Removing oustide mirrors - TCCoA Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-18-2006, 03:18 AM Thread Starter
shaken, not stirred

Removing oustide mirrors

I just got a new passenger side mirror and i need to replace my old broken one. Could someone tell me how to remove the black access panel on the doorframe to get to it. I didn' want to tear anything up. Also is it just a plug and play deal? any info on this would be helpful/appreciated. thanks

C.Hill

'97 Laser Red T-bird w/ Option 66S - 125,000 miles, stock except for 3.73s Best ET 15.6 @ 88.3
'94 Electric Red T-bird LX V-8- 212,000 miles- SOLD
2005 Ebony Black Excursion Limited 6.0 Diesel STUDDED

"Thinking is the hardest work there is, which is the probable reason so few engage in it."
- Henry Ford

"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work."
- Thomas A. Edison

http://www.tailofthedragon.com <---- A test of driving ability and nerves.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-18-2006, 04:46 AM

Well the Ford '97 TSP CD (you can get it at www.fordcds.com and burn your own if you don't have it already) says to remove the door panel then pop the little black cover off to get to the mirror mounting bolts...

It looks like the black plastic cover is snapped into place and thats it. I would just take something like an old credit card and gently work it under the edge of the cover and try to pop it off before resorting to removing the door panel just to pop it off from the backside. On second thought You'll probably have to remove the door panel anyway to unplug the mirror...

I'd just pop the cover first and see if the plug is reach-able or not before pulling the door panel. To remove the door panel you need to first remove the trim panel around the door handle I think. If you can't get the CD for some reason let me know. If you really need to see what they say and the diagrams I'll post it up but prefer you just get the CD yourself. Heck if you have trouble getting it just let me know and I can toss it on my server and PM you the link to it, but again I'd rather not if I don't really need to.

Last edited by Southpaw; 11-18-2006 at 05:01 AM.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-18-2006, 01:09 PM
Seasoned PostWhore

Send a message via AIM to Chris_Murder
Take a flathead screw driver and wedge it under the black plastic cover on the inside of the car, it should pop out fairly easily, I removed my passanger side mirror because of an accident it was involved in that didn't make it sit right, it was really easy, but I too had doubts of how to get in there without screwing things up, it really is simple to get to.

-1996 Pearl White Thunderbird 4.6 Sport 4v with many mods:
Current Best: 13.583 @ 103.74 10/2014.
227hp/241tq measured on calibrated mustang dyno, tested at full vehicle simulation with inertia enabled, no number skewing.
-2001 White Ford F-250 Super Duty 6.8 V10, 4-door, 4x4, Limo Tint, BFG KO2's, Bilstein 7100 Remote Reservoir Race Bypass Shocks, 6" Spring lift, Kenwood Double Din, K&N Intake, FlowMaster Exhaust
Amber_Murder's Daily Driver.
-2005 White GMC Sierra 3500 6.6 Duramax, Dually, 4-door, 4x4, Limo Tint, BFG Commercial T/A's, Rancho RS9000XL Shocks, Kenwood Double Din, K&N Intake, Banks Monster Exhaust
Chris_Murder's Daily Driver.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-18-2006, 01:58 PM

Were you able to unplug the connector through the access hole?
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-18-2006, 05:44 PM Thread Starter
shaken, not stirred

Quote:
Originally Posted by Southpaw
Were you able to unplug the connector through the access hole?
No, i had to take the speaker out and the harness is just inside the speaker hole. thanks for your help.

C.Hill

'97 Laser Red T-bird w/ Option 66S - 125,000 miles, stock except for 3.73s Best ET 15.6 @ 88.3
'94 Electric Red T-bird LX V-8- 212,000 miles- SOLD
2005 Ebony Black Excursion Limited 6.0 Diesel STUDDED

"Thinking is the hardest work there is, which is the probable reason so few engage in it."
- Henry Ford

"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work."
- Thomas A. Edison

http://www.tailofthedragon.com <---- A test of driving ability and nerves.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the TCCoA Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in