96-97 4.6L Flashed ECM/MAF combo - TCCoA Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-27-2007, 04:36 PM Thread Starter
6th Gear Poster

96-97 4.6L Flashed ECM/MAF combo

Up for sale is a SCT flashed ECM and a matching Granatelli MAF. This is calibrated for 19LB injectors. It is plug and play for any 96-97 4.6L. The tune is for premium gas. If you have a 3.55,3.73,or 4.10 rear, then all you need to do is pop in the speedo gear. It will not compansate for smaller than stock tires but that will only equate to about a 1 mile an hour on the speedometer which should not be a problem. The ECM is programed by our friends in Jacksonville, The MAF is set for 19LB injectors with a cold air tune, which means you can run the MAC in the front bumper style intake with the K&N filter, which in my opinion is the best way to get cool air. This is old school and it works. That under the hood filter stuff just does not give the cool air, period. The ECM catch code #'s confuse a lot of people. For the 96-97 4.6L they only had 3. One for California cars, one for Canadian cars and one for the rest of us. This one is for the rest of us. FTE1. If you live in Canada or California it may or may not pass emitions. Also to mention is the ECM is tuned for the rear cats off, if you still have them on and the sensors still installed you will not know the difference, or if you throw them in the can it will make no difference, either way you are good to go. As a matter of fact I am 99% certain you will not see any read lights at all, only the ones in your rear veiw mirror. A 75MM TB and 75MM plenum, 3000 stall convertor, along with JBA headers will complement this set up quite niclely, no need to re-tune. Also shift points are maxed nice. Anyway this stuff is not cheap. Both peices equaled $600 when I did it. Your price is $200 to your door inside the 48 states. UPS ground. If interested PM me.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-27-2007, 04:39 PM Thread Starter
6th Gear Poster

Just wanted to add that I have the original flow sheets for the MAF. You won't need them but they are included. Ed
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-28-2007, 04:12 AM
Moderator & Teksid Whore
Super Moderator

Send a message via MSN to guitar maestro Send a message via Yahoo to guitar maestro
just wanted to add that if you had stock 3.27s, and the new owner goes 3.73 or shorter, yes the speedo gear will correct the speedometer, but the WOT shift commanded points need to be brought down a couple hundred RPM espeically in 1st gear, since the engine's RPM will accelerate a lot faster....again thats IF you had 3.27s and someone else switches to 3.73s or shorter
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-28-2007, 07:12 AM Thread Starter
6th Gear Poster

Right. The shift points are for 3.73. I have 3.55's and shift points still felt right. Rev limiter and speed limiter are also raised if not removed. Extra firm shift from 1-2 will bark the tires but a lot of that depends on the tire quality and age. 2-3 shift is also firm. The MAF is 75mm with slip on connections. It's a good mod for someone who is just starting on the rebuild and wants to make a solid improvement.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the TCCoA Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in