Mark VIII doors????? - TCCoA Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-16-2005, 05:48 PM Thread Starter
PostWhore

Send a message via AIM to joshbea6
Mark VIII doors?????

Ok, here is the question.......

Do Mark VIII doors fit onto a T-Bird?

simple question, I know that a lot of parts are interchangeable, can the doors be swapped between the two?

Thanks.....

1997 LX Sport 4.6L 2.73 , MODS=SCT tuned/J-Mod/Trans Cooler/Dyno max Cat-Back/NgkPlugs/Mac cold air/March UD's/FRPP aluminumcarrier3.73's(spare for strip use)/ PI cams + PI intake manifold w/adapter plate/ Mark VIII Convertor/80mm L-Maf/70mm TB/ Mark VIII 1 piece shaft/Cobra R' wheels/ Kumhos 235/60/16 - White leather w/ blue cloth seats - white face gauges in 95 cluster
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-16-2005, 06:34 PM
Seasoned Veteran Poster

Are you talking about the interrior door panels or the WHOLE door? I'm 99% sure the door panels will but you really need at least the dash from a mark too to match up. But as far as the whole door..........I'm going with a no. They are pretty much the same size, use the same mounts and such but the skin is a totally different shape on the outside.

95 LSC- Mods: 2.5 dual exhaust, 3.73s, 17x9 cobra R Rims, SCT dyno tune, MM driveshaft, 249 rwhp/ 268 ft lb tq
97 Base- Mods: Forged motor, Eaton m112, 2.76 pully, too many mods to list..........
My Car Domain Page
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-16-2005, 06:41 PM Thread Starter
PostWhore

I was going for the structual door itself. I know that the interior pannel is different, just didn't know if the door itself would transfer.

Reason is I want to use the Mark VIII door handles on my SC as they have a much more flush profile than the stock bird door handles. And since they are also made of metal and not plastic, they are more rugged.

1997 LX Sport 4.6L 2.73 , MODS=SCT tuned/J-Mod/Trans Cooler/Dyno max Cat-Back/NgkPlugs/Mac cold air/March UD's/FRPP aluminumcarrier3.73's(spare for strip use)/ PI cams + PI intake manifold w/adapter plate/ Mark VIII Convertor/80mm L-Maf/70mm TB/ Mark VIII 1 piece shaft/Cobra R' wheels/ Kumhos 235/60/16 - White leather w/ blue cloth seats - white face gauges in 95 cluster
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-16-2005, 08:13 PM
Chapter Director Coordinator

96+ door handles

I bust ARP bolts by hand...

If Guns kill people, then...
...pencils miss spel werds
...cars make people drive drunk
...spoons made Rosie O'Donnell fat
~Gun Owners of America
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-17-2005, 09:38 PM
PostWhore

Send a message via AIM to Audiobahnbird
Quote:
Originally Posted by joshbea6
Ok, here is the question.......

Do Mark VIII doors fit onto a T-Bird?

simple question, I know that a lot of parts are interchangeable, can the doors be swapped between the two?

Thanks.....
simple question? have you ever actually looked at a mark 8?

They have a few more curves than birds do

Please enjoy my new and improved short signature- Russ
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-18-2005, 10:45 AM Thread Starter
PostWhore

I completely forgot about the door contours.........(OOPS!)

I guess I'll have to custom do the handles then.

post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-18-2005, 08:54 PM
PostWhore

well u can put em on if u want, id kinda like to see that lol, good luck with the handles!

post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-18-2005, 09:15 PM
Seasoned PostWhore

Garage
Send a message via Yahoo to Traveler
If you are going for looks, it should be easy to custom fit a set of 96-97 handles on. If its just for durability, I've had to replace the drivers side handle on two of the past three 97 T-birds I've owned.

1997 Thunderbird Sport
Low Miles
Wifes Car
destined to remain stock

1997 T-Bird GT 4.6
80 MM Mustang GT MAF - P&P'd Mustang GT TB and Intake Plenum - PI Intake manifold - PI Heads
Mark VIII Torque Converter - J-Modded 4R70W transmission - Mark VIII Aluminum Driveshaft - 3.73 gears
PBR Brake Calipers - Eibach Springs - KYB Shocks
'89 SuperCoupe front and rear sway bars
SCT Chip programmed by Lonnie Doll
255/50/16 Falken Ziex ZE-512's
True Dual exhaust with Magnaflow DI/DO muffler
<<< SOLD >>>
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-19-2005, 07:40 AM Thread Starter
PostWhore

That's part of the reason that I'm looking to change the door handles to those of the Mark VIII. I've seen the construction on the replacement handles, and the pins that are the pivot point on the handles are pretty stout.

I just completely forgot about the extra contours on the Mark VIII doors...... momentary brain fart until someone pointed it out.....(I hate it when that happens)

post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-19-2005, 09:07 PM
PostWhore

haha, glad it was me, kinda made my day, j/k

post #11 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-02-2005, 04:34 PM
5th Gear Poster

I know this is an older post but...

My 1995 Bird has the keyless entry keypad on the door itself. I wanted to replace this. At the moment I am thinking of shaving the handles all together, but I do happen to have a 1995 Mark VIII LSC in the drive way directly across from my 1994 SC parts car. Since I am parting out the Mark, I thought it may be cool to get the handles because the are a flush mounted body color handle wit hthe keypad built right in. I was taken back by the shape of the Mark's door being so different from the Birds as well.
When I took a closer look I noticed that the door handle on the Mark is not as curved as the door it is mounted in. The only problem I am having as that I would rather cut the metal out around the handle and weld that into the t-bird door skin soI have the correct mounting for this handle. That metal IS curved, and also then renders the Mark VIII door useless as far as being able to part the door out as a whole once the handle is gone. I figured the only way to get a sale out of the door on the mark would be to close up the whole after that and sell as a shaved door. Now for the obviouse... if I am going to shave a handle why in h3ll not do it on the T-bird if that is the car I am going to keep???!!!??? I just thought the info on the Mark VIII handle may be of some use for anyone who likes the idea, but doesn't have the 2 cars side by side to compare. If you really wanted to do it the handle will fit really well. You just either need to score the metal from the parts car and be really good at body work, or make your own mounting tabs on the t-bird door skin to accommodate the Mark handles.

See ya~

"Behold, I am coming quickly..." Rev. 22:12-13NKJV
- Jesus Christ

My 95 LX project car

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the TCCoA Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in