6th Gear Poster

Original Jerry Chip

70 Shipped
Jerry Chip from 94 4.6l.
-used on AW50

Raises shift points
removes governor
advance timing
**can use any type of gas when the octane plug is pulled out, or 93 and up if the plug is in

Can't recall off the top of my head what else it does, but if you search, it was made by jerry himself when we had a meet in NOVA a while ago.

requires:
2 step colder plugs (ie lighting plugs)
180 t-stat

Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 27 (permalink) Old 09-22-2009, 02:31 PM
Road warrior extrodinaire

Super Moderator

Garage
If yours Jerry chip is like mine (and I believe it is) these are set up for cars with 3.73 gears.

They work great and move the governor from about 105 up to 125 MPH; they don't remove it completely.

Don't ask me how I know this.

But, hey, who needs to go more than 125 anyway...

I run mine with one step colder Motorcraft 22C plugs and a 180 degree T-stat. I think 2 steps colder are the 12C plugs.

Anyway, bump for a great item.

Mods? Yea, I got mods ...
Air silencer delete, warp drive, dilithium crystals, flux capacitor, Slingshot Rubber band power adder, Moonshine & Gas, Leaf Blower Supercharger, Hamster Wheel & Hamster, Energizer Bunny generating 1.21 gigawatts, Mr. FusionŽ Home Energy Reactor, hover conversion and a sextant celestial navigation system (The original GPS)
Best 1/4: 1,320 nanoseconds @ 670,616,629.2 miles per hour

"There isn't that much difference anymore between spacecraft, aircraft and modern automobiles..." - Keith Henry, NASA's Langley Research Center
See a list of my real mods and pictures of my car HERE. The true performance of my car was made possible by the Carolinas Crew Chief, RobertP at Rob's Tire & Auto
post #3 of 27 (permalink) Old 09-22-2009, 08:43 PM
Rob
Seasoned PostWhore

Send a message via AIM to Rob
I have an old J chip and I have buried the crap out of my 120 speedo. It took a while for the needle to start receding after letting off the gas. I stopped because I was scared not because I hit a governor. You know how it can get scary on closed courses!
-Rob

-Rob
RIP '94 Amber Fire Pearl Metallic Thunderbird on Bullitts [email protected]
96 Sport '02 Explorer PI with ported heads, 90MM LMAF, DirtyDog Marauder TC, Lasota tune, Jmod, Magnaflow mid-mount with X, no cats. Urethane drivers motor mount. HIDs!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 27 (permalink) Old 09-22-2009, 08:58 PM

Super Moderator

Garage
125 would bury a 120 speedo.

lol yea, it is scary on those "closed courses"

Air silencer delete, warp drive, dilithium crystals, flux capacitor, Slingshot Rubber band power adder, Moonshine & Gas, Leaf Blower Supercharger, Hamster Wheel & Hamster, Energizer Bunny generating 1.21 gigawatts, Mr. FusionŽ Home Energy Reactor, hover conversion and a sextant celestial navigation system (The original GPS)

"There isn't that much difference anymore between spacecraft, aircraft and modern automobiles..." - Keith Henry, NASA's Langley Research Center
See a list of my real mods and pictures of my car HERE. The true performance of my car was made possible by the Carolinas Crew Chief, RobertP at Rob's Tire & Auto
post #5 of 27 (permalink) Old 09-23-2009, 04:35 AM
Seasoned Veteran Poster

I wish I had some $$ I would take it.

1995 LX 4.6 Stock for now.
post #6 of 27 (permalink) Old 09-23-2009, 05:04 AM
6th Gear Poster

I will be in need of a tune on my '95 after my transmission swap. would this be a viable solution?

Seth
post #7 of 27 (permalink) Old 09-23-2009, 12:09 PM
2nd Gear Poster

would it work in a 97?

air silencer removed, dorman intake manifold,clear corner lights,psp with psp windshield mount,blue led moded gauge cluster.
post #8 of 27 (permalink) Old 09-23-2009, 12:35 PM Thread Starter
6th Gear Poster

Seth & lozer81,
I don't want to mislead any of you, so it would probably be best to ask on the board. Not sure if it would work on a 97. As far as the tune goes, I'm not sure how it interacts with the ecu. I'm on my bb now and out of state. If you all don't post anything about it, I'll try to the beginning of next week when i get back home.
post #9 of 27 (permalink) Old 09-25-2009, 05:49 PM
3rd Gear Poster

Send a message via AIM to SyriusCougar95 Send a message via Yahoo to SyriusCougar95
the chip would have to be re-burned for it to work on a 1997, I have a 95 with the same AW50 code. But for the price, is a steal.
post #10 of 27 (permalink) Old 09-25-2009, 07:50 PM
PostWhore

Wouldn't it work in a car with stock gears? All I can figure is that the governor would end up being higher than 125 mph.

