What kind of HeadLamp Assembly did I pick up? - TCCoA Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 03-09-2005, 11:15 PM Thread Starter
Tom

What kind of HeadLamp Assembly did I pick up?

I went to the local car junkyard today looking for headlamp assembly units for my 90 thunderbird.

I got one from one car, but the other one was cracked. In the ford section I found another headlamp that looked identical to what I was looking for. I honestly can't even remember if it was from a thunderbird, but I am pretty sure it was.

The biggest difference I noticed in the car was that there was like a roof over the headlamp. Like the following picture... the red part is the "roof" im referring to:

Basically, on my thunderbird (and all the other 89 & 90 tbirds I've seen) I can go straight down and grab the clips that hold the screws into the headlamp. Though, on this car, I had to go at an angle about an inch towards the engine to get to the clips.

I would take pictures, but it looks EXACTLY the same, I had the 90 headlamp sitting next to it, and I couldn't tell the difference. The only way I know its different is because the lense wont fit on the other capsules. Here is an ebay pic of the 90 headlamp:

No, this is not a 94 or any of the block/square shaped

Any ideas?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 03-09-2005, 11:53 PM
Banned

are you sure it was off a tbird? if not then it maybe its off a 92-97 crown victoria. the headlights are very simular to the 89-93 tbirds, and you said it had a roof over the headlights? well on my 97 crown vic theres a roof over it also. maybe its on all 90's fords or not but heres a pic to help you. its off a 92-97 crown vic. cant really help you unless you post a pic of it

-Mike

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the TCCoA Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in