Headlight aiming problems - TCCoA Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-02-2005, 11:56 AM Thread Starter

Headlight aiming problems

Guys iv done a search on this but i thought i would ask. Iv noticed that on my drivers side headlight i cannot aim it like i can with my passenger side. The problem i am having is when i adjust the left to right it hits the aftermarket clear corners, but on the other side it works perfectly. anyone have this problem with there cougars or tbirds. Iv made sure that theres nothing bent in there measured in a few places and its good. I'm at a stop here i cannot figure this out. Ill try to get some pics take to show you what i mean.
I added the pics its kinda hard to see because of the POS camera we have here but anyways if you look at the ones that i took from the top the L to R adjustment is totally different on each side. Did i adjust this wrong or something here??

Last edited by Mattscoug94; 01-02-2005 at 01:37 PM. Reason: added pics
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-02-2005, 01:33 PM
6th Gear Poster

it can be your header panel. mine is broken so on the drivers side the corner is kind of far from the headlight

95 mark 8 lsc
95 tbird v8
90 mustang gt
92 mustang gt
07 silverado v8
08 yamaha r6
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-02-2005, 02:03 PM Thread Starter

Well i checked and it doesnt look bent or broken i'm totally at a loss here
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-02-2005, 02:18 PM Thread Starter

Hey one thing i was wondering sitting here are the adjustment bolts for the side to side and up and down pretty much the same on both sides??
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-02-2005, 03:03 PM
PostWhore

This might sound a little silly, but when I first got my T'bird,I needed to adjust mine too. I had a similar problem. Turns out what I thougt adjusted the up + down was actually for the side-side, and viceversa. So I put them back about where they were, waited till dark and found a nice dark wall behind a mall to shine my lights on to adjust them. Once I figured it out, it was a breeze!!! I hope this helps!!
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-02-2005, 03:21 PM Thread Starter

Ya ill take a look at that thanks. BTW is it hard to remove those adjusters?? I was looking at them before.
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-02-2005, 04:14 PM
PostWhore

I just went out to take a quick look. It looks like that the screw is actually apart of the composite lense. The grommet? that the screw threads thru is held in place by a metal clip that holds it in position in the grille opening reinforcement ( that's the black plastic piece that runs behind the grill accross the front that is holding it ). The clip has two small holes at the bottom on each side, and an angles tang on top. It appears that if you can squeeze it at the bottom, you can pull the clip up with a pair of pliers. Once you remove all the clips 3 or 4?, you should be able to remove the entire headlight assembly. I hope it's that simple? ( I'm a chicken pecker on the keyboard, so it takes a while to reply!! ) Good luck!!!
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-02-2005, 05:22 PM Thread Starter

alright i got done messing with it and no luck. This is totally pissing me off
While i'm writing this response i might as well confirm the bottom adjustment moves it up and down and the top adjustment on the corner of the headlight makes it move L to R.
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-02-2005, 07:31 PM
PostWhore

Smile

Until you can compare your left to right headlight aiming, you'll have a headache. Find a dark wall at night and play with it. It may be possable that it was hit in the front end and the people who repaired the car didn't get the body panels aligned, or something else like the radiator support may not be straight, It may look straight, but thats all they need to do to get paid!! Also remember, you added aftermarket corners. They may not be flush either, and that could be because something is not true. Are you specifically having an aiming problem, or is it that they just aren't flush? Take it easy, use the process of elimination. If you can't find what it is, find what it is not. And look for the improbable when logic fails. Good Luck!!!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the TCCoA Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in