bumpers---what fits? - TCCoA Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 10-08-2002, 12:21 PM Thread Starter

bumpers---what fits?

Ok guys, I have as 1991 cougar and need to replace my front bumper. Will the bumpers off of a supercoupe bolt up directly to my car or will I have to modify it in any way. The supersoupe bumpers are my first choice. Next, if the SC bumpers dont work could I bolt up a bumper off of a later model T-bird or cougar or do the have a different bolt pattern?

thanks

CanadianCat
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 10-08-2002, 02:55 PM
13's or Mildly Broken

I believe all body parts are interchangeable between the T-Bird and Cougar, whether it's bumpers, doors, or fenders. The only concern you may have is the body lines won't match and flow right. Other than that, they should bolt up. Even a T-Bird SC bumper on a Cougar.

-Andy "Melon"
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 10-08-2002, 06:55 PM

yep, all mn12 tbirds and cougars have the exact same fenders all years. so that means all bolts are the same shizzznat. however, i belive you might have to do some modifing of the bmper up top to accodate for lights, nto too sure on that. but i dont think anyone has put a sc bumper on the fron of a cat yet, i could be wrong tho. and if you go witht eh sc front, you might wanna get the sc sides and maybe even a sc rear (and just fill in the tbird sc embosment). thatd be one nice looking cat. luckily you got a 91 and not a 89 - 90, those frontends are fugly. -greg
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 10-09-2002, 12:18 AM
6th Gear Poster

Send a message via AIM to Alex
If you try putting a bumper on off of a Tbird, you will have complications. Sure, it'll bolt right on, but you gotta keep in mind that your grille goes below the headlights, meaning you'll have you modify the middle of the bumper for the grille to fit. you can just plain cut a piece of your bumper, but your grille will look funny.

1991 Mercury Cougar LS (Dead)
1989 Ford Probe LX (Dead)
1989 Ford Taurus SHO (Sold)
1994 Ford Taurus SHO (Dead)
1994 Ford Taurus SHO (Weekend Cruiser)
1999 Honda Accord EX (Daily Driver)
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 10-09-2002, 09:21 AM

if he really wants to get into it, he can just swap over to a bird font end. like have a mach 1 hood or something that he likes from abird and get bird lights so everything i good with the bumper... but youre talking some cash there.. -greg

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the TCCoA Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in