-Randy-
post #11 of 27 (permalink) Old 09-27-2009, 08:10 PM Thread Starter
6th Gear Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by V8ThunderCat View Post
Wouldn't it work in a car with stock gears? All I can figure is that the governor would end up being higher than 125 mph.
I have stock gears on my car. This will work with stock gears.
post #12 of 27 (permalink) Old 09-30-2009, 07:49 AM
PostWhore

Alright then, PM sent!

-Randy-
post #13 of 27 (permalink) Old 11-08-2009, 11:05 AM
2nd Gear Poster

do you still have the chip?
post #14 of 27 (permalink) Old 11-11-2009, 01:00 AM
PostWhore

No, I have it now!

-Randy-
post #15 of 27 (permalink) Old 11-11-2009, 05:03 AM

Super Moderator

Garage
I will be selling mine soon, same chip, same price.

I hope to have it off of the car and ready to sell by the end of the month. So, I'll just piggy-back my sale onto this thread.

Anybody interested?

post #16 of 27 (permalink) Old 11-11-2009, 07:45 AM
Seasoned PostWhore

Send a message via AIM to coggonobrien Send a message via MSN to coggonobrien Send a message via Yahoo to coggonobrien
stock gears or something special?
post #17 of 27 (permalink) Old 11-11-2009, 09:01 PM

Super Moderator

Garage
I run 3.73's on mine but I suppose it would work with stock gears.

post #18 of 27 (permalink) Old 11-12-2009, 05:27 PM
1st Gear Poster

Garage
hey Trunk Monkey
Yes I'm interested in the chip
thanks Chris
post #19 of 27 (permalink) Old 11-12-2009, 06:25 PM

Super Moderator

Garage
Ok Chris (Quikbird) You have first dibs. I'll let you know when it's available.
Coggonobrien you're next.
BigJohnny
and then
kustomizingkid

Ok, I think this list is long enough. Thanks to everyone for their interest. I'll be in touch when the chip is available.

Last edited by Trunk Monkey; 11-15-2009 at 05:29 PM. Reason: Update list and stop receiving offers.
post #20 of 27 (permalink) Old 11-12-2009, 07:04 PM
Banned

if this falls through I'll take it off your hands on wed next week.
post #21 of 27 (permalink) Old 11-15-2009, 02:35 PM Thread Starter
6th Gear Poster

Ok every, please send emails and pm's to trunk monkey and NOT to me. I do not have the chip still. He was just using this thread to sell his. Thanks
post #22 of 27 (permalink) Old 11-15-2009, 05:28 PM

Super Moderator

Garage
Ok, I updated the waiting list in post #19.

Sorry about the confusion RidinOnAir.

post #23 of 27 (permalink) Old 11-15-2009, 05:57 PM
Banned

I should ask before I go and do something stupid like buy something that won't work.

Will the chip work in a 96? and if it needs to be re-burned to work in a 96, is there still someone who can re-burn it?
post #24 of 27 (permalink) Old 11-15-2009, 07:43 PM Thread Starter
6th Gear Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trunk Monkey View Post
Ok, I updated the waiting list in post #19.

Sorry about the confusion RidinOnAir.

No problem. I've just received about 5 emails about it when I was on vacation. Good luck with the sale. These are GREAT chips
post #25 of 27 (permalink) Old 11-23-2009, 01:26 PM
1st Gear Poster

I have a chip that was for my 1996 v8 with stock gears. It has the revised torque converter lockup schedules, uses the Ford Lightning MAF and you can use the plug to tell it if you have premium or regular fuel. This is one of the old chips - from way back when they were called the "Jerry Chip". If anyone is interested, PM me an offer.

I think I also have the LMAF and bellows/tube available if anyone is interested.

Sorry to hijack the thread Monkey! I'll hang tight until you're done. Let me know once you've sold it...

1996 T-bird Sport:
MSD Ignition coil packs, Crane Cams 8.5mm FireWire, B&M tranny cooler w/ Mercon V, Mark 8 TC, '99 LMAF
K&N Cone filter & Bosch Platinum plugs

2002 Camaro SS:
TSP clear lid, K&N Panel filter, Z06 85mm MAF, SLP smooth bellows & Borla cat-back
post #26 of 27 (permalink) Old 11-23-2009, 01:58 PM

Super Moderator

Garage
No problem jchris., we can share a sale thread. For those of you on my waiting list. I expect to get my hands on the chip I'm selling this weekend. I'll be in touch with payment information some time next week.

post #27 of 27 (permalink) Old 11-23-2009, 10:37 PM
1st Gear Poster

Garage
Sound great TM I'll be waiting
Thanks Chris
and look at that a 96 chip just for BigJ

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the TCCoA Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in