Headlights question - TCCoA Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 21 (permalink) Old 01-11-2005, 06:00 PM Thread Starter

Headlights question

I am not too much "in to know" when it comes to cars, but what exactley are clear corner headlights? is that the type of headlights, when coming at you, that are blue or bright white? or is that a special bulb? if so, where can you buy the bulb?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 21 (permalink) Old 01-11-2005, 06:12 PM
4th Gear Poster

They are called clear corner lights. They are located right beside your headlights. Or you can call them signal flasher or blinkers.........In our cars they are amber and have a clear bulb. You can replace them with clear lenses and then insert a amber bulb in them to make it legal. Those other lights that look blueish are HID's or xenon's, or a cheap tinted halogen bulb.
post #3 of 21 (permalink) Old 01-11-2005, 06:18 PM
Banned

the lens are still the same and yes you can change the bulb if desired..its a 3157 bulb that fits in these suckers..the reflective part or the corner is clear..instead of amber..still legal in all states as long as your corner lights glow amber..sylvania has a bulb called silverstars that are a chamleon blue color to it but glow amber..its a trip!..but its more than $20 for a pair..

and here is the bulb

hope that helps..

-Mike
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 21 (permalink) Old 01-11-2005, 06:23 PM
PostWhore

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwamo
I am not too much "in to know" when it comes to cars, but what exactley are clear corner headlights? is that the type of headlights, when coming at you, that are blue or bright white? or is that a special bulb? if so, where can you buy the bulb?
i've got some of those clear corner lights off my '95. looking to trade for the stock amber corners since i'm, selling the '95. I figure someone on these forums would put them to good use or would like them instead of the amber's. by the way, i've had them with regular white bulbs here in california for at least 2 years, and no problems with cops not allowing them! any interest, let me know.
post #5 of 21 (permalink) Old 01-11-2005, 06:51 PM
Banned

well lucky you...my neighbor is a detective for the LAPD and EVERYtime i do something to my car he comes by and tells me that its legal or not..funny..he used to babysit me when i was like 5 so 15 years later he still picks on me..heheh..

when i got the red led underbody system: "nope take it off...or dont let me see it"
when i got my exhuast: ..."nice where can i get one?"..
when i got my silverstar headlights: "very nice..dont look blue to me"
when i got my windows tinted: *sigh*.."$5 says u get a ticket tomorrow"..
when i put silverstar corner lights: "WHOA!!..there blue!!...but light up amber?"

hes a great guy and theres been ALOT ALOT ALOT of moments like that!.

lol

-Mike
post #6 of 21 (permalink) Old 01-11-2005, 07:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by porkchop2oo2
the reflective part or the corner is clear..instead of amber..still legal in all states as long as your corner lights glow amber
Not in Hawaii. See we got this pain in the *** thing called re-con. Any modification from stock is cause to get a re-con sticker. The P.D. over here are trained to spot aftermarket items and will write a re-con ticket depending on the mod and the type of car (yes I know they're wrong for this but in Honolulu there's been too many street racing related deaths so they're strict with rice burners). State law here states that no matter what corner/tailight configuration you have there must be an amber reflector on the fron and a red reflector on the rear. Clear corners are legal, but in order to pass re-con you need to affix the required reflectors on to your vehicle. I just go to Wal-Mart and buy those small round amber and red reflectors with two way tape and stick it to my fender and quarter panel next to the lights to pass re-con (seems stupid but it works).

Just a lil' insight on the messed up laws in Hawaii. I can't even get a safety check with my exhaust if I don't have re-con...
post #7 of 21 (permalink) Old 01-11-2005, 08:28 PM
Banned

wow you poor poor poor man...must suck to live there..

well better than cali emmisions!!..

-Mike
post #8 of 21 (permalink) Old 01-11-2005, 09:10 PM
PostWhore

thats worse than cali emissions man, i have clear corners, with silverstar bulbs in them, i drive by cops everyday, they never bother me. Having to get a re-con for anything is lame. And porkchop how did u get away with true duals, and hi-flow cats in california?!

