Pwr. Windows Problem - TCCoA Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-29-2004, 01:41 PM Thread Starter

Pwr. Windows Problem

Ok, my 95 SC has 54K miles on it. I just got the car and the windows won't go down. I've heard switches, wiring could be the problem cause when you hit the switch it clicks and there is no noise or anything that would suggest the motor was bad ? ? ? Also when you click the switch, you can see the headlights dim (@ night of course). It's very slight, I mean slight, but that means that the switch is drawing power doesn't it ? ? ? So does that rule out the wiring or switch as possible issues ? ? ? Any help is GREATLY APPRECIATED ! ! ! ! !
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-29-2004, 01:57 PM
Seasoned PostWhore

i would make sure you have powe r going to the motors. but i shoudlliek the motors are bad if they dim the lights.

64 ford galaxie -FE powered beast!- sleeping giant
69 cougar standard- 347/c6 -efi restomod, heidts prog 4 link heavily modified front, custom strutrods boxed lowers rollerperches 620 lowering springs! meier shock tower brace
96 f150 supercab lifted beast! 351 powered beast
87 shasta roadmaster 29ft travel trailer- pimpdaddy camping!
mn12 less!
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-29-2004, 02:04 PM Thread Starter

It's on both Windows, would both motors go bad @ the same time ? Is there a fuse I should check or anything like that first maybe?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-30-2004, 01:37 PM Thread Starter

Ok, we tested the wiring to the motor and that works good as do the switches. So is it bad motors on BOTH sides ? ? ? It just seems kinda weird that both would be dead at the same time ? ? ?
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-30-2004, 02:36 PM
Seasoned PostWhore

maybe you just need to lube up the tracks.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-01-2004, 10:22 PM Thread Starter

Ok, I was on my way to school today and accidentally hit the switch w/ my arm and the drivers side worked ! ! ! It looks like the window is off track by the way it rolled down, could that cause the window to not work period ? ? ? After I got outta class, it doesn't work now , could they both just be off track you think?
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-02-2004, 07:35 AM
Hag

Can you hear the motors spinning? If so the plastic spiny thingy is wore out and you need new motors @ around $76 each.... unless you purchase them from Ford @ $200 each. ( Don't attempt a rebuild kit unless your in prison with tons of free time )

If you can't hear the motor spinning have someone push the switch down and with the door open firmly grab both sides of the glass and push down ( it may take some effort to get the window to go down, depending on how bad the motor is: BE CAREFUL NOT TO BREAK YOUR GLASS. I doubt you will the windows are VERY strong but had to warn you ). If the window goes down, motors bad, buy new one. If window will not go down, remove door panel, get a flashlight and verify the mechanical components look like everything is correct ( DO NOT PUT ANYTHING IN THROUGH THE DOOR JAMBS THAT YOU DONT MIND HAVING RIPPED/CRUSHED )

Hag

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the TCCoA Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in