Clear Headlights? - TCCoA Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-16-2002, 12:20 AM Thread Starter

Clear Headlights?

Hey my headlights are foggy, they have a yellow tint for em. I see alot of pics on here with people who have clear headlights. But I do see them forsale on ebay.com for $100 each headlight, well I cant afford that right now. Just wondering if there is a way to get them clear without paying that much $$$

TOny
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-16-2002, 12:44 AM
PostWhore

Hey man,

You can try to resurface it yourself. I believe there is an article on how to do it here in TCCoA articles. When I got my bird, one of the lights was brand new and the other one was original. It looked terrible. I resurfaced the yellow one, and it looks pretty close to the new one. You can still see some difference though. I also live in Brooklyn, let me know if you wanna see it in person. Later.

Jim

Slightly Jerryfied...
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-22-2002, 09:19 PM

This worked for me. I wet sanded my headlights with 1500 grit sandpaper and then polished them with rubbung compound and a buffer. It took almost all the yellow out, and was a lot cheaper than buying new lights. Even taiwan aftermarket lights are expensive. If you can get them.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-22-2002, 10:17 PM
Back in Black

Administrator

I did mine, thought they looked good...

Then I finally got around to replacing the drivers side headlight, which the lower adjuster connector was broken on, with a used non-yellowed one...

I ended up paying the $70 to get a brand new one from http://www.headlightstotaillights.com ( $60 for 89-93).

Now I just keep them waxed every other weekend.

R.I.P. Joel Bender 07/30/79 - 03/26/06
R.I.P. Johnny Langton 1975-2011

1997 Thunderbird LX 4.6 AED 349.27RWHP/391.29RWTQ Engine Build Exterior shots
2002 Thunderbird Premium Triple Black 3.9
2015 Fusion Energi SE Luxury Magnetic Gray
*SCRAPPED* 1994 LX 4.6 NA [email protected] 236.07RWHP/286.26RWTQ
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-23-2002, 10:07 AM
3rd Gear Poster

just a thought....I did the whole sandpaper deal and polish on my 93 headlights...which worked pretty good; but on my 96 they were starting to get alittle yellow around the edges. So I tried some of my Zaino Bro's hard plastic polish on it (sorry forgot what number is it)....figure Zaino does everything else so wonderfully it was worth a shot. That stuff worked great on it...now I don't know how well if would work on the tough stuff from my 93 but for touch up and maintenance it worked great.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-23-2002, 12:38 PM

Send a message via AIM to JustinH
guys,
I tried all the tricks of cleaning the headlights. So I just went and ordered new ones. It makes the car look 1000 times better, especially with new clear corners. I got ford headlights (not aftermarket) from headlightstotaillights.com, and clear corners from procarparts.com

Justin

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the TCCoA Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in