help i'm hit!! - TCCoA Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-10-2005, 08:58 PM Thread Starter

help i'm hit!!

ok so coming outta school at 315 and going to the car like usual. getting the key out, look at the huge smash behind the driver's door and my door all messed out then go on with my business. then wawa what!! my car got hit by sum1. wow i was pissed. so anyway come to find out it was my friends gf. she had to be at work at 4 so she left her info. the cops were there and did the report and all. well my buddy's dad works for gates chevy world in the body shop. so we take it to him to geta quote. 1600 smackers. they have to replace the quarter panel and remove the door and fix all that. well the insurance will take care of that. this weekend my car was scheduled to go into the shop to repair the rust on the rocker panels. ironically it will be going in the shop but for a lil more work. now the insurance will not fix the rust but they cant return it to normal without running into the rust. so i opted to use my buddy's discount and repair the car and do the entire car. but i dont have too much money. being this is my first accident i'm clueless on what goes on. first question how will the money come? are they gonna send it to gates? or do i get a check to take it newhere. second they have to return my car to the way it was b4 right? well if one side is painted and fixed wont it be off from the rest of the car? so do they have to redo the entire car to match? and thrid y can't women learn to drive??

so if any of you insurance guys out there have any insight on what happens or what i should do lemme know.

Last edited by zacharyzmn; 03-10-2005 at 09:08 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-10-2005, 10:54 PM
4th Gear Poster

Send a message via Yahoo to goodguy
in my experience, the insurance company will issue the check to the repair shop. Some will make it out to the shop and to you. Some just the shop. As far as the color mismatch, i'm affraid your out of luck there. They can't be responsable for paint fade. Now, as to women learning to drive, it will never happen....lol
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-10-2005, 11:22 PM
Seasoned PostWhore

Garage
Send a message via Yahoo to Traveler
Depends on the insurance co. I've had two instances like you describe, and in both cases the insurance co. gave me a check. What I did was get three estimates, two from a place I knew would be high and the third from a co. that would cut me a deal. I then turned in the two highest, and collected a check from the insurance co for the lesser of the two. I then had the lowball person repair the car. The difference in the two estimates paid my $500 deductible. So see if the insurance co will give you a check.

1997 Thunderbird Sport
Low Miles
Wifes Car
destined to remain stock

1997 T-Bird GT 4.6
80 MM Mustang GT MAF - P&P'd Mustang GT TB and Intake Plenum - PI Intake manifold - PI Heads
Mark VIII Torque Converter - J-Modded 4R70W transmission - Mark VIII Aluminum Driveshaft - 3.73 gears
PBR Brake Calipers - Eibach Springs - KYB Shocks
'89 SuperCoupe front and rear sway bars
SCT Chip programmed by Lonnie Doll
255/50/16 Falken Ziex ZE-512's
True Dual exhaust with Magnaflow DI/DO muffler
<<< SOLD >>>
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-10-2005, 11:28 PM
4th Gear Poster

Send a message via Yahoo to goodguy
Also, some shops will estimate your bill a little higher for you if they think they will get the work. To help you out on the deductable.
Maybe you know a small body shop that will do this for you just to help you out....
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-11-2005, 12:28 AM
TCCoA Founder
Administrator

Who the check is made out to depends on who owns the car....you or the bank.

And how close they come to bringing the car back to pre-accident condition is based on just what that condition was.

God Bless and Fly Low!

Sir William
TCCoA Founder

97 Thunderbird LX - Smoothed

99 Expedition Eddie Bauer

04 Grand Cherokee Overland
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-11-2005, 01:11 AM
Motorboatin' SOB
Headlight Cleaning Guru

Send a message via AIM to big mike
damn zach, that blows. hopefully you can get it fixed soon. i got your headlights today. this will be an easy job for me. they will look a thousand times better than the first set i sent you.

2014 GT
1990 300ZX TT
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-11-2005, 06:25 AM Thread Starter

lol sweet big mike. all i can say is good thing she didnt hit the clear corners, i just put them on!! lol anyway yea i'm gonna tke it to my buddy's shop to get an estimate too. i was originally gonna take my business there but their paintjobs are soooo expensive. maybe we can work soemthing out. i already gave her dad the quote from gates. so when i recieve the second quote what do i do with it? and if they do inflate it for me does insurance have to take the lowest? also since i gave him a copy of the one from gates and say i come up with 2 more expensive ones does that mean he can try and use the gates quote? see i've only got plpd and so does she. so it's all their insurance company that will be doing the paying.
oh and the car is all mine, in my dad's name but bought and paid in full by myself.
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-11-2005, 08:13 AM
Seasoned PostWhore

Quote:
can't women learn to drive??

In my experience, No........

Hope you get yours fixed soon. Good luck w/ the insurance company.

Jay

These are highly engineered precision vehicles, the first step in diagnosing the problem is to strike the suspected offending part sharply and repeatedly with a blunt object, then re-test.
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-11-2005, 04:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FordMan77
In my experience, No........
Neither can old men (63-year-old man did this to me):

post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-11-2005, 05:32 PM

i agree with the women are horrible drivers...
this si turning into accident picture thread lol

post #11 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-17-2005, 02:41 PM

I had damage almost exactly like that and I completly fixed it all I need now is paint . I wish I had damage pics to share. I got the parts from a junk yard. Hood, Both Headlights and Corners, With the mounting pannel. $250.00. Me and my dad did the work. Although i still need the bumper. Its not trash its just cracked and sags a little. I just have not money currently.
post #12 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-17-2005, 04:18 PM
PostWhore

Garage
In my experience, if there is no lien, they will make it to you and the shop or just to you. Really depends on the company. In your case since you plan on taking it to a dealer you probably don't care. I had one company that wanted to make it out to the shop, but when I told them I was not sure if they could do it on my schedule they made it out to me. I fixed the car myself and pocketed my labor.
post #13 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-17-2005, 05:35 PM
Seasoned PostWhore

Send a message via AIM to SVT2888
Hey your lucky atleast they left a note. My car got hit and no note was left. Now I have a saggy front bumper with paint peeling.

Mods: Concrete Median
CNCpics.com-Automotive Event Photography
Facebook
Ebay Store
Official B-team member. Viva La Revolucion!
post #14 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-18-2005, 03:53 PM Thread Starter

ah ha well update on this insurance junk. well of course the insurance company always wanting to not pay up decides to give me 1408 instead of 1545. they figure they will also give me 125 for 5 days wirth of rental car use. well i figure i'll take that 125 and have this done over spring break. for the entire car fixed and painted in jet black with 5 clear coats i was quoted at 2300. i have about 1800 and next thursday will be up to 2100. so i'm very close. but they'll need the car for a week. so all in all i cant complain. for fixing the car i got 1500 and at this exact same place i was quoted at 1500 to fix and paint the entire car. well i'm getting the exact same paint job but for only 800 bucks. so i guess it's not too bad. now my buddy can get me his discount at gates for around 1700 which i think is sweet but then i hear its' gonna be in there for a month. since they will not make as much if it werent an employees car they'll put it on hold for other cars.pi$$ed me off. but not to bad. and if they do a good job i have 2 other cars looking for some paint along with any other body work i may want in the future coming their way. so they better not mess up!!! oh and i have no body work experience nor do i trust my friends to help. so no way outta that one.

-zach

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the TCCoA Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in