Bra pics and recommendations please. - TCCoA Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-24-2002, 02:43 AM Thread Starter

Bra pics and recommendations please.

I know, other threads have covered this. But I'd like more info. I had a LeBra. The fit was excellent. It was damaged and now I need a new one for winter.

I checked on the different bras available locally, Colgan, LeBra and Wolfe. The Colgan is appears the best, but is $90 CDN more than a LeBra, which is $30 CDN more than the Wolfe.

I looked at the Wolfe in comparison to the LaBra and the Wolfe seems better constructed, thicker, and has a felt backing as opposed to the LeBra. I'm thinking the felt will protect the paint better.

I'm interested in the fitament and experience with these. Pics would be helpful in determining fit. The LeBra, I know, fits nicely.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-24-2002, 02:38 PM Thread Starter

Anyone had experience with and an opinion on a Wolfe Bra? Has anyone found a review on the 'net of the different brands?

I just want one that will protect and won't look like crap. The LeBra fits nicely but is quite thin and hasn't protected the paint well.

Edit:
Okay, I'm posting this for the benefit of others who might ever shop for a car bra. I found a site that sells Colgan, Covercraft, LeBra, and Wolfe brands and provides a rough rating of them.

Check it out . It also shows pics of each brand on various vehicles.

The thing that gets me is that there is only a $20 USD difference in cost of the bras there, but locally in Canada, the difference is $90 CDN or about $55 - $60 USD. What's up with that?

Last edited by soop; 10-24-2002 at 03:09 PM.
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-24-2002, 04:46 PM

I am looking to sell my LeBra mask, its the half mask, just covers the hood.....If you want it let me know TOny

TOny
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-24-2002, 05:06 PM Thread Starter

I picked up a Wolf mask and checked the fit. Compared to the LeBra it fits like s**t. It's going back. I put the hood piece on and it was loose as h**l, you can just tell that it will flap. Also, they have these velcro strips that attach to the painted surfaces just under the hood and the under-hood portion of the fender above the signal light, metal hooks instead of metal-coated or vinyl hooks and just some other goofy tabs combined with the velcro strips.

Guess I have to wait for a Colgan or settle again on a LeBra. Thanks Tony, but that's the one piece of the LeBra that I actually have. The webbed portion of the LeBra was ripped up hitting an animal on the highway. I can tell you that a Bra(mask) doesn't protect against that.
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-20-2002, 02:10 PM Thread Starter

Update for anyone who cares.

For anyone looking for a bra/mask for their bird, this may be useful.

After having a LeBra and trying a Wolf, I bought a Colgan off of eBay for only $36 and shipping.

Easily, it beats the heck out of the other brands. There really is no comparison. While the LeBra is tight, it doesn't offer the protection of the Colgan and is really for looks. The Wolf tries to imitate the Colgan, but the fit is not nearly the quality of the Colgan and it uses metal hooks. Interesting to note that Saddleman manufactures both LeBra and Wolf.

The Colgan fit is tight, quality is great, it's thick and extremely well made. It looks pretty much the same as Anthony Lewis'.
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-20-2002, 08:45 PM
Refrigerator Raider Hater

I prefer Victoria Secret Bras.....on my floor.

LeBra all the way.

Matt "Looks Like Egon" Davis
96 Alpine Green V8
98 Audi A8 4.2Q in Racing Green Totalled
02 Audi A8L 4.2Q in Black

I buy my OEM Ford parts at 10% over dealer cost from Steve in White Bear Lake, MN.
You drive "like a man possessed"... by a woman!
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-20-2002, 08:54 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally posted by GreenBird
I prefer Victoria Secret Bras.....on my floor.

LeBra all the way.
I like the easy-off design. Click.

I will be keeping my LeBra hood cover for summer trips.
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-21-2002, 12:18 PM

(Thunderterd)

I hated my bra damaged the paint and I followed the instructions to the T...

I say let it all hang out there.......

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the TCCoA Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in