2007 White Ford Focus SE ZX3 Hatchback (The new driver)
1997 Alpine Green 4.6L Bird (SOLD!)

Mods:
Removed Air silencer, Clear Corners, Silverstar headlights and corner lights, Moroso Bluemax Spiral Core wires, Custom 3" Magnaflow exhaust with 2.5" Y-Pipe, 300-450 HP J-mod Kit by dirtyd0g , Hayden 30k GVWR Trans Cooler, Sport Front Suspension, 03-04 Cobra Rear Shocks, PBR Front Brake Swap, Xcal 2 by Lonnie @ Blueovalchips.com, 22C plugs, 180F T-stat, 02GT MAF/Airbox with K&N Drop in, Griffin Radiator, Cobra Water Pump
post #9 of 21 (permalink) Old 01-11-2005, 10:04 PM
Banned

ehh..not that hard....jus find the right shop..

alot of emission places here jus place the metal thingy inside your muffler tips..

why wouldnt you pass with new high flow cats?..all you have to to is weld the o2 sensors in the same spots and your car should be fine..

just break your cats...have them inspected..get a certificate sayin you need new cats..buy high flow ones..have a shop put them on..have them sign something saying you got your cats fixed..

you cant touch your cats unless they are broken...so break them

IF you want to risk it..

-Mike
post #10 of 21 (permalink) Old 01-11-2005, 10:38 PM
PostWhore

Quote:
ehh..not that hard....jus find the right shop..

alot of emission places here jus place the metal thingy inside your muffler tips..

why wouldnt you pass with new high flow cats?..all you have to to is weld the o2 sensors in the same spots and your car should be fine..

just break your cats...have them inspected..get a certificate sayin you need new cats..buy high flow ones..have a shop put them on..have them sign something saying you got your cats fixed..

you cant touch your cats unless they are broken...so break them

IF you want to risk it..

-Mike
One problem with that logic porkchop. No aftermarket cats are legal for use in our cars. Places have been busted for installing non CARB Cats on cars here.

2007 White Ford Focus SE ZX3 Hatchback (The new driver)
1997 Alpine Green 4.6L Bird (SOLD!)

Mods:
Removed Air silencer, Clear Corners, Silverstar headlights and corner lights, Moroso Bluemax Spiral Core wires, Custom 3" Magnaflow exhaust with 2.5" Y-Pipe, 300-450 HP J-mod Kit by dirtyd0g , Hayden 30k GVWR Trans Cooler, Sport Front Suspension, 03-04 Cobra Rear Shocks, PBR Front Brake Swap, Xcal 2 by Lonnie @ Blueovalchips.com, 22C plugs, 180F T-stat, 02GT MAF/Airbox with K&N Drop in, Griffin Radiator, Cobra Water Pump
post #11 of 21 (permalink) Old 01-12-2005, 12:30 AM
Banned

like i said some shops are cool and some arent..i told the guy that they didnt make cats for my year anymore so i had to get a "universal" fit cat..which i got from magnaflow..so then i gave it to them adn they put them on..signed some form and put info on the computer..my car passed the smog check so they assumed the cats were alright to put on..that was the shops logic..

went to AAA like 20 minutes later to pay for new tags and they had the info saying i got new cats and and that i passed smog check...well they send the info to the dmv but since AAA can link with them its all good..

got to know how to work the system...some shops arent stupid seeing how they dont want to pay the 100g fine for illegal cats...o wells..

-Mike
post #12 of 21 (permalink) Old 01-12-2005, 01:54 AM
PostWhore

Quote:
like i said some shops are cool and some arent..i told the guy that they didnt make cats for my year anymore so i had to get a "universal" fit cat..which i got from magnaflow..so then i gave it to them adn they put them on..signed some form and put info on the computer..my car passed the smog check so they assumed the cats were alright to put on..that was the shops logic..

went to AAA like 20 minutes later to pay for new tags and they had the info saying i got new cats and and that i passed smog check...well they send the info to the dmv but since AAA can link with them its all good..

got to know how to work the system...some shops arent stupid seeing how they dont want to pay the 100g fine for illegal cats...o wells..

-Mike

i'm gonna turn you in....... :lol: ..........being that i work for aaa insurance...........
post #13 of 21 (permalink) Old 01-12-2005, 02:02 AM
Banned

awww son of a bizatch...

well...ummm...i was messin....uhhh...

i love you?

