CF Hood - TCCoA Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-10-2005, 02:28 PM Thread Starter
4th Gear Poster

CF Hood

anybody know the availability on a CF hood for a mn12? i called the guy that suppossedlyl knows someone who can do it, but i havent gotten a return call...the only reason i ask is today my legendary cobra r hood flew up on me and destroyed the hood my windsheild and wipers..... i was doin 80 on westbound 90 when the happenned - it got torn off... stupiddd air!.... mayn i was madddd oh well any help is appreciated...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-10-2005, 02:50 PM

this is currently in the works:

smooth cowl hood 96/97

if you read through the mess, there are possible plans of a cF hood after the intial glass hood is made.

~next time don't forget the hood pins.
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-11-2005, 03:02 AM Thread Starter
4th Gear Poster

cool

i know it is quite a mess but i was wondering what the status is as of the moment... is he still taking orders? have people gotten their hoods yet... i live near the addison IL area... i almost want to visit... but no carbon fiber cobra r hood huh.... just a warmed over 3 inch cowl version of the stock hood....i guesss i could live with that... by the way ive called the number for legendary and i didnt get though.... did their number change? i was considering getting the same hood again but placing a CF vinyl covering over it.... tell me what you think...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-11-2005, 02:26 PM
CEO, WT Club

Send a message via AIM to GODSPEED Send a message via MSN to GODSPEED
Quote:
tell me what you think...
I think that is stupid.

-Joel

Previous MN12s:
'95 Thunderbird 4.6L V8 - Performance White
Bought 01/12/08 w/ 33,000 original mi. Big plans, little execution. Sold as a fallen victim to life's happenings.
'95 Thunderbird 4.6L V8 - Performance White
Leaky shifter @ 137,441; what a good ride. Gone to the crusher, but not forgotten... moth and rust doth corrupt.

'13 Mustang GT Premium 5.0L V8, Auto, Brembo, Black - Daily Dark Horse
'11 Edge SEL AWD 3.5L V6, Loaded, Black - For the Misses
'98 F-150 XLT RegCab 8'Bed, 4.6L V8 4x4 ORP Oxford White - Work Truck

post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-11-2005, 04:07 PM

What would the point of that be? Just to have it look like carbon fiber? You'd just be adding more weight, and it probably wouldn't come out very good. Just have your hood repaired and paint it black, I guess...
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-11-2005, 04:17 PM
Braincoating! It's what all the cool kids have!

A Carbon Fibre hood on a thunderbird is a sensible as eating 3 wendy's triple burgers with fries and
ordering a diet coke.

www.BRAINCOATING.com..... Powder & Ceramic Coating

WWW.PRESTONSBOOKS.BIZ..... Books at really great prices!
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-11-2005, 04:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbirdbrain
A Carbon Fibre hood on a thunderbird is a sensible as eating 3 wendy's triple burgers with fries and
ordering a diet coke.
is that with or without the bacon?
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-11-2005, 11:47 PM
6th Gear Poster

Send a message via AIM to ECU_Q
I don' t see a problem with carbon fiber body panels. I would use them for racing purposes to help lighten the car further. I wouldn't get a carbon fiber hood just for looks though, I can do that with a Civic.
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-12-2005, 09:09 PM Thread Starter
4th Gear Poster

misunderstood

i said that i was only thinking about maybe CONSIDERING doing that CF vinyl cover i agree that itd be a bit dumb to have the carbon fiber look without the actual weight savings... however that alternative would only be a last ditch solution if i cant find a real hood... believe me i hate honda civics too as well as the whole second forthcoming of so called 4 cylinder performance mainly because of the selection of what the import crowd chooses to make fast.... econobox pieces of you know what...i respect fast supras and fast rx7s and Skylines... but i have no acknowledgement for mitsu mirages or 200sx sentras or toyota tercels.... i cant believe that the youth of the US has been consumed by this perverted affliction for slowness and i cant tolerate that... there i said it... i had to get that off my chest but to tell you my real motivation for the CF hood is that last time i weighed in with me in the car... the scale read 3900-4000 pounds... and a hood that can take weight off the heavy nose of a MN12 is definitely welcome in my book... it just so happens that the lightest hood that i know of (well so far) is made of carbon fiber.... it isnt becuase i wanna dress up my car as an import thing.... true i do enjoy some of their style and flair but i dont celebrate it all... the whale tail spoilers that curl up at the ends are a definite no way and so are the all aluminum razor thin wings on a 1 foot pedestal....or the spinner hubcap rims... thats a classic... but the best is the stickers of proclaiming what you have on youre car when in fact you DO NOT HAVE such products...a combination of these things plus a 17 second turd of a 4 cylinder car makes for a bad representation of the import culture which unfortunately i have seen all too often.... tell me im lyin!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the TCCoA Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in