Dam Chevy trucks - TCCoA Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-20-2004, 11:50 AM Thread Starter
4th Gear Poster

Dam Chevy trucks

Well it finally happened. My cat got "blessed" by a New Orleans No Driver. Dude in a Chevy truck was pulling out of his stall and pulled my front bumper off the car, also broke out the Drivers side turnsignal. Best of all No insurance on his part.
I really don't want to hit my Ins. CO. with the claim since my rates are pretty high anyway.
SO I have several options.
1: 96-97 conversion
2: Back to stock
3: T-Bird bumper conversion(since the 94-95 T-bird bumper is better looking than the Cougar bumper-IMHO)

What I want to know is if there is anyone in the NOLA area with stock parts since I have cash.
What's needed for the 96/97 conversion(ie hood, lights,bumper, fenders etc...)
Whats needed for the T-bird conversion(ie hood, lights,bumper)
Thanks in advance

PS the chevy had about 3000 in damges it caved the whole bed in on the passenger side.

No matter how good she looks. No matter how cool she is about your "stuff". No matter how great she is in bed, someone somewhere is sick of her crap.

1995 850R with 18T, 3" downpipe, R.I.P. kit, ported intake,42lb injectors, N/A cams, 960 throttlebody, Rica tune(15psi in first and second 17psi in third and fourth). Bilsteins all around, V70R caliper and rotor upgrade, total lack of traction. IPD STB, Ultra Racing lower braces and RSTB.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-20-2004, 08:10 PM
Awaiting E-Mail Confirmation

Sorry to hear about the bum deal.
Is there some reason that you are paying to have your car fixed? You should sue him. There is no reason that you should have to pay for his mistake, whether he has insurance or not.
As far as which bumper to go with... that's a hard call. I guess if you have to replace the bumper cover anyway, you might as well put on the style that you like best. I actually like the 94-95 the least. I'm not saying I hate it, it's just not as good as the other two styles, even though that's what I have. I can never make up my mind which bumper I like better, 93 or 96. I like the "intake thingys" on the older T-birds, but I like the headlights on the 96-97.
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-21-2004, 07:15 AM
4th Gear Poster

Question

PaddyCake:
Does your state require insurance? If so, tell the guy to come up with the cash or turn him in to have his drivers liscence pulled and then sue him. I know here in Ohio, they will not reinstate your DL until the clown has made good on the damages to the other guy's vehicle.

Tinman:
Well, I am planning on keeping my 94 style bumper since I already have two sets of aftermarket lights in the left & right "fog light/air scope openings". I dislike the factory style headlights & turn signals & will be switching over to the 96/97 with clear corners. This will require me to replace the hood. I am trying to find a GOOD quality hood manufacturer for a 96/97 that has the raised Cobra style with the 2 inlets.

Any body know where I can find one?

Last edited by doug; 11-21-2004 at 07:21 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-21-2004, 08:01 AM
Dim Bulb

Send a message via AIM to Falcon5783 Send a message via MSN to Falcon5783 Send a message via Yahoo to Falcon5783
Oh dude, if someone hit my car and I found out they were uninsured I'd go ballistic. I definately agree you should seek damages from him, report the accident, sue, go for cash, etc. Whatever you do, don't let yourself get hosed cause he's a bum who can't pay insurance. Hope things work out for ya

+1

Elliot
'95 who-the-hell-knows-what in progress
2003 Mustang Cobra radiator, 180* T-stat, Hayden Ultra-cool auxiliary transmission cooler, 13" slotted/cross-drilled front rotors, Dual-Piston PBR calipers Powder Coated Red w/ black logo, 17" 7-spoke Chrome Motegis, JVC Arsenal 5000 HU with touch screen, Kappa 5x7's, Audiobahn 12 pushing 550 rms, FF50 driving lights, FF75 fog lights, xenon 95 air dam, 97 side skirts, rear window tbird decal
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-21-2004, 10:23 AM Thread Starter
4th Gear Poster

heres the kicker since the accident happened on privaite property the cops won't come out and file a report.
W/O a report my insurance won't pay, the guy didn't have a DL anyway so I don't think he cares about loosing it again. Oh yah and The lawers down here that I have talked to won't touch it w/o a police report.
Yah if I had a choice I'd sue the crap out of him but I dont.

