Sorry to revive a dead post, but I just thought it might be helpful for someone down the road (pun DEFINITELY intended) who might have had a similar problem to me.
After deciding how much money I wanted to spend on it, I decided to start by replacing the hinges. It turns out that neither the frame nor the door were the problem; just the hinges themselves.
Since my car already looked like garbage and I'm a poor college student, to get the door to open again I just took a rubber mallet (suggested by Jim3inVirginia) and just used some "heavy persuasion" to work it into a somewhat decent shape. I used a little pry bar to pry the fender out, and I eventually managed to get the door to open. It was sagging before I bent the door out, and after doing so, it started to sag more. The bottom of the door and fender would still bind some, but overall the door actually opened. There was a small gap (~1cm) at the top of the door when it was closed, so I couldn't really drive it around. After failing to take off a hinge from the junkyard, I managed to get a new upper hinge for $40 directly from the Ford parts website. Since it felt like the door was just tilted sideways, I only thought it was the top hinge.
To replace the hinge, I had an assistant help me hold the door while I stood it on some jacks. I opened it all the way and jacked it up until it was level, and then undid the bolts from the part of the hinge connected to the door. We rotated the door back to the closed position and pushed it toward the rear about ~1/2ft from the normal position of the door to gain access to the main part of the hinge. Since there is a bolt going into the hinge from the inside of the car, I decided to just replace the half of the hinge that connects to the door - it was clearly bent out of shape. I used an angle grinder to cut through the rod on both the mounted hinge and the new one I bought, and replaced the half by using one of those Dorman HELP! rod and bushing kits. After (somewhat obviously) not fixing the problem entirely, I looked and found that the bottom hinge was also bent out. Since I didn't want to shell out another hundred bucks (cheapest price I could find with shipping was seriously almost $100), I decided to just cut off the outer part of the lower hinge.
After replacing the top hinge and cutting off the bottom, the door closed an adequate amount to keep water out, even though there is some wind noise. However, due to not wanting to spend my hard-earned (read: financial aid) cash, the compromise was that the driver's door would sag ridiculously - too much for me to be comfortable opening the door. So from then on, I entered through the passenger door and climbed over the center console.
TLDR; If you bend out your door (and are probably a lucky person), take a look at your hinges first. You can tell if they're bent out, especially if the hinges are really dirty. Just compare it to the other side. Be gentle with a mallet and a prybar; that can really beat up your car. Buy a couple of those Dorman HELP! bushing and rod kits, and attempt to get the hinges from the junkyard. Make sure that the cars are far enough apart that you can open the door all the way, or else you'll get your nice ratchet wrench stuck in the hinge and then not be able to get it back, unless you can cut the door with some tool you have that I don't. Replace the outer part of the hinges on your door, and it should be back to normal!
Thanks again for all your help everybody!
Last edited by onecelledwolf; 03-06-2018 at 02:18 AM.