Xenon Body Kit - TCCoA Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-13-2005, 05:10 PM Thread Starter
4th Gear Poster

Send a message via AIM to TbirdSims
Xenon Body Kit

Ok, ive had the bodykit for a few years now, for a while i kept the rear ground effects off cause i accidentally got the V6 one and had only one cut out. Last year i cut the other hole out, sanded it and re-painted it. Put it back on with the screws and doublesided tape, but on the sides its begining to sag down, where the tape has worn. Im going to be taking it off when it gets warmer so i can take the tape off and clean it up a bit. Is there anything else i can use besides the double sided tape to hold the kit up on the sides, there are no places to pop screws in and ive run out of ideas to keep it from sagging and looking like a chop job. the front and sides are perfect just having problems with the rear.

Hayden Trans Cooler, R2C Cold Air intake, BBK Tuned Shortie Headers, Pypes High Flow Cats, Flowmaster 40's, SCT VMP Custom Tune, 06 spinner center caps, Mach 1 Chin Spoiler, Smoked Fogs, Blackout headlight covers, 8000K HID Headlights, Sequential Tails.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-15-2005, 08:20 PM

use the same stuff that they use to holed windows in that is what my body shop did to put mine on. they never used the two way tape.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-05-2005, 02:42 PM Thread Starter
4th Gear Poster

ok what exacly will i be looking for to hold the back gfx up along with the screws is it a tape? what kind of adhesive is it? need to know it should be warming up soon and i wanna take care of it

Hayden Trans Cooler, R2C Cold Air intake, BBK Tuned Shortie Headers, Pypes High Flow Cats, Flowmaster 40's, SCT VMP Custom Tune, 06 spinner center caps, Mach 1 Chin Spoiler, Smoked Fogs, Blackout headlight covers, 8000K HID Headlights, Sequential Tails.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-05-2005, 03:21 PM

i did not use the two way tape that it came with. i used the same stuff that is used to hold the windshields in. and the screws
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-05-2005, 03:38 PM Thread Starter
4th Gear Poster

i know that much you stated that before, do you know what kind of adheisive it was? like a glue? i can prolly find it at autozone right?

post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-06-2005, 12:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TbirdSims
i know that much you stated that before, do you know what kind of adheisive it was? like a glue? i can prolly find it at autozone right?
ya they should have it.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the TCCoA Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in