LED Taillights - TCCoA Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-18-2002, 11:05 AM Thread Starter
6th Gear Poster

LED Taillights

The only US Ford dealer in The Netherlands told me if i want to repair the LED taillights i have to place 2 brandnew taillights (overhere about $ 300 each) ha ha, i don t think so.
I discovered some things on this site about repairing it by yourselve, but where can i buy the LED strip (made by Hewlett-Packard) which number do i have to order if my car is a 1994-1995 T-Bird:QPWR-G299, E-5041-9048 or the F2SB-13b500 and is there someone who already did the job and want to tell about it?

Thanks
Dutch T-Bird
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-18-2002, 11:30 AM
Refrigerator Raider Hater

hmm. your best bet may be to contact the fordparts network, and have them send you some working ones.

you can't buy the strip. I am working on a replacement as part of a school project, most likely have product out in April or May.

Matt "Looks Like Egon" Davis
96 Alpine Green V8
98 Audi A8 4.2Q in Racing Green Totalled
02 Audi A8L 4.2Q in Black

I buy my OEM Ford parts at 10% over dealer cost from Steve in White Bear Lake, MN.
You drive "like a man possessed"... by a woman!
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-18-2002, 11:45 AM
Seasoned PostWhore

Hi Dutch T-Bird:

Visited your country back in 91. Had a great time, and would love to go back sometime again.

With regard to the Hewlett-Packard LED/Reflector units, they were custom made for the T-Birds, and are no longer available, unless you buy "new" ones from Ford. Even the individual LED's are not a stock design. That part number in the Tech Article is a valid number, but you cannot order them.

If you can find a working set from a junkyard (I know - Holland), or have someone here ship you a couple working used ones, there aren't too many other choices left.

I suppose you could cut the back of them open, and try to see what went wrong on the circuit board to make the LED's go out.

Steve - TCCoA member
2003 Crown Vic LX Sport
1995 T-Bird LX 4.6 retired at 247,888 miles
Thanks for the ride !
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-23-2002, 06:02 PM
Seasoned PostWhore

Send a message via AIM to ben_cline Send a message via MSN to ben_cline Send a message via Yahoo to ben_cline
They have a strip you can add, but it's aftermarket, at Auto Zone. Went by there and they have a 1.5' led strip you can get for like $20, and some flashing led (Night Rider) srips, $20 for pair, but the first one has a harness you can put it on inside roof. I'd only do that with tint.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-24-2002, 12:35 AM
4th Gear Poster

My right side tail light just went and it looks like crap. I will eventually break down and buy one from ford. $278.00

12.28 @ 114mph
400RWHP~375RWTQ
Twin Screwed 95SC

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the TCCoA Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in