TCCoA Forums banner

Shelby Mustang owners sue Ford Motor Company

5K views 14 replies 8 participants last post by  XR7-4.6 
#1 ·
According to Ford Motor Company the stripped-out, powered-up Mustang Shelby GT350 is “the most track-capable” and “race-ready” version of the Pony car ever produced – but those very claims have potentially placed the brand in hot water in the United States.

Reports have emerged that a trio of GT350 owners have experienced transmission and differential overheating issues that drop the Mustang into ‘limp home’ mode after a period of time on the racetrack, and have forged a class-action lawsuit against Ford as a result.

Read more ...

#4 ·
I'm going to take the opposite position here: if they sold you something as track capable (aka "track package" -- not "enthusiast package"), it damn well better be able to run on the track.

They took extra money for this feature but clearly learned that it wasn't good enough.
If the mfg had given them these coolers after realizing that it was inadequate and they decided that wasn't good enough because it wasn't "stock", I'd call that frivolous.
-g

PS. After hearing the flat plane crank on these cars, I seriously contemplated how to DIY some 180 degree headers for the tbird. Just because.

#5 ·
Gunn, you misread. According to the article, the people who are suing did not opt for the track package. They are hanging their hat on the fact that the car was marketed as "the most track capable" mustang ever, and the fact that the added coolers sold in the track package were made standard equipment for 2017.

#6 ·
You're right.
Bwhwhwhwhahahaahahaha.
This is indeed retarded.

By filing the Ford Mustang class action lawsuit, the plaintiffs seek to represent themselves and a nationwide Class of consumers who purchased or leased a Ford 2016 Shelby GT350 Mustang with a Base or Technology Package. They also seek to represent a Class of California, Florida and Texas consumers.
https://topclassactions.com/lawsuit...2016-shelby-gt350-mustangs-arent-track-ready/

The "Track Package" on the GT350 (non-R) was indeed a $6500 option.
That capability is unlocked by the GT350’s $6500 Track package, which includes heavy-duty front springs, MagneRide adaptive dampers, a drive-mode selector, an aluminum strut-tower brace, a rear spoiler, and coolers for the engine oil, transmission, and differential. This option nets you everything that makes the GT350R an “R,” minus that model’s carbon-fiber wheels, aerodynamics package, and lack of a back seat.

How We'd Spec It: The Classic, Everyday 2016 Ford Mustang Shelby GT350 ? Feature ? Car and Driver | Car and Driver Blog

#8 ·
Ford may have claimed the 2016 Shelby was “the most track-capable” and “race-ready..
There was no guarantee you could beat on it without incident though..

I'm sure it could be proven, if you drove pedestrian on public roads..There would be no issues with the car..

Most people that can afford them, aren't typically the type of person that wrenches either..
Like a lot of "woman" drivers..They just want to get in it and go fast!

Rayo..

#9 ·
There are people on the new Mustang forums, some are bitching and complaining. Some are coming up with solutions. I say, just fix it, make it better where Ford didn't...just like everybody did with these cars...no bitching, no lawyers, just innovation...Mustang owners, overall, aren't my favorite group of people anyway, for many reasons.

#12 ·
Well, I like the cars themselves...the 2015 really is similar to what a bird could have evolved into, had the MN12 continued production...but the owners, the stigma, etc. etc. is not the greatest.

#13 ·
If you're hell bent on getting a $60k+ Mustang, there are several "new" 2014 models at Crossroads Ford in Raleigh. One has a widebody kit, very wide wheels, and an aluminator motor. Apparently, these cars sat waiting for recall items. A co-worker was drooling over that one.

Al

#14 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.