ECU 96Tbird Performance Chip / Jerry Chip for Sale BO - TCCoA Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-06-2017, 07:32 PM Thread Starter

ECU 96Tbird Performance Chip / Jerry Chip for Sale BO

I have a performance chip for a 96 tbird that I purchased off an ex ford powertrain engineer named Jerry that I met through the TCCOA message board about 15 years ago. These chips were commonly referred to as "Jerry Chips". When I sold my Tbird I reclaimed the chip and no longer have any use for it. It did a good job waking up the car, adjusting all aspects of the drive towards a sporty feel. (Note If you have a transgo shift kit or equivalent this chip will make it shift that much harder, I could spin 245's on the downshift to first on dry pavement). Sorry I cannot tell you what vehicles it will work in and wont, it was in my 96Tbird and has 96M1 written on the chip. Chip has a feature to switch between normal and premium fuel, the removable jumper on the passenger side under the hood no longer retards timing but advances it when removed (Premium Mode).

Chip is for sale, best offer. It worked fine when I removed it and expect it to do so when installed in another 96 Tbird. If it doesn't work for you I will return your money if you send back the chip. I am more interested that good hardware doesn't go to waste.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG-1913.jpg (851.3 KB, 3 views)

Last edited by HoustonTbird; 12-16-2017 at 11:05 AM. Reason: Added Photograph
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-04-2018, 11:19 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by HoustonTbird View Post
I have a performance chip for a 96 tbird that I purchased off an ex ford powertrain engineer named Jerry that I met through the TCCOA message board about 15 years ago. These chips were commonly referred to as "Jerry Chips". When I sold my Tbird I reclaimed the chip and no longer have any use for it. It did a good job waking up the car, adjusting all aspects of the drive towards a sporty feel. (Note If you have a transgo shift kit or equivalent this chip will make it shift that much harder, I could spin 245's on the downshift to first on dry pavement). Sorry I cannot tell you what vehicles it will work in and wont, it was in my 96Tbird and has 96M1 written on the chip. Chip has a feature to switch between normal and premium fuel, the removable jumper on the passenger side under the hood no longer retards timing but advances it when removed (Premium Mode).

Chip is for sale, best offer. It worked fine when I removed it and expect it to do so when installed in another 96 Tbird. If it doesn't work for you I will return your money if you send back the chip. I am more interested that good hardware doesn't go to waste.
Price?

96 Cougar XR-7, 4.6; Bone Stock for now
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-05-2018, 08:48 AM
3rd Gear Poster

I am interested as well.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-05-2018, 02:28 PM
3rd Gear Poster

How do you install it and where?

Glenn

1996 TB LX, 4.6, 120,000 miles, black with tan interior.
Dark tint and OEM "Sport" spoiler.
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-05-2018, 03:50 PM
5th Gear Poster

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
How do you install it and where?

Glenn
From how it looks, pull the EEC out, pop off the tab on the opposite side of where the harness plugs into, clean the connector of the EEC (youll need to separate the EEC case, use either alcohol and a micro fiber rag to get a grease coating off or CAREFULLY use a model knife to scrape off a plastic coating, then sand down the contacts until they are a copper color), pop the chip on, Id cover it with some kinda tape, then re install. I dont know about these Jerry chips but I was under the impression a chip was made with a specific calibration code to match with a specific computer. Atleast thats how my SCT chip was made.

First: Stacie, 1996 Tbird LX, mild build NPI engine, PI cams and intake, Long tube headers, Jmod.

Second: Ellie, 1989 Tbird SC, r̶e̶s̶t̶o̶r̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶b̶e̶ ̶n̶e̶w̶ ̶d̶a̶i̶l̶y̶. off the deep end

Third: 1997 Dodge Ram 1500, thirsty daily.

Fourth: 1990 Tbird SC, GT40 5.0 mated to m5r2, BBK long tubes, motor out the hood, drift car.
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-05-2018, 04:19 PM
Road warrior extrodinaire

Super Moderator

Garage
The EEC is the car's computer. It's located in the passenger side foot well behind the trim piece at the right hand side below the glove box. Carefully remove the computer, plug that chip into the top of it, reinstall the computer and go have some fun!

But yes, I almost forgot you're going to have to clean the connectors as Wile described above.

Mods? Yea, I got mods ...
Air silencer delete, warp drive, dilithium crystals, flux capacitor, Slingshot Rubber band power adder, Moonshine & Gas, Leaf Blower Supercharger, Hamster Wheel & Hamster, Energizer Bunny generating 1.21 gigawatts, Mr. FusionŽ Home Energy Reactor, hover conversion and a sextant celestial navigation system (The original GPS)
Best 1/4: 1,320 nanoseconds @ 670,616,629.2 miles per hour

"There isn't that much difference anymore between spacecraft, aircraft and modern automobiles..." - Keith Henry, NASA's Langley Research Center
See a list of my real mods and pictures of my car HERE. The true performance of my car was made possible by the Carolinas Crew Chief, RobertP at Rob's Tire & Auto
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-06-2018, 09:11 AM
Banned

Wish I knew about removing the spout when I had my jerry chip..even without doing that I was impressed with its performance...
I got a handheld superchipd tuner and that jerry chip has by far better shift calibrations in it...
If you have simple bolt ons this is a great great cheap easy add on.
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-07-2018, 07:12 AM Thread Starter

Thanks for your interests but the chip has a new home now.
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the TCCoA Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in