Brand New 240a HO Alt. 4.6L 3G - TCCoA Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 29 (permalink) Old 07-16-2009, 08:00 PM Thread Starter
Banned

Brand New 240a HO Alt. 4.6L 3G

Please delete

Last edited by BigJohnny; 07-21-2009 at 07:10 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 29 (permalink) Old 07-16-2009, 11:02 PM
Seasoned PostWhore

Why does this sound suspicious?

96 Laser Red 4.6L - Custom
Custom Nascar-Inspired Bodykit - 55* Rear Spoiler - J-modded Trans - 80mm MAF - One-Off Diablosport Chipmaster Revolution Chip/Tune W/Toggle - ScanGaugeII Diagnostics & Data Readout - PBR Brakes - Drilled/Slotted Rotors - SC Wheels & Springs - Falken Tires - KYB GR-1 Shocks/Struts - FSTB - RSTB - RTLB - LECB - 60/40 Split Rear - SC Seats - SC Vac/Boost Gauge
post #3 of 29 (permalink) Old 07-16-2009, 11:50 PM
Moderator & Teksid Whore
Super Moderator

Send a message via MSN to guitar maestro Send a message via Yahoo to guitar maestro
so basically, since you can't prove what you're selling, you are going to have it tested with the buyer's money, and if it puts out stock amperage or even less, then thats what the buyer gets even though he paid $379 just because you put in that disclaimer?....do you know how ridiculous that sounds??.....seriously doubt anyone is gonna buy it
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 29 (permalink) Old 07-17-2009, 06:22 AM Thread Starter
Banned

ok, let me explain this, since after re-reading the ad i admit it does sound a little harsh, which was not my intention.

I just had an incident with another guy locally who I sold something to(not car related) and due to an issue that was neither my fault or his, I had to give him his money back. I already put the money on my credit card, which really hurt me financially and was something that could have been avoided.

The alternator is an Iraggi alt, the reason I state the above claims is because there have been a lot of people who have reportedly tested his alternators and they have not come up to the correct numbers. These people also only tested them either at a local parts store that do not have the capability to test HO alts properly or they just clamped it and turned on all their accessories, which as we SHOULD all know will result in erroneous numbers....the alt is only going to produce what is being used.

not one single person has had an Iraggi tested on a microVAT with the proper current measuring abilities. this alternator will NOT produce stock output numbers this I am certain of. I would even go so far as to say it will NOT put out less than 200a. considering the cost of alternators, even 200a, $379 is a good price. I've priced a few, and what i've seen, 200a alts aren't usually that cheap, and the ones that have been, have truly been crap and either putting out stock numbers or just a universal piece of junk that has crapped out on those who have bought them.

that's why I'm not going to give a refund should the output vary from the advertised numbers. it WILL produce a high output. I'm selling it as it was advertised. at least in this case I'm going to provide the buyer with a copy of the output report.

weather or not anyone buys it doesn't change the fact that I'm under obligation to provide a proper test as per the terms of my receiving my promotional AD244.

I could simply leave that out sell it, and just keep coming up with excuses why it wasn't shipped yet until it's returned to me and is shipped to the buyer OR I could inform the buyer and give them all the facts as well as the actual numbers, which in ANY case is always good to know so your electrical system doesn't get overloaded.

I will re-word the ad later to at least sound more friendly, but it will remain with the same facts, terms and conditions.

I promise I'm not trying to rip someone off, it does me no good at all to do something like that. I just can't afford to give someone that much money back and deal with crap like that because of a minor variance in advertised numbers (uhhh, how many gigs is a 200GB HD actually??) the bottom line is, this IS a HO alternator, it will NOT produce less than 200a, and the price is still fair even for that rating.

Last edited by BigJohnny; 07-17-2009 at 07:05 AM.
post #5 of 29 (permalink) Old 07-17-2009, 05:27 PM
5th Gear Poster

spider alt, spider alt, does whatever a alternator can... spider alt, spider alt, here comes your spider alt!

Sorry... I couldn't help myself.