-Mike
post #14 of 21 (permalink) Old 01-12-2005, 03:14 AM
Full Metal

Send a message via AIM to RedThunder94 Send a message via Yahoo to RedThunder94
ha, ha, busted, lol, anyways, how did this thread go from a headlight question to an exhaust related topic, talk about a hijack, lol, any ways, what shape do the corner lamps have to be in to swap for your clear corners 95dirtybird? you can use any 89-95 corner lights, wanna trade? definately interested, i call dibs.....

Smash Forehead on Keyboard to Continue....

2004 Mercury Grand Marquis GS
Pioneer DEH-P6000UB Infinity 2 way 6x8's, and Eclipse 5x7 3 ways, Fultron Tweets, Infinity 1211A, Alpine SWR-1222D Type-R 12.

1999 VW New Beetle SOLD!

1990 F150 Lariat Xlt 4.9L std cab longbed, E4OD, Work Truck.

1994 F150 XL 5.0L 4R70W Current Project.

Member of the MN12Online posse.

click here to check 'em out.
post #15 of 21 (permalink) Old 01-12-2005, 01:35 PM
PostWhore

Quote:
Originally Posted by chorizon
ha, ha, busted, lol, anyways, how did this thread go from a headlight question to an exhaust related topic, talk about a hijack, lol, any ways, what shape do the corner lamps have to be in to swap for your clear corners 95dirtybird? you can use any 89-95 corner lights, wanna trade? definately interested, i call dibs.....
CHORIZON.............corners need to be brand new from the factory oem! ha ha j/k, nah man, just decent, don't really care, i'm selling her, so the new owner wouldn't notice anyway that I used to have clears! So, let's do this. I would need you to send me yours first if u can. My '96 is having the intake swapped and many other little projects done as we speak, so my daily driver is the '95. Once here, I can immediately swap them and ship back the clears same night! Let me know.........

Last edited by 95dirtybird; 01-12-2005 at 01:48 PM.
post #16 of 21 (permalink) Old 01-12-2005, 01:37 PM
PostWhore

Quote:
awww son of a bizatch...

well...ummm...i was messin....uhhh...

i love you?

-Mike
Mikey............well.................... ...................ok, I luv u 2 !!!!
post #17 of 21 (permalink) Old 01-12-2005, 03:34 PM
Banned

theres that cali love...

i cheated the dmv not AAA i swear

-Mike
post #18 of 21 (permalink) Old 01-12-2005, 04:20 PM
PostWhore

in that case ......... ha ha , serves them right for screwing us over all day everyday!
post #19 of 21 (permalink) Old 01-12-2005, 10:51 PM
Full Metal

Send a message via AIM to RedThunder94 Send a message via Yahoo to RedThunder94
Quote:
Originally Posted by 95dirtybird
CHORIZON.............corners need to be brand new from the factory oem! ha ha j/k, nah man, just decent, don't really care, i'm selling her, so the new owner wouldn't notice anyway that I used to have clears! So, let's do this. I would need you to send me yours first if u can. My '96 is having the intake swapped and many other little projects done as we speak, so my daily driver is the '95. Once here, I can immediately swap them and ship back the clears same night! Let me know.........
deal! pm me your address, and i'll send them your way, express lol, i got some headlight covers so i'll just leave the bulbs loose behind the the covers, later'z.......

Smash Forehead on Keyboard to Continue....

2004 Mercury Grand Marquis GS
Pioneer DEH-P6000UB Infinity 2 way 6x8's, and Eclipse 5x7 3 ways, Fultron Tweets, Infinity 1211A, Alpine SWR-1222D Type-R 12.

1999 VW New Beetle SOLD!

1990 F150 Lariat Xlt 4.9L std cab longbed, E4OD, Work Truck.

1994 F150 XL 5.0L 4R70W Current Project.

Member of the MN12Online posse.

click here to check 'em out.
post #20 of 21 (permalink) Old 01-12-2005, 11:10 PM
3rd Gear Poster

sorry

i feel bad for all of you i run no cats and pipes out the side i live in mn no emmis or noise well some times noise tickets but thats it
post #21 of 21 (permalink) Old 01-12-2005, 11:27 PM
Who is John Galt?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 94blubird
i feel bad for all of you i run no cats and pipes out the side i live in mn no emmis or noise well some times noise tickets but thats it
same in IL and IN

"Won't work, can't be done"

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the TCCoA Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in