'97 T-Bird Lower Door Hinge - TCCoA Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-17-2014, 10:56 AM Thread Starter
PostWhore

Send a message via Yahoo to dmw_4814
'97 T-Bird Lower Door Hinge

If I'm not mistaken, isn't the lower door hinge on a '97 T-Bird the same part number for both the left & right sides? I'm other words, there isn't two different part numbers for the driver's-side door and the passenger-side lower door hinges, right?

I need to replace my driver's-side lower door hinge, and I found someone selling a NOS Ford part that he describes as being the right lower door hinge, but I'm pretty sure there's just one part number for both sides. I need to verify that before I buy it, as I replaced the right lower hinge a couple of years ago.

Thanks,

Dennis
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-17-2014, 11:41 AM
Kind of slapped together

FordParts.COM shows different part numbers for the lower hinge, but the top hinge being the same for both.

Sorry.

RwP

Fuelly
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-17-2014, 12:19 PM Thread Starter
PostWhore

Quote:
Originally Posted by RalphP View Post
FordParts.COM shows different part numbers for the lower hinge, but the top hinge being the same for both.

Sorry.

RwP
I'm pretty sure that's not correct; if I enter the part number of the lower hinge at both www.parts.com and www.fordparts.com, it comes up simply as "Frt door lower hinge assy" or "hinge assy - door", without specifying left or right.

I actually purchased both hinges a few years back, and I'm 99.9% certain there was only one part number for both sides. But the 2nd one disappeared before I ever got a chance to install it - I came home from work one day in January, 2012 to find that my dirty, filthy, cheating, adulterous whore of an ex-wife had been cheating on me, and she had moved out of our home, taking half of our belongings with her. I'm pretty sure that lower door hinge was in a box on the floor of the backseat of her car.

Anyway, I digress.

I hope I'm right, because I just bought that hinge for $68!

Dennis
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-17-2014, 11:15 PM
Kind of slapped together

It may be they're mirror image, using the same parts.

However, the cam that holds the door open is at the bottom of the pin on both of my 1991 Cougar lower door hinges. Don't know if it's the same part or not, since FordParts.COM only shows the core #, not the complete #.

RwP

Fuelly
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-18-2014, 11:00 AM Thread Starter
PostWhore

I just called the parts department at a local Ford dealer and he confirmed that both the left & right doors use the same part number for the lower hinge.

Dennis

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the TCCoA Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in