TCCoA Forums banner

Repainting My T-bird. What About Racing Stripes?

1K views 15 replies 10 participants last post by  Tim925.0 
#1 ·
Well, my car's paint started falling off several months ago. Summer's coming so I'm planning to totally repaint it.
What do you guys think about painting on some racing stripes?
I´d like to keep the same color and was thinking of just a wide stripe along the top of the car.

I remember seeing a picture of a white 94-95 bird with a blue racing stripe and chrome wheels. It looked awesome.

Any pics and opinions will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

#6 ·
Thanks for your replies.

THNDRN 1: Your car's paint when you only had tint and exhaust tips was like mine is now, and it gets worse everyday. I'm really dissapointed with Ford's paint quality.
That's a very nice ride you have there. Great looking stripes!!!

I'm also considering shaving the emblems on the tailights and while at the shop, shave the Ford emblem also.

#7 ·
Silver bird - I personally like the double racing stripes, as long as they are subtle like thndrn 1's.

thndrn 1 - What is "rear wheel liquid injection"? Never heard of the phrase, and I saw it on your list of mods. Nice car by the way.

#10 ·
Very ingenious.

#12 ·
SilverBird said:
I remember seeing a picture of a white 94-95 bird with a blue racing stripe and chrome wheels. It looked awesome.

Any pics and opinions will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
You're likely referring to 4CamBird's car:

And here's an old pic of the 90 XR7 I'm putting together:

-Rod

#13 ·
THNDRN 1 said:
If your going stripes I'd go atleast two. I really like my ghost stripes...they are very subtle. You can only see them at the right angle or light.

am i the only one that has never heard of "ghost stripes" before? is it the same color paint but with fine aluminum in it to make it reflective? how does one find/make "ghost" paint?

i'm repainting my 93 to a slightly sparkly gunmetal gray... maybe slightly darker gray ghost stripes would accent it well... just a thought.

Janine

#15 ·
Those bleach sprayers are fun as all get out. I love mine! :thumbsup: I was thinking about putting a racing stripe (sorta) on my car too, basically just painting the top of my hood scoop silver as opposed to the black the rest of the car will be, but I can't decide whether or not it'd be tacky. Sometimes I'll think it'll look good, then sometimes I think it's the ugliest idea I've ever had. So I'll probably leave em off, since I'm not sure about them...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.