paint problems.... - TCCoA Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-13-2002, 04:03 PM Thread Starter

paint problems....

ok my paint was lookin good about 5 months ago now i am noticing some stains on the paint. i have tried to wsh them off but they dont come off....well technically they arent stains, they are darker spots that are stained on there. it is on the strip above the door window, hood, and the strip located behind the c-pillar....i think it is that, right by the read windsheild. and now i have some engine coolent that is staind into the paint. will polishing compound on a buffer wheel take it off and restore the old look (unstaind) and get rid of the buffer swril marks? I NEED SIGGESTIONS AND INSTRUCTIONS CAUSE I CANT AFFORD A NEW PAINT JOB BY MESSING THIS ONE UP!
thanx everyone ahead of time
Daniel Hammonds
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-14-2002, 06:40 AM
Veteran Poster

Send a message via AIM to CamellionCat
ummmm i think you should take your car back to that shop.

and when you do , pleaseeeee bi$%h them out for using bad quality paint. that happened to me, but i got lucky and i took my car into ford for the headgaskets and they crashed my car, soooooo i got me a new hood new bumper anddddddd new paint job.

Marvin M.

95- Cougar- SOLD (in loving memory)
Mods-17x9 cobra r's,H&R springs,KYB shocks & struts,removed air silencer,9"K&N cone,gutted cats,dual glasspack setup,cooling fan switch, B&M 24,000 tranny cooler.

Back in the game!!!
97 Lincoln Mark VIII LSC-opal opalescent with black interior, upgraded with a 98 tranny, 18x9 black saleen speedstars, LMS dual tip mufflers, 5% tints all around.
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-14-2002, 11:48 AM Thread Starter

no no no....

this is the factory paint. it has never been repainted so that kinda defeates b!tching out a paint shop right now. i need to know some way to fix it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-14-2002, 12:34 PM
Veteran Poster

have you tried a good wax job??????

yeah it wont hurt and its worth a try.

Marvin M.

Mods-17x9 cobra r's,H&R springs,KYB shocks & struts,removed air silencer,9"K&N cone,gutted cats,dual glasspack setup,cooling fan switch, B&M 24,000 tranny cooler.

Back in the game!!!
97 Lincoln Mark VIII LSC-opal opalescent with black interior, upgraded with a 98 tranny, 18x9 black saleen speedstars, LMS dual tip mufflers, 5% tints all around.
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-14-2002, 12:39 PM Thread Starter

wax...

doesnt work! i have tried mcguires and about 70 million different waxes (or not that many!!) and it didnt take it off. it gets waxed about one to twice a month. i think i am gonna try the polishing compound to take the top layer off and remover all the old wax and then put a thick fresh coat of wax on and then repeat a few days later with the wax. hey marvin thanx for the help. i am glad that one person will answer posts on here!
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-14-2002, 03:27 PM
Veteran Poster

Talking No problem dude, im bored at work lol

hey one thing that you can help me out with, is answering a question about your H&R's are you running the stock shocks?????? if you are how do they feel???? b/c im going to install them on my 3.8 but with stock shocks i dont really want to waste the money on new shocks only when they go bad.

Marvin M.

Back in the game!!!
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-14-2002, 11:06 PM Thread Starter

hey...

i dont have the H & R springs. they were soon to come but i ordered the eibachs instead. i have heard that it isnt necessary to change out the struts but i mean while they are off and the spring is gonne be change on the factory ones might as well put them on there. i just heard today that dan newman will sell the springs and struts and put them together for you. but i am not sure that he will sell the lowering springs. but yea you can get a set of KYB GR-2 ( it hink it is GR-2) gas adjustables for $145 plus $19 shipping to anywhere in the lower 48 states. thats not too bad. so might as well. post that question in the chasis section and youll get the answer you need!
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-15-2002, 09:36 AM

96 tbird-
for the stains, i would suggest using a clay bar. i have used one with exceptionall results. they are available at any auto store, and are inexpensive. just remember to keep it lubricated, so it does not stick to the paint. the clay takes off all the old waxes, and leaves a brilliant glass like finish. you should do your whole car with the clay, but especially where the stain is, should take it out. if not, try a fine high quality polish, and apply it by hand. dont forget to wax, as the clay removed all protection. i would avoid using power polishers, as they can burn your paint, unless you are experienced with it. good luck
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-15-2002, 10:16 AM Thread Starter

hey thanx lloyd...

ill go out and get some tomorrow and give ti a try. ill let you know how the results are.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the TCCoA Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in