Tubular K (Unfinished) - TCCoA Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-17-2009, 11:14 AM Thread Starter
3rd Gear Poster

Tubular K (Unfinished)

This K-member was constructed in the early stages and never finished. I have since changed the jig and this one doesn't fit on it properly in order to finish it. This is being sold AS IS and for off road use only.

Things needed for completion:
  • Cap ends of all tubes (4)
  • Add "U" rings for control arm cam bolts (4)
  • Obtain washers for steering rack mounts (4)
  • Notch motor mounts for clearance of bolts
  • Drill Holes and add fasteners for sway bar (4)
  • Add provisions for stock strut-rod mount

This was made for 89 to early-92 models. I can no longer bolt it to the current jig to check for the fit on the drivers side motor mount or to finish the strut rod mounts. Because of this, I never finished the rest of it. It has since been painted gloss black to avoid rusting.

Looking for $300 plus shipping.

Black 92' SC 5-Speed
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-17-2009, 11:47 AM
Seasoned PostWhore

Super Moderator

Garage
Send a message via AIM to MadMikeyL
Definitely interested. Price on shipping to 07724? Also, would you be willing to make up a set of the strut rod mounts for it? The rest I feel comfortable with finishing myself. If not, if you could at least provide some measurements with it of where to mount them. Thanks.

-91 Cougar LS, coming soon, complete overhaul with a 427" Windsor.
-90 XR7 5-speed black on black w/sunroof, MP2, coated rotors, double intercooler, 15%OD, ported heads, comp stage 1 cam, 85mm TB, 90MM LMAF, 80# injectors, and ported big valve heads
-98 Mark VIII LSC, Procharger P600b, TR3650 swap and 3.73s.
-90 SC Automatic rustbucket winter beater
-97 Tbird Sport 4.6 Nice weather daily driver
-"Your buddy Mike is INSANE!" -ClintD's dad
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-17-2009, 11:51 AM Thread Starter
3rd Gear Poster

Let me figure out how I'm going to ship it and get you a quote. I could add all the other stuff if you want, minus the strut-rod mounting and checking the drivers side mount for fitment. This was made before the improved jig and I can no longer bolt it down in order to add the strut-rod mounts. I could measure it all out, but I honestly don't have the time as I have other units to make.

I can cap the ends, add the alignment rings and make the provisions for the sway bar hardware, but the motor mounting notching/checking and strut-rod mounting are up to you.

Black 92' SC 5-Speed
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-17-2009, 12:51 PM
Seasoned PostWhore

Super Moderator

Garage
Send a message via AIM to MadMikeyL
Sounds good, I think I can take care of that. The strut rod mounting is the only thing that has me worried at all, but I'm sure I can figure something out. Let me know what the shipping comes to. If it makes it cheaper, I have a business address you can send it to, or if you want to see about sending it greyhound, I believe they have a depot in Newark NJ that I could pick it up at, but I don't know how far they are from you. Let me know what you come up with. Thanks.

Mike

-91 Cougar LS, coming soon, complete overhaul with a 427" Windsor.
-90 XR7 5-speed black on black w/sunroof, MP2, coated rotors, double intercooler, 15%OD, ported heads, comp stage 1 cam, 85mm TB, 90MM LMAF, 80# injectors, and ported big valve heads
-98 Mark VIII LSC, Procharger P600b, TR3650 swap and 3.73s.
-90 SC Automatic rustbucket winter beater
-97 Tbird Sport 4.6 Nice weather daily driver
-"Your buddy Mike is INSANE!" -ClintD's dad
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-17-2009, 12:54 PM Thread Starter
3rd Gear Poster

I just went out looking for a box to stick this in. I can't find anything that big, but I'm going to stop off at the UPS store and see what they say. So far, the expected weight and the therotical size puts it in the $28 range. Don't quote me on this, but it should be somewhere in this range. I'll get back to you as soon as I can.

Black 92' SC 5-Speed
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-17-2009, 07:14 PM
2nd Gear Poster

Hey, do you have or can you make one of these for a 95 bird, i have a 1/4 mile car and would like one of these. Im in NH as well so you wouldnt have to ship it.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-17-2009, 07:26 PM Thread Starter
3rd Gear Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deadman View Post
Hey, do you have or can you make one of these for a 95 bird, i have a 1/4 mile car and would like one of these. Im in NH as well so you wouldnt have to ship it.
Sure, it won't be until a few weeks. Chances are you won't get it until after the race season. I have a few orders that I have to meet and then I can open it up for another batch. Shoot me a PM and we can talk about it more.

Black 92' SC 5-Speed

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the TCCoA Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in