lighting question - TCCoA Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 02-02-2005, 10:41 AM Thread Starter
Who is John Galt?

lighting question

I'm planning on getting some drving/fog lights, and I wanted some input. I've got it narrowed down to 2 options.

Option #1: Hella FF75

Option #2: Hella Optilux 2020

I originally wanted the 2020's, but I've since reconsidered the FF75's because I wanted to use the SC switch. However, If I go with the 2020's, I'll have the best of both worlds (driving and fog lights). I do a lot of driving in the country too, si I was considering driving lights as well.

Basically, it all boils down to which would be the better lights (brighter, distance, etc)?

"Won't work, can't be done"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 02-02-2005, 02:16 PM
$.25 poster

Send a message via AIM to AlpineBird
i just made the same decision for myself. I was pretty confused which ones to get becuase the 2020s do both, but the FF75s get so much praise. So i talked to scott and he told me that the 2020s are made by optilux which was bought out by Hella and the FF75 is an all Hella made product. Also the 2020s use an H3 bulb and the FF75 uses an H7 bulb which from i understand is a better bulb. I went with the FF75s becuase my silverstar high beams are bright enough so i dont need anymore outward lighting.

My ff75s acutally just got here today and they seem to be a very quality product, they have a glass lens too.

good luck

'96 Alpine Bird 281ci
- Clear Corners
- DynoMax Cat-Back
- Purchased with 36,000 miles, now at 101k
- No mods planned untill it's DD life is over

1998 5.9 Limited Grand Cherokee
- Flowmaster Exhaust
- AEM Brute Force Intake
- Mopar Performance ECU

- 275hp-395ft/lbs at the crank (est.) Track results in the spring!!!
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 02-03-2005, 02:14 AM
Dim Bulb

Send a message via AIM to Falcon5783 Send a message via MSN to Falcon5783 Send a message via Yahoo to Falcon5783
If you want the FF75s, I know you can get them from Scott (KornHaus) for about $50 plus shipping, in either fog or driving light beams. On ebay, good luck finding fog lights, but you can usually find driving lights for about $40. Fog lights have a short wide beam pattern that stays low. Driving lights are a narrow long beam, to illuminate the road far ahead. Fogs are considered like low beam, drivings are considered like high beams.

+1

Elliot
'95 who-the-hell-knows-what in progress
2003 Mustang Cobra radiator, 180* T-stat, Hayden Ultra-cool auxiliary transmission cooler, 13" slotted/cross-drilled front rotors, Dual-Piston PBR calipers Powder Coated Red w/ black logo, 17" 7-spoke Chrome Motegis, JVC Arsenal 5000 HU with touch screen, Kappa 5x7's, Audiobahn 12 pushing 550 rms, FF50 driving lights, FF75 fog lights, xenon 95 air dam, 97 side skirts, rear window tbird decal
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 02-03-2005, 03:53 AM
Banned

orr.....you can buy them off someone that ordered the wrong part number..lol

-Mike

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the TCCoA Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in