Parting out '93 DJG/Mocha Mark VIII
Now is the time for Murphy to DIE. "Murphy" is the name of my '93 Deep Jewel Green/Mocha Mark VIII with 114,000 miles, which was involved in a collision last month. I've now moved on to a (yet unnamed) '96 Opal Opalescent/Saddle Mark VIII LSC, and am ready to start ripping Murphy apart.
The impact was to the front passenger side, so pretty much any exterior parts at that corner are toast. Except for the suspension, the car is pretty much bone stock to my knowledge. Some of it is in rough shape, but the transmission and brakes were really the only outstanding, debilitating mechanical issues that I know of. Then again, I'm not an expert mechanic.
The car was a base '93 with all the options, including moon roof. However, I tossed out the handset and antenna for the phone system the day I got it.
I'm wanting to sell anything I can pull out of this thing that's in decent re-usable shape, so PM/e-mail me your requests and I'll let you know if it is something I can get to you.
Some things that are NOT being sold immediately:
* Transmission - Only driven for a week after its recent rebuild, but still shifts a little oddly. I'm going to see if the shop that did the rebuild might take it back for a portion of what I paid them for it.
* Driveshaft - I'll probably transplant that at some point.
* Brake parts - I haven't had a chance to look and see what's good or not yet, but the front ones were grinding before the car was put out of commission. I'll update this item later.
* Suspension - Car was converted to 1.5" lowered coils when the air ride died last year. I may yet be swapping those into the LSC. I'll update this later.
* Rear shocks & mounts - Replaced shortly after the suspension was swapped in. Will probably be transplanted to the LSC.
* Door sills - I like that extra Mark VIII emblems there, so I'll probably be dropping those into the LSC.
Other than the above, anything else that seems to be in reusable shape that I can remove is up for sale. Anything I can't remove myself, you're welcome to come and pull if you can at a discounted price, if it's worth the travel to you.
I would prefer to receive payments via cash or PayPal, but will also accept personal checks, cashier's checks, or money orders. Shipping cost must be paid by the buyer up front.
Send in your requests either via reply here, PM, or e-mail, and I'll let you know if I can get the part that you want out, what shape I think it's in, and how much I'd like to get for it. Prices may be negotiable within reason. Pictures of the car and/or parts asked for will be available via e-mail, upon request.