headlights out - TCCoA Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-22-2004, 02:54 PM Thread Starter

headlights out

on saturday after our little gettogether at rick's i was heading home from hooters using my highbeams cuz my low beams were not working at all. i checked today on everything i could but nothing showed up. all the fuses are fine the bulbs are good and the wires look good at least from the top. does anyone have any ideas y they dont work? the turn signals work and the high beams work but not my lows. i think i got flashed maybe 300 times in the past 2 days to turn off my high's. get's sorta annoying. please help!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-23-2004, 04:28 PM
Seasoned PostWhore

Send a message via AIM to ben_cline Send a message via MSN to ben_cline Send a message via Yahoo to ben_cline
MFS. Common problem.

Benjamin' 07/30/82 Christian MySpace CarDomain
Celica and Chevy 1500 are sold for parts. Now I'm left with the broken Buick and my '98 Dakota.
Bedroom: Pioneer VSX23, DefTech BP6s (front) ProCenter 2000, Mirage Omni 350s, 10" Kicker L7 pushed by PExpress plate amp, XBox 360, PS3, 50" LG 3D plasma.
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-23-2004, 09:16 PM Thread Starter

ok so the multifunction switch sounds like the obvious culprate. sorry bout the not searching part was in a hurry when i typed it. new question how do i locate and replace the switch? i'm just trying to figure out where it is. i can probably put it in no prob. the harness seems fine to me.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-24-2004, 01:05 PM
Seasoned PostWhore

Send a message via AIM to ben_cline Send a message via MSN to ben_cline Send a message via Yahoo to ben_cline
Either get one at the dealer (better option) or get one from a junk car (ask racecougar). It's the turn signal switch. Take off panels around the steering column. Remove a few screws. Switch pulls off. Do reverse of steps.

Probably cost you $20+ for used. I'm not sure about new, but it shouldn't be more than $50, though some stealerships have asked like $100+. You could look up Dan Newman (do a search, you'll find info) and he should be able to get you what you want easily.

Celica and Chevy 1500 are sold for parts. Now I'm left with the broken Buick and my '98 Dakota.
Bedroom: Pioneer VSX23, DefTech BP6s (front) ProCenter 2000, Mirage Omni 350s, 10" Kicker L7 pushed by PExpress plate amp, XBox 360, PS3, 50" LG 3D plasma.
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-24-2004, 02:39 PM Thread Starter

ok cool, i'll try and find a used one instead of brand new cuz i dont think i really need it to be spankin new. thanx for the help
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-24-2004, 02:47 PM
Seasoned PostWhore

Thing about used ones is, the one I got was for the auto-dimming lights, so the high beams doesn't work. Also, sometimes they're already going bad or are bad before you get one, so a new one would be best. I think someone said a new one might be around $35.

post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-24-2004, 03:00 PM Thread Starter

oh ok well then that's not too bad then. i was hearing from my auto shop teacher that it was gonna be pricey. so i can live with 35 easily.
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-24-2004, 03:32 PM
Seasoned PostWhore

Ya. Just make sure they know what you need. And don't let them sell you more than you need. You may want to add in some relays so you don't put so much stress on the elecrical components. Cost is about $12 to do everything yourself, and then you don't have to worry about burning another MFS up.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the TCCoA Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in