Question for those with painted headlights... - TCCoA Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-27-2004, 11:29 AM Thread Starter
MAMN12 Posse Member

Question for those with painted headlights...

I'm thinking about painting my headlights but I've noticed something...

This is how Keith's headlights look...

And this is how Mike V's look...

Both car's headlights have been painted, but why do Keith's look so much darker? Anybody?

~Jeff

*signed off
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-27-2004, 08:59 PM
Rob
Seasoned PostWhore

Send a message via AIM to Rob
looks like he painted the wazy part on the insides too. Mine are like that...havent done the corners yet.
-Rob

-Rob
RIP '94 Amber Fire Pearl Metallic Thunderbird on Bullitts [email protected]
96 Sport '02 Explorer PI with ported heads, 90MM LMAF, DirtyDog Marauder TC, Lasota tune, Jmod, Magnaflow mid-mount with X, no cats. Urethane drivers motor mount. HIDs!
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-28-2004, 02:42 AM
Dim Bulb

Send a message via AIM to Falcon5783 Send a message via MSN to Falcon5783 Send a message via Yahoo to Falcon5783
It could partly be the pics/cameras. The bottom pic looks like the cam sensitivity was turned up, or a brighter sun out that day, etc

+1

Elliot
'95 who-the-hell-knows-what in progress
2003 Mustang Cobra radiator, 180* T-stat, Hayden Ultra-cool auxiliary transmission cooler, 13" slotted/cross-drilled front rotors, Dual-Piston PBR calipers Powder Coated Red w/ black logo, 17" 7-spoke Chrome Motegis, JVC Arsenal 5000 HU with touch screen, Kappa 5x7's, Audiobahn 12 pushing 550 rms, FF50 driving lights, FF75 fog lights, xenon 95 air dam, 97 side skirts, rear window tbird decal
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-28-2004, 12:49 PM
2nd Gear Poster

Yes Keith has painted the lenses and also some of the chrome reflective part too. This was the first bird I seen with painted lights and the reason I painted mine. I dont know for sure but it looks like Mike only painted his lenses. I opted to only paint the reflective pieces in the background. Here is a bad pick but a pick none the less...

They all look good! IMO
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-28-2004, 02:18 PM Thread Starter
MAMN12 Posse Member

Ah yes, that's it. I remember Mike telling me he only painted the lenses...never dawned on me til you said that. I think I'm going to do do the reflective and the lenses on mine. I'm kind of leary of the signals, are they extremely hard to get apart?

~Jeff

*signed off
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-28-2004, 02:52 PM
2nd Gear Poster

Not necessarily hard, but it does require time and cutting. That is the only way to get them apart. Well worth it though!

How To
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-28-2004, 03:02 PM Thread Starter
MAMN12 Posse Member

Thanks for the link. I just want to make sure I can do this before I drop all this money into lights and end up screwing them up.

~Jeff

*signed off
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-28-2004, 11:21 PM
5th Gear Poster

Send a message via Yahoo to Blackicelsc
Life as a Gen 1 (93-96) Mark VIII owner gets more and more ironic everyday.

We struggle to see with our low beams on, and it isnt much better with our highbeams on.

Now I find that some T-Bird(my car's cousin) owners are actually PAINTING their headlights?

Man, I would pay a NHTSA agent to go for a ride in my car, on my way to work at 4:30am, and to read the street sign ahead of me.

You guys have no idea how fortunate you are that Ford didnt let Lincoln's design team have lunch with the T-Bird design team!

"I may not be able to see, but I'm haulin' booty!"
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-29-2004, 12:07 PM
2nd Gear Poster

LOL thats great. I really couldnt see with my 94 95 lights either, but that is a different story with the new and clear 96-97's. As bad as it may sound, "painting the headlights" it really doesnt affect the illumination at all.
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-29-2004, 12:48 PM
6th Gear Poster

Send a message via AIM to Ashish
I agree with you on how terrible the gen 1 markviii lights are. My buddy has silverstar's for the highbeams. I have caught myself telling him to turn the high's on even when they were.

As for painting the lens, only the sides get painted the parts with the horizontal lines running across them. The reflector in the back is untouched.

1997 Birdie, its the good one. Limited Edition Sport Sold
9/6/03-9/7/03-J mod & Mark VIII TC 12/26/03-Apten Chip & 03 GT MAF 3/11/04-3/14/04-PI Cams & PI Intake 8/19/04-FRPP 3.73 Diffy2/26/05-SCT chip (burned by Ken B.)

1998 Z28 M6 5.7 LS1
post #11 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-31-2004, 10:53 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Blackicelsc

We struggle to see with our low beams on, and it isnt much better with our highbeams on.

Now I find that some T-Bird(my car's cousin) owners are actually PAINTING their headlights?

Man, I would pay a NHTSA agent to go for a ride in my car, on my way to work at 4:30am, and to read the street sign ahead of me.

You guys have no idea how fortunate you are that Ford didnt let Lincoln's design team have lunch with the T-Bird design team!

Sad but so true. My MKVIII is unsafe at night.
post #12 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-31-2004, 10:45 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Blackicelsc

My lights are wayyyy worse then yours; I can put my imaginary money on that!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the TCCoA Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in