downtubes, Mandrel bent 2.5 Exhaust, Borla Mufflers, Mrk8 8.8 TL 3.73, 18x9 Black Saleens, BFGoodrich GForce Sport Comp-2 245/45/R18
2004 F-150 Single Cab 4.6
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-08-2014, 09:43 AM
Seasoned PostWhore

The Cobra R is really the only one I like. The others seem a little off especially on the 96/7s

-Patrick
[email protected] on used street tires
See profile for full list of mods

Pics here.. http://forums.tccoa.com/showthread.php?t=129479
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-08-2014, 02:04 PM
Humble MN12 Genius
Super Moderator

Garage
Send a message via Yahoo to XR7-4.6
Stock.

-Matt
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-08-2014, 04:44 PM
PostWhore

Depends on the car as a whole.

Stock if the car is stock. But, if the the car has been modified i.e. exterior, engine, wheels, exhaust, gfx, headlamp enhancements etc, then an aftermarket fiberglass hood can add to the good looks of the car as a whole.

Sometimes seeing pics of our cars with aftermarket hoods, the back of the car doesn't seem to match the front. Like sometimes with a ram air hood, but then the back is rather plain Jane.

Or, a car that has this aggressive front end with a cobra r, and the car does high 15's et's is kind'a phony. That's the main reason I haven't bought a cobra r for my car. It's too stock, too quite, too slow.

So stock if the car is stock, and I personally like the cobra r hood when it is in balance with the cars looks, and performance, as a whole package.

1995 Thunderbird LX 4.6l 97 Headlamps/Hood All Red Tails Muffler/Resonator Delete
2004 Tahoe 5.3 4x4
2008 Acadia Limited AWD

...still looking for a clean, low mileage, rust free 96/97 Thunderbird 4.6
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-08-2014, 06:36 PM
Road warrior extrodinaire

Super Moderator

Garage
The hood was one of my last mods. If I were you I'd start elsewhere ... I agree with Rushton here.

Having said that, I wouldn't put anything aftermarket but a Cobra R non-Ram Air hood on a MN12.

Mods? Yea, I got mods ...
Air silencer delete, warp drive, dilithium crystals, flux capacitor, Slingshot Rubber band power adder, Moonshine & Gas, Leaf Blower Supercharger, Hamster Wheel & Hamster, Energizer Bunny generating 1.21 gigawatts, Mr. FusionŽ Home Energy Reactor, hover conversion and a sextant celestial navigation system (The original GPS)
Best 1/4: 1,320 nanoseconds @ 670,616,629.2 miles per hour

"There isn't that much difference anymore between spacecraft, aircraft and modern automobiles..." - Keith Henry, NASA's Langley Research Center
See a list of my real mods and pictures of my car HERE. The true performance of my car was made possible by the Carolinas Crew Chief, RobertP at Rob's Tire & Auto
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-08-2014, 07:12 PM
Seasoned PostWhore

Send a message via AIM to Chris_Murder
I've had the cobra r non ram air and now have the vfn hood. I only got the hood because of the intake and blower I want. Without the hood those things wont fit my DOHC.

-1996 Pearl White Thunderbird 4.6 Sport 4v with many mods:
Current Best: 13.583 @ 103.74 10/2014.
227hp/241tq measured on calibrated mustang dyno, tested at full vehicle simulation with inertia enabled, no number skewing.
-2001 White Ford F-250 Super Duty 6.8 V10, 4-door, 4x4, Limo Tint, BFG KO2's, Bilstein 7100 Remote Reservoir Race Bypass Shocks, 6" Spring lift, Kenwood Double Din, K&N Intake, FlowMaster Exhaust
Amber_Murder's Daily Driver.
-2005 White GMC Sierra 3500 6.6 Duramax, Dually, 4-door, 4x4, Limo Tint, BFG Commercial T/A's, Rancho RS9000XL Shocks, Kenwood Double Din, K&N Intake, Banks Monster Exhaust
Chris_Murder's Daily Driver.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the TCCoA Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in