Bumper Interchangability - TCCoA Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-10-2007, 10:30 PM Thread Starter

Bumper Interchangability

I just got in an accident in my bird and caused some serious damage to the front bumper and quarter panel of my car. I'm just curious as to whether or not you could fit a newer thunderbird bumper onto an 89 model, are they all interchangable? Cause I prefer the later model fascias.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-10-2007, 11:31 PM
Veteran Poster

Send a message via MSN to Kelsey Smith
Other than the cosmetics, is there any other damage to the car? Assuming there is no other damage, the 89-93 should fit each other. For the 94-95 or 96-97, it's gonna take more than just the bumper. New headlights, header panel...there's probably more, I just don't know what they are.

"WHAT CONE?!?!

1997 T-Bird Sport, 'Interceptor' (12 ESP 2008-2012)- CAI, 2.25 duals, Flowmaster 40 series, Clear corners, BBK 70mm Throttle Body, TrickFlow upper intake, PI Intake, BBK adjustable fuel pressure regulator, LE stripes, Bullitt-style gauge faces. 18x9 wheels, Sniper tuned, 3,620 pounds

1991 Ford F250 - Air restrictor delete. Cat delete.

1991 T-Bird 'Interceptor II' (12 CP 2013-) - Race-prep, Full custom "interior", Carb'd 302, Trick Flow twisted wedge heads, stage 1 cam, Custom Koni coil-overs front, Koni yellows rear, Cobra front brakes, fuel cell, 18X9 wheels, 275/30 Hoosier A6, 4.11 T-Lok. 3000 pounds

2004 Toyota Solara SE - V6, Sport package, Muffler delete, 17X7 wheels, 235/50 Conti ExtremeContact DWS
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-10-2007, 11:34 PM
Awaiting E-Mail Confirmation

In order for a 94/95 or 96/97 to fit you will also have to swap the header panel, hood, and headlights. Your corner lights will work for 94/95 but to put on the 96/97 you will need new corner lights.
I am not sure what "honeycomb" material you can use but you might be able to use the one you already have. I am sure someone knows...
Edit: You will have to have a hood release thingy to match the header panel.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-11-2007, 12:43 AM
Seasoned PostWhore

you need to tell us what style front end you want then we can tell you whats involved. in reality you can use any front end of any mn12 bird or cat. all the fenders are the same, its the just the lights , headers, hoods and absorbers that make the differances

64 ford galaxie -FE powered beast!- sleeping giant
69 cougar standard- 347/c6 -efi restomod, heidts prog 4 link heavily modified front, custom strutrods boxed lowers rollerperches 620 lowering springs! meier shock tower brace
96 f150 supercab lifted beast! 351 powered beast
87 shasta roadmaster 29ft travel trailer- pimpdaddy camping!
mn12 less!
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-11-2007, 02:03 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelsey Smith
Other than the cosmetics, is there any other damage to the car? Assuming there is no other damage, the 89-93 should fit each other. For the 94-95 or 96-97, it's gonna take more than just the bumper. New headlights, header panel...there's probably more, I just don't know what they are.
Yeah I have some oil leaking (from somewhere, havent had the chance to really inspect) and my wheel alignment is thrown way out of whack, drove it home last night with steering wheel sitting vertical instead of horizontal, screeching all the way up the street. Its a shame cause the damage will probably cost more than what i bought the car for, and it was a spotless bird, just mint condition, breaks my heart to see what I've done. I like the 93 front fascias, and I imagine one will bolt in fine.
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-11-2007, 02:20 AM Thread Starter

Hard to see, but you get the idea.
So yes, its a little more than i can take on by myself, ill be taking it in to an autobody shop, but maybe ill find a 93 front bumper at a wrecking yard for them to put on.
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-27-2007, 07:26 AM
1st Gear Poster

front end swap

sorry to hijack the thread but....

what parts would I need to change the front end of my 94 T-bird to a 96-97 style front end? I like the cleaner look of the later ones

Ron
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-27-2007, 08:35 AM
Awaiting E-Mail Confirmation

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2nazty View Post
sorry to hijack the thread but....

what parts would I need to change the front end of my 94 T-bird to a 96-97 style front end? I like the cleaner look of the later ones

Ron
See post #3.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the TCCoA Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in