Ford 390 Engine - TCCoA Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-04-2010, 08:59 PM Thread Starter
1st Gear Poster

Ford 390 Engine

Completely stripped and rebuilt ford engine. It came out of a 1961 Ford Thunderbird 4bbl Carb. I had the block and heads magmaflux to check for cracks and other damages. It all came back clear. I had the work done at Banes Machine Shop. All internals are from Summit Racing. Both rod and main bearings are competition 3 layered metal bearing from Federal Mogul. The pistons rings are from Federal Mogul as well. I have a new complete gasket set being used on the fresh block. I had the crank polished and cleaned. I am using a performance Comp CAM. Some other little details are it comes with a new distributor and timing set. I also have the ford bolts for all the accessories...they are chrome and on the bolt head it says FORD.

I am listing this listing early I hope to have the engine completely put together and running by this weekend. The reason I am selling the engine is that I need the money for my rent and classes and I no longer have the option to use tbird I was going to put the engine back into. My price is $2500obo on craigslist but will sell at cost to anyone on here($2,000).

To check out pictures go to: http://s884.photobucket.com/albums/a...gine%20Overhau l/?start=all
Please note in the pictures that I used ford racing blue engine paint for the block and heads. I had the intake, timing cover, valve covers, and oil pan powder coated in chrome. As of now most of the engine is together which isn't repersented in the pictures.

Please note I didn't have this engine bored. It is all standard sizes. So buy my engine and put it in your car, truck, or boat!! If you are needing a transmission I found a few on Craiglist that will work for about $100 give or take.

Mike
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-04-2010, 10:28 PM
Awaiting E-Mail Confirmation

Your link doesn't work.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-04-2010, 10:49 PM
6th Gear Poster

Click the link and then hit stop. Put an l at the end and hit enter and it will go. Looks like a space got stuck in there somehow.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-06-2010, 01:42 PM Thread Starter
1st Gear Poster

post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-08-2010, 12:58 PM Thread Starter
1st Gear Poster

nobody even interested? I can work with ya on a price.

Mike

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the TCCoA Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in