"Behold, I am coming quickly..." Rev. 22:12-13NKJV
- Jesus Christ

My 95 LX project car
post #6 of 29 (permalink) Old 07-17-2009, 07:28 PM
Seasoned Veteran Poster

If your serious, have it tested yourself, show the results and recoup the testing costs in the sales price. No one is gonna pay for you to test it and then own it even if the results are crap.

95 Thunderbird LX 4.6
K&N cold air intake. True 2 1/4" duals, Xenon GFX. 3:55 Trac loc. Beefier trans, 2800 stall convertor, MkV111 aluminum driveshaft.
post #7 of 29 (permalink) Old 07-17-2009, 07:31 PM
6th Gear Poster

he can't afford to have it tested until it sells.
post #8 of 29 (permalink) Old 07-17-2009, 08:16 PM
4th Gear Poster

Send a message via AIM to KorpseofDeath
So... What is the price/cost of having it tested? I don't believe I read that anywhere? All I saw is paying for full price.

~1997 TBIRD 4.6L LX SPORT ~ Xenon Kit ~ 149K Miles ~ K&N ~ JMOD ~ Daily Driver
~1991 TBIRD 5.0L HO ~ Completely Stock ~
post #9 of 29 (permalink) Old 07-17-2009, 09:30 PM Thread Starter
Banned

testing is free, the company even pays shipping to receive it, it's the return shipping cost back to me, through UPS, works out to about $90 CAD.

if someone does buy it, and lives in the US, then it would be cheaper because I could pay the shipping from the testing company to the US address which would be less than about $40 I believe.

I'm looking into alternatives so people don't think I'm trying to screw someone over here.

the cost of the alt was $379 new,(used actually, which is why it was sent back initially, and returned with a NEW one) I paid the cost of shipping for that which was $40 to receive again, so all I want out of this alt is the retail price of it.

as mentioned, even if it comes back as 200a, $379 I think is still a fair price. I'm in a hell of a bind because I'm required to post numbers, but can't afford it until I can sell it. Catch 22.....

also, i'd like to add, if i get it tested first, and try to recoup the loss by selling it, it puts me in a tough situation because first of all, I have to spend $90 that I simply cannot afford, and it could be a long time before someone buys it, so I've put myself back in the hole I've gradually worked my way out of.

I'm not at all concerned that a test will reveal it to produce stock numbers, if that were actually the case I would refund the money and get my money back from Iraggi, it's that easy. my biggest concern is a difference of 20-40 amps, and having someone ***** up and down about it.

I've even stated how the high output is achieved, by a delta wind of the stator. Probably a couple other factors I'm not aware of, but that is a known.

Last edited by BigJohnny; 07-17-2009 at 09:59 PM.
post #10 of 29 (permalink) Old 07-17-2009, 10:22 PM Thread Starter
Banned

I've edited the original ad to cover more detail and be a little friendlier in nature.
post #11 of 29 (permalink) Old 07-17-2009, 10:57 PM
5th Gear Poster

why not just use it yourself? i would love to have that piece for my system as I 'm draggin tons of current right now, somewhere close to 340 amps. wish I could take it but this does not make any sense as to why you do not use it yourself???? Did i miss something in your post?

Mods: The usual stuff... 3.73 Gears, J-mod, catless mandrel 2.5" true duals, Marauder Converter, Eibachs, Xcal2 and Phoenix Gold Audio, chrome 18's, etc. etc..
I joined the dark side...
2002 Mustang GT, FRPP Aluminator with Tork Tech MP112 intercooled S/C at 17PSI, with all the supporting mods.
post #12 of 29 (permalink) Old 07-18-2009, 06:59 AM Thread Starter
Banned

yes you did, the promotional alt I received from another company.

I've got a 275a Delco AD244 to be installed. This will just end up sitting around, and when I install the Delco, I can get a HO kit for my old 3g, clean it up, rebuild it, and sell it too.

I've technically got 3 alts here.

