Best $35 EVER spent! - TCCoA Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-07-2005, 03:59 AM Thread Starter
Dim Bulb

Send a message via AIM to Falcon5783 Send a message via MSN to Falcon5783 Send a message via Yahoo to Falcon5783
Best $35 EVER spent!

Hoooooooooooooooooooooly crap... I talked a guy locally down to $35 for a set of Hella FF50 driving lights, and they are by FAR the BEST thing I have ever spent $ on for my bird. I cannot even begin to describe how sweet these things are. I hooked em up to my running lights, relayed & switched... aimed em behind the grocery store a few times to get the beam right, then out for a test drive without the bumper cover on. To give you a clue as to how awesome these are, I didn't even NEED my headlights on while driving (all the roads were empty). Even after putting the bumper cover back on and the lights being recessed, on another test drive about 95% of the light was still on the road. SO, props to Hella for an EXCELLENT product, I would HIGHLY recommend them to anyone with a few bucks to burn or wanting more light from their car.

Just a pic from the front with the bumper cover removed... I'll post some pics from the interior looking forward in the next few days

+1

Elliot
'95 who-the-hell-knows-what in progress
2003 Mustang Cobra radiator, 180* T-stat, Hayden Ultra-cool auxiliary transmission cooler, 13" slotted/cross-drilled front rotors, Dual-Piston PBR calipers Powder Coated Red w/ black logo, 17" 7-spoke Chrome Motegis, JVC Arsenal 5000 HU with touch screen, Kappa 5x7's, Audiobahn 12 pushing 550 rms, FF50 driving lights, FF75 fog lights, xenon 95 air dam, 97 side skirts, rear window tbird decal
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-07-2005, 09:27 AM
Trumpeter Extraordinaire

Congrats on that installation.

I installed driving lights in 7/2003, and was very impressed by how well the road was illuminated. Someday, I'll figure out how to rewire them so that they are not on an "Always Hot" circuit!
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-07-2005, 03:20 PM
$.25 poster

Send a message via AIM to AlpineBird
I purchased a set of FF75 fog lights and i am very anxious to put them on, but its just too damn cold!!

Falcon, they look good

'96 Alpine Bird 281ci
- Clear Corners
- DynoMax Cat-Back
- Purchased with 36,000 miles, now at 101k
- No mods planned untill it's DD life is over

1998 5.9 Limited Grand Cherokee
- Flowmaster Exhaust
- AEM Brute Force Intake
- Mopar Performance ECU

- 275hp-395ft/lbs at the crank (est.) Track results in the spring!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-07-2005, 03:31 PM

Send a message via AIM to JustinH
nice, i have a set sitting here for the truck, can't wait to get them on.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-08-2005, 03:46 AM Thread Starter
Dim Bulb

Send a message via AIM to Falcon5783 Send a message via MSN to Falcon5783 Send a message via Yahoo to Falcon5783
Thanks guys. I'm absolutely loving these lights... I've wanted to get out and drive at night so bad the last few nights it's almost rediculous.
Iron - just take your signal line for your relay and move it to one of the two inner most running lights on your car, and no problemo . Either that or find the high beam wire for your headlights and move it there.
Alpine - I started working during the afternoon and because I'm nit picky I made like 3 trips to the auto parts store, one trip to the hardware store, have 3 debit card receipts (all under $10)... I ended up finishing my second test drive and cleaning up at like 12:30 am in about 37 degree weather, haha
Justin - Do it and don't look back!

a few more pics, and these really don't do the lights justice compared to on the road
Low Beams
driving lights

+1

Elliot
'95 who-the-hell-knows-what in progress
2003 Mustang Cobra radiator, 180* T-stat, Hayden Ultra-cool auxiliary transmission cooler, 13" slotted/cross-drilled front rotors, Dual-Piston PBR calipers Powder Coated Red w/ black logo, 17" 7-spoke Chrome Motegis, JVC Arsenal 5000 HU with touch screen, Kappa 5x7's, Audiobahn 12 pushing 550 rms, FF50 driving lights, FF75 fog lights, xenon 95 air dam, 97 side skirts, rear window tbird decal

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the TCCoA Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in