To Bra or not to Bra - TCCoA Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-20-2002, 09:37 PM Thread Starter

Question To Bra or not to Bra

The front of my 96 T-bird has several paint chips and I was considering buying a bra for the front.

Unfortunately, my car is white.

Anyone seen a black bra on a white car and how does it look? Any recommendations?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-20-2002, 09:58 PM
Seasoned PostWhore

I had a bra and followed the instructions to the T removing it when you wash. Letting it breath from time to time. After a while I noticed little scratches near the stitching and I no longer use it as

I found it did more damage then prevent.

I just got pretty good at filling in the paint chips.

post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-20-2002, 10:00 PM

I have a white tbird and a half mask the one that closes in the hood if u want i can take a pic tommorw with it on?

TOny
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-20-2002, 10:08 PM Thread Starter

Thank you!

A picture would be great. I'm just having a hard time visualizing a white bird with a black bra.

Does everyone seem to like it?
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-20-2002, 10:46 PM

the pics suck cuz i just took em bout 15 mins ago but here u go

Hmm.....I dont really use this anymore its practically brand new its a LeBra so if u want it make an offer...

TOny
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-21-2002, 03:56 PM
ice_nyne

I have a bra, bro...

I have a Le Bra on my pearl white '96 bird. I only use the top half of the mask. It's really your own call, based on the condition of your paint. I drive a LOT on the freeway in southern California, and because of all the debris kicked up on our freeways, the bra saves me from a lot of chips.

A word of advice, though. Regardless of the condition of your hood, if you do go the bra route, make sure you wax and buff the hood prior to attaching the bra. And use the paste variety, not the spray type you find in a quick detailer bottle. This will provide additional protection against scrathes from the bra.

And when you take off the bra for cleaning, MAKE SURE you clean the reverse side (the side that lies against the paint). You wouldn't believe the dust and crud that's collected in there that will scratch the paint when re-attaching the bra to your car. Good luck.

ice_nyne
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-21-2002, 06:55 PM
TGJ
Baddest N/A NPI in Canada

Here is a crummy pic of a friend's 96

edit: I will fix the pic then re-submit it

Also this is the Ford Bra. I too have a white TBird with this bra, but I don't have any pics of it.

Last edited by TGJ; 10-21-2002 at 07:15 PM.
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-21-2002, 09:47 PM Thread Starter

Thank you everyone!

Okay, great. Thank you....I can now visualize my bird with a bra.
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-21-2002, 10:04 PM

here's my 94, I had much better pics of it when it had tinted windows and headlight covers and a brand new looking paint job....:

post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-23-2002, 12:18 PM

Thumbs down

NO BRA! You work so hard to make the car beastly and powerful, then you make it so feminine with a bra. I vote thumbs down.
post #11 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-23-2002, 01:33 PM

It all depends on why you need one. I normally go with just the hood strip. Beyond that, I use the bumper bra when I drive the highways in the winters here. When I get home from my trips, I remove both pieces and wash the car and wash the bra inside and out. If I didn't use the bumper section in the winter, my paint would likely look sandblasted.

If it's for cosmetic reasons, get a Colgan to minimize wear on your paint. Otherwise, I wouldn't recommend leaving one on.

Follow the instructions that ice_nyne laid out for maintenance.
post #12 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-23-2002, 04:19 PM
6th Gear Poster

I Have

I have a Colgan....Fit's beautifully...I bought both pieces...but only use the hood piece.....The other piece i don't want to use..I don't want to take away from the T-bird look in the front.

Just keep the caar waxed underneath where the Bra sits......Colgan says not to use Armorall to clean the bra cause it strips away the protector that they use on it which keeps the wheather from doing damage...I used the Armorall anyway for a few months...then i stopped.

BeirutsFinest

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the TCCoA Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in