Last edited by BigJohnny; 07-18-2009 at 07:31 AM.
post #13 of 29 (permalink) Old 07-18-2009, 12:30 PM
Moderator & Teksid Whore
Super Moderator

Send a message via MSN to guitar maestro Send a message via Yahoo to guitar maestro
if you can afford internet (after all, its a luxury not a necessity), you can afford to test it, period
post #14 of 29 (permalink) Old 07-18-2009, 06:44 PM Thread Starter
Banned

my internet is way cheaper than the cost of the shipping. I can't argue what you say, but there is a big difference in cost.
post #15 of 29 (permalink) Old 07-19-2009, 02:24 PM
Seasoned PostWhore

shipping an alt is not a fortune, more along the lines of $20 or so USD.

Are you really that poor?

96 Laser Red 4.6L - Custom
Custom Nascar-Inspired Bodykit - 55* Rear Spoiler - J-modded Trans - 80mm MAF - One-Off Diablosport Chipmaster Revolution Chip/Tune W/Toggle - ScanGaugeII Diagnostics & Data Readout - PBR Brakes - Drilled/Slotted Rotors - SC Wheels & Springs - Falken Tires - KYB GR-1 Shocks/Struts - FSTB - RSTB - RTLB - LECB - 60/40 Split Rear - SC Seats - SC Vac/Boost Gauge
post #16 of 29 (permalink) Old 07-19-2009, 04:25 PM
Moderator & Teksid Whore
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Ghost View Post

exactly...if the cost of your internet (bigjohnny's) is cheaper than shipping, then give up your household internet for a couple months to have it tested/shipped/whatever, and communicate from a public library internet terminal.....internet is free there

sorry if you think i'm being harsh, but I once bought a maf for $80 from a person here that many trust, and when i proved to him that the maf he sold me wasn't the maf he said it was, what I initially got from him was "oh, well now that I know its not what I said it was, I dont need it anymore, so i'll give you $35 back and you keep it"......your disclaimer seems to run along those lines to protect yourself from losing out all that much should it be not what it is claimed to be
post #17 of 29 (permalink) Old 07-19-2009, 07:28 PM
PostWhore

Send a message via Yahoo to dmw_4814
Quote:
Originally Posted by guitar maestro View Post
if you can afford internet (after all, its a luxury not a necessity), you can afford to test it, period
Wow!! I don't know; I think I'd be more than a little upset with someone I've probably never even met telling me what I can and can't afford!

Just my opinion...

Dennis
post #18 of 29 (permalink) Old 07-19-2009, 07:37 PM Thread Starter
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Ghost View Post

I explained this already, to have it shipped to my CANADIAN postal code, costs $40 USD, through UPS.

Now, convert that to Canadian and it's about $53. UPS is the WORST place to ship with IMO, because that $53 only covers shipping to the border. once it cross the border more shippign charges apply, their "brokerage" fees.

so the alt arrives at my door, and I've paid $53 to have it shipped already, now the UPS guy politely asks for $40 in "COD" charges.

$53+$40=$93

so please explain to me how you come up with $20 to ship it?

Quote:
exactly...if the cost of your internet (bigjohnny's) is cheaper than shipping, then give up your household internet for a couple months to have it tested/shipped/whatever, and communicate from a public library internet terminal.....internet is free there

sorry if you think i'm being harsh, but I once bought a maf for $80 from a person here that many trust, and when i proved to him that the maf he sold me wasn't the maf he said it was, what I initially got from him was "oh, well now that I know its not what I said it was, I dont need it anymore, so i'll give you $35 back and you keep it"......your disclaimer seems to run along those lines to protect yourself from losing out all that much should it be not what it is claimed to be

All I'm trying to do is protect myself from someone who is going to whine about a 20-40 amp difference. I've explained that. I think I mentioned money returned if it's less than 200a output.
Like I said, if it turned out that bad, I would simply return the money, get the alt back, and return it to Iraggi, getting back the money I initially paid for it, plus the $40+$40 I had to pay to receive it from UPS twice.

It would work out better for me financially to return the money and then return the alt to Iraggi directly, should it prove to put out absolute crap numbers. so based on that alone, you could see how I would have more financial motivation NOT to rip someone off or stick them with a crap alternator, because I would get MORE money back by returning it outright, which I can't do unless it were to produce terrible numbers. However, 20-40 amps isn't really grounds for returning it, and it goes back to $379 being a decent price for a 200a alternator.

does anyone know where a 200a 3G can be had for $379?

