1-Week Old Motorcraft T-Bird/Cougar Plug Wires - TCCoA Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-12-2010, 09:24 PM Thread Starter
PostWhore

Send a message via Yahoo to dmw_4814
1-Week Old Motorcraft T-Bird/Cougar Plug Wires

I have a set of Motorcraft #WR5935 spark plug wires made specifically for a '94-'97 Thunderbird/Cougar 4.6 liter V-8 for sale. They were installed by me on my '97 Thunderbird, but I'm unhappy with the fit because I ran them over the alternator and I believe they were designed to go under it. So, I decided to go with a set of Ford Racing plug wires made for a Mustang 4.6 liter V-8, as those cars originally came with the plug wires routed over the alternator (so, I'm hoping I'll be happier with the fit of these new wires).

Anyway, there is absolutely nothing wrong with these wires and they have only about 500 miles on them (if that); I was unhappy only with the way the fit because I want them to go over the alternator and not under.

I paid $77.68 for them at Rock Auto on February 16th (I can show the invoice to anyone that wants proof) and just got around to installing them when I changed my intake manifold last weekend. I'd like to get $55.00 shipped for them.

I will post pictures tomorrow if anyone needs to see them.

Thanks,

Dennis
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-25-2010, 10:37 AM Thread Starter
PostWhore

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmw_4814 View Post
I will post pictures tomorrow if anyone needs to see them.
Sorry - tomorrow turned into a couple of weeks! Anyway, here are the pics:

The box has a different part number than for the T-Bird/Cougar plug wires because I ended-up using '96-'98 Mustang GT wires; they provided a better fit due to the fact I ran my new plug wires OVER the alternator instead of under it as the factory did (Mustang 4.6 liter V-8's had their plug wires routed over the alternator from the factory).

Dennis
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-25-2010, 10:41 AM Thread Starter
PostWhore

Again, these plug wires were on my T-Bird for LESS THAN 1 WEEK and are in GREAT shape! There is absolutely nothing wrong with them and my car ran great with them - I only changed them due to fitment issues because of routing them over the alternator instead of under. Most people would've been perfectly happy with the fitment even with routing them over the alternator, but I'll admit I'm kind of anal about things like that (just ask my wife - I drive her nuts sometimes)!

Dennis
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-26-2010, 03:48 PM
2nd Gear Poster

Cool

PM sent:

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the TCCoA Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in