New red FRRP plug wires...for 5.0 - TCCoA Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-10-2007, 11:30 AM Thread Starter
5th Gear Poster

New red FRRP plug wires...for 5.0

I bought these but I may just go ahead and get me some more Taylors as I like them better....however these were cheap so ...I may keep them...

If someone wants them I will sell them for what I paid. $45 shipped.

New in the box 110% untouched.

Mike

92 5.0 sport
306/msd/lonnie chip/dual exhaust/cai/24lb inj/3:55frrp gears
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-11-2007, 08:52 AM Thread Starter
5th Gear Poster

$40 shipped for them....decided I am going to get some Taylors or MSDs

92 5.0 sport
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-11-2007, 01:15 PM
Seasoned PostWhore

the motorsport wires are bettter than the taylors

64 ford galaxie -FE powered beast!- sleeping giant
69 cougar standard- 347/c6 -efi restomod, heidts prog 4 link heavily modified front, custom strutrods boxed lowers rollerperches 620 lowering springs! meier shock tower brace
96 f150 supercab lifted beast! 351 powered beast
87 shasta roadmaster 29ft travel trailer- pimpdaddy camping!
mn12 less!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-11-2007, 01:27 PM Thread Starter
5th Gear Poster

you think so eh? why? I know the Taylors have less resistance than the FRRPs and I have in the past on all my cars been able to tell the difference when putting the Taylors and taking off the FRRPs...

The Taylors are equal to the MSDs superconductors..

Are you saying this across the board or what >? you dont even know what Taylors I am getting.

If your going to say stuff like that then how about some substance ...I have know idea why you said that or how you know...or if thats true or not..

I have seen nothing special about the FRRPs....look the same as they have for years....

Based on my experience in my SHO & Cobra...I have had better luck with the Taylors....Thundervolt 8.2 series...

I am listening to hear from you

92 5.0 sport
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-11-2007, 05:48 PM
Seasoned PostWhore

well. 1st off if they anything like the msd's i wouldnt use them on a lawnmower i wouldnt use anything either compnay made on anything i own . yes they have been the same for years if they are good why change? . 2nd longevity its a different world up here than you have down there. customers cars and my own and friends cars. those parts just dont last. ford parts regardless of frpp or motorcraft or oe ford are built to withstand extreme hot and colds and harsh driving enviroments. sorry i am a flag waver for anythign oe

64 ford galaxie -FE powered beast!- sleeping giant
69 cougar standard- 347/c6 -efi restomod, heidts prog 4 link heavily modified front, custom strutrods boxed lowers rollerperches 620 lowering springs! meier shock tower brace
96 f150 supercab lifted beast! 351 powered beast
87 shasta roadmaster 29ft travel trailer- pimpdaddy camping!
mn12 less!

Last edited by jk69cat; 12-12-2007 at 06:53 AM.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-11-2007, 10:05 PM
motor city poster

Send a message via AIM to Red96Bird
you have PM
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-12-2007, 07:52 AM Thread Starter
5th Gear Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by jk69cat View Post
well. 1st off if they anything like the msd's i wouldnt use them on a lawnmower i wouldnt use anything either compnay made on anything i own . yes they have been the same for years if they are good why change? . 2nd longevity its a different world up here than you have down there. customers cars and my own and friends cars. those parts just dont last. ford parts regardless of frpp or motorcraft or oe ford are built to withstand extreme hot and colds and harsh driving enviroments. sorry i am a flag waver for anythign oe

....ok...I was hoping for a little more info than that...

As for being good...that appears to vary depending on experience. I have had no problems with the FRRP before. I also havent ever been able to tell a difference in how the vehicle ran when putting a new set of FRRP wires on. might be my imagination but since I havent tested it , its my opinion...

longevity....based on your location....cant say I can argue that although as far as spark plug wires go...I would think the temps under the hood of my car is about same as temps anywhere else.........only way I can see your area making a huge difference on the plug wires would be if it was below freezing...

I dont think it gets hot enough weather wise where you are to make a difference...its hotter here outside then where you are and I still dont think it makes a difference....the wires are good for more than 500 degrees....

anyhow...I am not trying to argue...I was trying to get some info as to why you would say that to begin with. I havnt seen anyone ever say anything bad about taylor wires. I have heard bad things about FRRP (about longevity) so its no different than anything else...there are good and bad parts no matter who makes them

even your oem..

92 5.0 sport

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the TCCoA Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in