No matter how good she looks. No matter how cool she is about your "stuff". No matter how great she is in bed, someone somewhere is sick of her crap.

1995 850R with 18T, 3" downpipe, R.I.P. kit, ported intake,42lb injectors, N/A cams, 960 throttlebody, Rica tune(15psi in first and second 17psi in third and fourth). Bilsteins all around, V70R caliper and rotor upgrade, total lack of traction. IPD STB, Ultra Racing lower braces and RSTB.
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-21-2004, 06:22 PM
Dim Bulb

Send a message via AIM to Falcon5783 Send a message via MSN to Falcon5783 Send a message via Yahoo to Falcon5783
OMG, that totally sucks!! If that's the case, I don't suppose a bat would change his mind? Or maybe send it to a bounty hunter... hehehehe

+1

Elliot
'95 who-the-hell-knows-what in progress
2003 Mustang Cobra radiator, 180* T-stat, Hayden Ultra-cool auxiliary transmission cooler, 13" slotted/cross-drilled front rotors, Dual-Piston PBR calipers Powder Coated Red w/ black logo, 17" 7-spoke Chrome Motegis, JVC Arsenal 5000 HU with touch screen, Kappa 5x7's, Audiobahn 12 pushing 550 rms, FF50 driving lights, FF75 fog lights, xenon 95 air dam, 97 side skirts, rear window tbird decal
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-21-2004, 07:59 PM
3rd Gear Poster

Send a message via AIM to thebigslide
If he doesn't have a license, he gets to go to jail. While he's in jail, you can have your way with his wife/gf/older daughter. Everyone wins!

But seriously, what kind of private property was this? Go to the police station and tell them you'd like to report and accident involving another driver that had no insurance and no license. They'll listen then.

Primer is lighter than basecoat/clearcoat... besides, going fast IS looking good.

Anyone want parts. I got BBQ'd
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-21-2004, 08:34 PM
PostWhore

Send a message via AIM to Kentwood
Quote:
Originally posted by thebigslide
If he doesn't have a license, he gets to go to jail. While he's in jail, you can have your way with his wife/gf/older daughter. Everyone wins!

But seriously, what kind of private property was this? Go to the police station and tell them you'd like to report and accident involving another driver that had no insurance and no license. They'll listen then.
It's the NOPD, he's right they ain't gonna do ****.

Sucks man, if you need help fixin her gimmee a shout

Live in Louisiana? - Check out the LA Chapter forum!
http://forums.tccoa.com/forumdisplay.php?forumid=78
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-22-2004, 04:32 PM Thread Starter
4th Gear Poster

Shout really I'm looking for a stock bumper cover now and if you have a spare drivers side turnsignal assembly you'll be 15 bucks richer.

post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-30-2004, 01:13 PM

Hey sorry to bring this up 8 days later, but I'm down here in New Orleans and I know what you are talking about N.O.P.D. = Not Our Problem Dude, atleast that's what I always here. I've got a pair of stock front corner lights you can have free of charge. Not much else, but if you need help putting it back together let me know.
post #11 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-30-2004, 01:59 PM
PostWhore

Send a message via AIM to Kentwood
Quote:
Originally posted by Paddycake
Shout really I'm looking for a stock bumper cover now and if you have a spare drivers side turnsignal assembly you'll be 15 bucks richer.
The junk yard in port allen (Right outside of BR)

has a few cougies with bumper covers

Live in Louisiana? - Check out the LA Chapter forum!
http://forums.tccoa.com/forumdisplay.php?forumid=78

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the TCCoA Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in