Stock Pin striping - TCCoA Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 07-26-2015, 05:41 PM Thread Starter
5th Gear Poster

Stock Pin striping

Help me find a source for ready made decals, or vinyl tape, or whatever it is Ford put on these cars. I had a website bookmarked, but it went into cyberspace. My recent body and paint work did a number on my white stripes.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 07-30-2015, 05:56 AM
5th Gear Poster

Garage
No ones answered this. My only experience is with 1997 Cougars. 2 cars have tape pinstripes one car has no pinstripes. At least in 1997 I have never seen any factory brouchure listing a pinstripe option. This doesn't mean that the cars couldn't be ordered that way from the factory special order. Just that I've not seen the option listed. My best guess is that pinstripes were dealer installed - at least in 1997. Which more than likely means that the dealer used what ever trim stripes were being offered by the local jobber that was selling them their body and paint supply's. As I see it you have several options.

See what your local dealer may list of have. The chances of this being the same thing that was being offered 18+ years ago are slim. If there was a a specific listing for pinstripe tape you chances of locating the the exact specific tape are going to be slim. And it's likely to be 18+ years old.

Find a hot rodder or old school body shop in your area with a buegler paint striping tool and paint them on. Or buy your own Buegler tool from Eastwood along with the supplies and do them your self.

Visit the local paint jobber in your area who should have a bunch of options for tape stripes. As I recall the big name here is 3M. And possibly TrimBrite.

Look on line and find the 3M tape that come closest to matching your existing stripes. Then order them online or from some place like Amazon.

Last but not least realize your current stripes are 18+ years old and likely faded. Even if you find the exact same pattern any new tape sections are likely to not match what's on your car now. So more than likely your going to have to stripe the whole car.

My advice here would be to hit the paint jobber and pick out something you like that's closest to what you have and if your comfortable with it stripe the car. If that's not something you want to do than any number of car detailing shops, body shop, rust proofing shops and car alarm/car accessory dealers in your area will offer this service or have referral and recommendations. Another tip would be to find a Lincoln or Caddy dealer that seems to specialize in over accessorized pimp mobile golfer retiree specials and find out where the send this stuff to have it ruined.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the TCCoA Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in