Questions For Everybody With Car Bra??? - TCCoA Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 10-28-2002, 02:00 PM Thread Starter
6th Gear Poster

Questions For Everybody With Car Bra???

Okay Every body with a car Bra....

(I have the full Colgan Custom Bra)
I have had the hood piece of my bra on my car for about a year now.
I was thinking of installing the bottom piece, but I have a few ?'s first

I know you should remove the bra whenever you wash your car, and I have been doing that, I also know that you should wax the area where the bra sits so the paint is not ruined, which I aslo have been doing

However, I was wondering how many of you actually remove both top and bottom pieces of your bra everytime you wash your car??
How many of you wax where the bra sits everytime it is removed?

Do any of have the Bra on permanently and just leave the Bra on when you wash the car?....If so...do you see any problems with your bra being left on?? do you see any problems with the bra itself or the paint??

I know there are plenty of people that leave the Bra on all the time....Not everybody has time to remove the bra, wash, and wax, and then reinstall....I mean for you guys who do nothing but work on cars...it's easy for you to do these things.....However, for others, wheather, work and school don't allow much time for some things.

All replies are greatly appreciated
BeirutsFinest
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 10-28-2002, 02:13 PM

I had the LeBra, which has a woven fabric next to the paint. Great for drying, but harsh on the paint. My paint arount the corners of the bumper dulled. But what would have been worse is the stone chips during the winter. I don't use it off-winter.

I took mine off after every trip through the mountains and washed the car. I only put it back on just before leaving for another trip and washed the car before putting it on.

I didn't wax every wash, only in spring and fall, although more waxing wouldn't hurt. Never let it sit on between washes because dirt will build up and work against your paint.

I am about to buy a Colgan because I wasn't happy with the backing on the LeBra and the Wolf fit terribly.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 10-28-2002, 06:11 PM
PostWhore

Send a message via AIM to Kevin
I have a CoverCraft bra on my Marquis, it has a fuzzy backing.

It hasn't been on long enough for me to fairly say wether it affects the paint (1/2 year max), but I have no doubt that it will affect it negatively.

But you know what? I bought the thing to cover up bad paint (chippings, feathered by stones?, scratches, and a spot of damage).

I wouldn't put a bra on a car unless you were prepared to piss around with it every time you wash+wax the car. IMHO, Nothing looks better on a car than paint, NOT vinyl.

1992 Mercury Cougar XR7 5.0 - Rust In Pieces
1995 Mercury Cougar XR7, rust free Florida car - future 5.0 project
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 10-29-2002, 09:41 AM
Seasoned Veteran Poster

for those that buy a bra, get one that has the tube all the way across the center on top (to hold it down). I've got the LeBra and the middle flaps all the time. I've ripped 2 trying to get them tight enough - and even so I've got a nice line of scuff marks from it.

got a line of stuff marks from the bottom piece right by the bird too. Dunno how, but they're there.

MidwestThundercats.com
15.183 @ 91.19mph - 2.236 60' :: nothing but a tune and 103s
178.7RWHP :: 244.2RWTQ
Sold

Driving a Chevy, next is a Mustang.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 10-29-2002, 10:14 AM
Red Sox Nation Rabid Fan
TCCoAAC Founding Member

Send a message via AIM to JordanSypek

I used to have a Wolf bra on my 1990... The only part that really faded was where the hood piece was, cause that thing would flap in the wind... I would just remove the bra everytime you wash to get sand and any dirt outta there, i know its high maintnance, but why damage your car for the sake of lazyness...

TCCOAAC (R.I.P. JOEL)
96 4.6 XR7 (T45 Swap, etc.)
97 4.6 Mustang Cobra (28k Miles)
95 4.9 F150 4X4 M5R2)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the TCCoA Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in