Last edited by BigJohnny; 07-19-2009 at 07:43 PM.
post #19 of 29 (permalink) Old 07-19-2009, 08:18 PM
Moderator & Teksid Whore
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJohnny View Post
However, 20-40 amps isn't really grounds for returning it, and it goes back to $379 being a decent price for a 200a alternator.

does anyone know where a 200a 3G can be had for $379?
well I for one would be upset at a 40A difference in output if I paid for it....but thats my opinion, just as you are entitled to yours

you asked: 200A 3G alternator $329.95

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmw_4814 View Post
Wow!! I don't know; I think I'd be more than a little upset with someone I've probably never even met telling me what I can and can't afford!

Just my opinion...

Dennis
you are entitled to your opinion, as I am mine...I just call it how I see it.
post #20 of 29 (permalink) Old 07-19-2009, 09:05 PM Thread Starter
Banned

well, i'll be damned. I'm glad you showed me that actually.

you know where to find a 220a for $379 or less?
post #21 of 29 (permalink) Old 07-19-2009, 10:19 PM
Moderator & Teksid Whore
Super Moderator

you would not believe the deals I can find on this here internet.....
post #22 of 29 (permalink) Old 07-19-2009, 10:29 PM
Moderator & Teksid Whore
Super Moderator

post #23 of 29 (permalink) Old 07-20-2009, 01:26 AM
4th Gear Poster

Send a message via AIM to KorpseofDeath

~1997 TBIRD 4.6L LX SPORT ~ Xenon Kit ~ 149K Miles ~ K&N ~ JMOD ~ Daily Driver
~1991 TBIRD 5.0L HO ~ Completely Stock ~
post #24 of 29 (permalink) Old 07-20-2009, 07:05 AM Thread Starter
Banned

Quote:

Quote:
http://powerbastards.com/products.asp?cat=212

anything else you need while I'm on a roll?
they don't count, their alternators are crap, I honestly can't say personally, but everytime I see something about their alts its a failure of some kind, and I've not seen a person happy with one of theirs.

I'm not trying to be cocky or anything, I just was unable to find that 200a alt, and I knew about PB but I didn't put much faith in their alts.
post #25 of 29 (permalink) Old 07-20-2009, 01:54 PM
Moderator & Teksid Whore
Super Moderator

easy to say that after i found it, right? lol

either way....even though i personally dont agree with the manner in which you're selling this, i wish ya the best of luck

oh and my internet search skills rule
post #26 of 29 (permalink) Old 07-20-2009, 07:44 PM
PostWhore

Send a message via Yahoo to dmw_4814
Quote:
http://powerbastards.com/products.asp?cat=212

anything else you need while I'm on a roll?
C'mon, seriously - would you REALLY buy an alternator for $269 from a company called Power Bastards?!!

Have you ever even freakin' heard of them before?

Dennis
post #27 of 29 (permalink) Old 07-20-2009, 07:51 PM Thread Starter
Banned

Quote:
easy to say that after i found it, right? lol

either way....even though i personally dont agree with the manner in which you're selling this, i wish ya the best of luck

oh and my internet search skills rule
depends on what your talking about, I already knew about power bastards, and avoided them like the plague.

they use universal fit alternators that barely output stock numbers in most cases.

like I said though, I can't personally say so, but I've read enough to stay away.
post #28 of 29 (permalink) Old 07-20-2009, 11:08 PM
Moderator & Teksid Whore
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmw_4814 View Post
C'mon, seriously - would you REALLY buy an alternator for $269 from a company called Power Bastards?!!

Have you ever even freakin' heard of them before?

Dennis
what I would do is irrelevant....i was asked to find it, and I did....thus proving my jedi-like deal finding skills...the force is strong with me
post #29 of 29 (permalink) Old 07-21-2009, 08:00 PM
3rd Gear Poster

Anyone can search the internet, as long as you have a brain and you're not a douche....

1994 Ford Thunderbird 4.6 SOHC........Air silencer delete, muffler delete (LOL), and smoked tails......SOLD!

Current: 1987 Lincoln Mark VII LSC 5.0 HO 3.27 gears

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the TCCoA Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in