Allen Engine Development Supercharger Kit 4.6L M-90S
Arb E.O. No. D-423-4
$3,900 shipped, firm.
Contact info: [email protected]
I’m the original owner and bought it straight from AED. Paid about $4,600 before shipping for just the kit.
Included in Kit:
-Intercooler, internal air/water
-MPX-Extreme blower case
-Heat exchanger, external front bumper, air/water
-Intercooler water tank
-AED fuel rails
-70mm throttle body, Ford
-Silicone TB connector
-MAC Air intake tube
-Plastic adapter for MAF
-K&N air filter
-Stock Explorer Air filter box, moded to fit 90mm MAF fitment, drilled 4’’ hole to adapt a cold air tube to front of bumper
-Alternator lower AED bracket
-Alternator upper AED bracket
-All hoses and hardware for installation
-2.5’’ 6 rib blower pulley
-Brand new stock tensioner
-2.65’’ 8 rib blower pulley, custom piece
-8 rib alternator pulley
-8 rib power steering pulley
-8 rib A/C pulley
-Mustang A/C compressor for 8 rib pulley
-Four 8 rib wide idler pulleys
-8.5’’ 8 rib custom dampener
-Auto Meter Boost gauge
-Intake restriction vacuum gauge
-Two Snow Performance 175cc meth/water nozzles
-Snow Performance T-fitting for dual nozzles
-Snow Performance safe injection
-Stock M90 blower case
-Water inlet tube
This kit if for a direct bolt on Explorer/Mountaineer 2002-2005.
It is also the same REVII kit used in the 99-04 Mustangs AED kit. A few parts might differ, but the intake, plenum, is the exact same.
Can also be installed on a non-PI motor.
Upgrades included in the purchase with less than 75 miles of use:
1) Magnum Power MPX Extreme blower case: $600
2) Intake work for the MPX case done professionally from Kearney Mesa Welding: $600. This was very inexpensive. He said if he had to do it all over he would have charged about $1,500, lots of work.
3) Then it was sent to Magnum Powers to surface the case to the intake manifold, and for Charles’s (co-owner Magnum Powers) to inspect and approve all modifications, just to make sure everything was right. He also inspected the rotor tolerances while it was there. All was well: $250
4) Custom 8.5’’ 8rib dampener: $275
5) Custom 2.65’’ 8rib blower pulley: $105
6) A/C 8rib pulley, can’t remember the price but approx $30
7) Power steering 8rib pulley, can’t remember the price but approx $30
8) 4 8rib idlers, can’t remember the price but approx $60 for all
9) Brand new never used stock tensioner: $45 (recommend upgrading this is used with the 8.5’’ dampener, not strong enough).
10) Intake restriction vacuum gauge: $15
11) Auto Meter Boost gauge: $50
Other upgrades included in the purchase
1) Mustang A/C compressor for 8rib pulley: $75
2) Dual nozzle setup, Snow Performance $35
3) Dual 175cc nozzles, Snow Performance $50
4) Safe Injection, Snow Performance $205
5) Gasket matched manifold runners: $150
$2,500 worth of upgrade and none of those prices include any shipping or taxes.
The AED has approx 7,000 miles of use. 3,000 miles of that was from a cross-country trip in 6 days all highway trip. Since new it has seen three oil changes.
The intake manifold has undergone some fabrication to port match the bigger inlet for the new Magnum Powers MPX Extreme blower case. This case is designed to withstand many more blower RPM’s than the stock M90 case. It is made of stronger material and will not warp when over spun like the stock M90 case can. It has a much bigger inlet and outlet ports: http://www.magnumpowers.com/tbrd_MPx.php
This new MPX case and intake manifold work only has about 30 miles of use and some dyno pulls. My goal was to become the first 2V / M90 to break the 400whp mark. It was accomplished on June 15th 2009. This was done on 91 pump gas + meth/water.
Here is the dyno chart: