wrecked Cougar - need advice - TCCoA Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 11-21-2002, 01:52 PM Thread Starter

Unhappy wrecked Cougar - need advice

My wife wrecked our 94 Cougar (4.6) and I am trying to decide if I should have it fixed or just part it out. Car was hit in pass. rear behind wheel. Problem is that the whole rear of the car was pushed over, it bent the frame and slightly buckled the drivers side quarter in front of the rear wheel. I have several estimates ranging from 2500 to 5500 to fix. The body shops think once they get the thing on a frame rack and get it back square that most of the damage on the driver's side will pull out. The car has only 47k miles on it and was perfect inside and out before the accident. The real bummer is that I dropped full coverage on it 2 months ago. I don't know if the car is worth more in pieces or if it is fixed.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 11-21-2002, 02:06 PM
Cougar Pilot

Re: wrecked Cougar - need advice

Quote:
Originally posted by rickj
The real bummer is that I dropped full coverage on it 2 months ago. I don't know if the car is worth more in pieces or if it is fixed.
That DOES suck, but if she's the one that got hit was it her fault? What I'd do is send the big estimate in with an accident report, then the other insurance company should send you a $5,500 check, then go get it fixed for around $3,000, and spend the rest of the money as you see fit. Otherwise it might be worth quite a bit parted out, but I'm not sure how high the demand is for parts for this car.

TCCoA, there's no better way.
BlackCat94 - The Revolution.
1994 XR7 - Intake Tube, LMAF, March Underdrive Pulleys, J-Modded '00 Mustang Trans, Marauder T/C,
TruBendz 2.5" SS True Duals, Apten Flip Chip, FRPP 4.10s & Trac Lock, etc.

[email protected] with 3.27 gears
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 11-21-2002, 03:03 PM

i had something similar happen to my old 91 cougar, someone clipped the rear bumper at an angle bending the rear frame and putting 2 dents in teh rear left 1/4 panal..... the body shop straghtened the frame, replaced the bumper, repainted the bumper and the rear fender, total cost...........$1800

they said that they fixed the frame and then were able to basically pull the dents right out.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 11-21-2002, 03:19 PM

Send a message via AIM to JustinH
unless you really love the car, i'd say to have the insurance man total it and take it away.

Tbirds and cougars really don't hold a high dollar value in the used car market, and especially now you can get a nice one for dirt cheap.

Justin

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the TCCoA Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in