Sunroof?? - TCCoA Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-19-2002, 09:48 PM Thread Starter

Sunroof??

Hey does anyone know if I can take a Sunroof out of one bird and put it in mine? I'm looking to buy this one off this guy, but just want to make sure that I will be able to put it in mine.... .Will there be any problem in putting it in?

Also, Does anyone know how much it would cost to install in my car once I got it?

Lastly, How much would a used sunroof cost? I don't really know, and I was looking at a ballpark range as to how much I should offer for it...any suggestions?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-19-2002, 11:03 PM
Seasoned Veteran Poster

Well, I don't have too much experience with used sunroofs? As far as aftermarket ones, you can get on installed for about $1200.

Thomas

1989 Cougar XR7 - 13.21 @ 102.29 -SOLD-
1993 Thunderbird SC -Awaiting Suspension-
1994 Mark VIII - 14.85 @ 93.95 -SOLD-
1996 Thunderbird Sport 15.57 @ 89.42 -Retired @ 258k-
1997 Thunderbird LX AED -SOLD-
1997 Thunderbird Sport 15.71 @ 86.89 -SOLD-
1997 Mark VIII LSC 12.97 @ 112.15 -SOLD-
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-20-2002, 01:20 PM
4th Gear Poster

does your car already have a factory sunroof? if it does you can probably replace it with another factory piece. If you're talking about aftermarket ones, if it fit in one bird it should fit in yours but will probably cost the same to install as a new one, more if you have them pull it for you.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-20-2002, 04:00 PM
Seasoned PostWhore

Send a message via AIM to ben_cline Send a message via MSN to ben_cline Send a message via Yahoo to ben_cline
Saw someone put a sunroof in a GMC Sierra on TRUCKS on TNN.
They had to take out the headliner and make sure all the wires were out of the way. Use a grinder and cut out the braces where the sunroof went. Take a template and draw it on the roof. Drill a hole into the roof. Use a jigsaw and put a piece of tape on the blade where you want it to stop, like an inch up. Saw it out, I about died when I saw him drill into a like $30,000 truck roof, and clean up the sharp edges on the roof. if you can get some weatherstripping that wouldfit around good and silicone it good and install it.
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-20-2002, 06:08 PM
6th Gear Poster

Send a message via AIM to ASSASYN Send a message via Yahoo to ASSASYN
well...

me and my auto body guy were just talking about this and figured the easiest and cleanest install from a sunroof blessed bird to my bird would be to take the whole roof. This makes since because the t-bird sunroofs are indented in and with out at least the outer shell it would be hard to duplicate a factory install. Just dropping an idea. peace.
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-21-2002, 11:13 PM

i had an aftermarket sunroof put in... 265 bucks (no power).. it has a lifetime no-leak garuntee and well, it doesnt leak. its a 32x17. i love it. they did a good job. -greg
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-22-2002, 09:48 AM

I had one installed at Ziebart for $800. One of those power roofs with one touch and can stop at any position. A 10 year warranty. One of those spoiler types. I really love it!
http://www.cartogra.com/rs/B91BFE50-...C-0090277A760E
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-22-2002, 11:25 AM
Seasoned PostWhore

Send a message via AIM to ben_cline Send a message via MSN to ben_cline Send a message via Yahoo to ben_cline
I think I saw a post on that car here. Looks nice, I bet it runs really good.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the TCCoA Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in