TCCoA Forums - View Single Post - nos as next mod,maybe
View Single Post
post #8 of (permalink) Old 06-24-2017, 04:59 PM
Grog6
No, Mr. Lemmywinks, No!!!

Garage
Nitrous vapor pressure is pretty high over 50F; I don't really see a bottle warmer being a thing.

I'd want that shit as cold as possible, it has a higher density.

It also cools the intake charge a bit; the exhaust gets all the abuse, lol.

Wait: I Understand now. (I got sidetracked during this post, but I thought I'd leave that there...

Check out this:

This is from a rocket fuel discussion; if you're wondering about engine longevity, Aluminum is fuel, lol.

This graph basically says that there's a critical point that the state of the N2O is indeterminate.

You can't possibly guesstimate a tune/fuel mix for "indeterminate" so something breaks when it gets way too much of something.

Heating the bottle keeps it in the supercritical region, so it's always the same.

Below that temp, you can be sputtering liquid out in globs, and not know.

YMMV.

Red '96 Cougar XR-7 240k mi. '02 4R70W, PST DS : '03 PI engine, 04 maf, 24lb injectors, 2.5" exhaust, '02 4r70w + Jmod, DirtyD0g TC + cooler + 3/8" lines, 255 walbro fp. Alpine system.
Black '96 Cougar XR-7 (Lazarus) 210k mi PI Intake, '02 4R70W, Jmod, PST DS, GrogTune, Konis, Mark LCA+Poly, racecougar Custom Engine Chain, and JL and racecougar Bracing.
Black '97 Tbird Limited Edition, '02 4R70W, 255 walbro, PST DS, PBR Brakes&SS lines, Toicko Blues & Springs, GrogTune.

"War Is Peace. Freedom Is Slavery. Ignorance Is Strength." - George Orwell.
Truth Isn't Truth. - Rudy Giuliani, 2018 Award winner, “Most Outrageous Diversion” by MSNBC for this quote

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome