few alarm issues/lighting issues - TCCoA Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 02-24-2015, 11:36 PM Thread Starter
2nd Gear Poster

few alarm issues/lighting issues

So i have the keyless entry and just recently found the code a d purchased a new keypad to use it.

Its the factory ford keypad paid 10$ of craigslist and everything works as it should.

However im not sure i have a theft light on the dash? I do not know how to tell either but when i double press lock it beeps and my rear led panel(94) blinks. Well i swear sometimes i can faintly see my corner lamps up front blink very dim or none at all.

There brand new bulbs and my corners blink with the turn signal bright. My parking lamps are also bright.

What could cause that. Ive chased doen wiring diagrams so it cant be that, everything checked out okay.

Also when i beep the car whats a way i can test to make sure the alarm really works and just dosent beep and lock the doors.

I pull on the door handle interior lights come on, ive locked myself in trunk and car, armed it and the pulled the levers and handle to get out of both and thr alarm hasnt went off.

What gives?

My Mods:
Spectre Custom Air Filter, greasable sway bar brackets - front/rear, custom shifter, plastic dip wheels/center caps original, port/polished throttle body(by me).

Future Mods:
3.73 Gears, 4.6 to 5.0 stroker kit. Supercharger, 100HP NOS shot, Built 4r70w (jmod 450+HP) Trac lok with HD clutches. Fold/split rear seat.

*recover all the leather, freshen it up and clean it.
*paint the whole interior black - 20%
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 02-25-2015, 06:01 AM
5th Gear Poster

My 94 just beeps and flashes on the second push to confirm the doors are locked. My 96 had anti theft, you could see it flash on the dash when activated though I don't think it was an alarm, it just deactivated the car from starting. The module for the anti-theft was in the trunk next to the keyless entry module. It should have a sticker that says anti-theft on it.

1997 Mark 8 LSC

Former owner:
1996 Thunderbird lx 4.6
1994 Thunderbird lx 4.6
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 02-25-2015, 09:52 AM Thread Starter
2nd Gear Poster

So if i dont have anti theft someone could still bust a window n alarm wouldnt go off?. If so could i install a anti theft piece from a tbird that has onr and it would work. I dnt care for thr light blinking on the dash i just dbt want snyone busting a eibdow or stealing thr car.

My Mods:
Spectre Custom Air Filter, greasable sway bar brackets - front/rear, custom shifter, plastic dip wheels/center caps original, port/polished throttle body(by me).

Future Mods:
3.73 Gears, 4.6 to 5.0 stroker kit. Supercharger, 100HP NOS shot, Built 4r70w (jmod 450+HP) Trac lok with HD clutches. Fold/split rear seat.

*recover all the leather, freshen it up and clean it.
*paint the whole interior black - 20%

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the TCCoA Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in