Lots of Parts - TCCoA Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-10-2019, 05:42 PM Thread Starter
1st Gear Poster

Lots of Parts

Hey everyone! long time no talk. I have lots of parts that I no longer need. I'm located in central Wisconsin. I'm not sure of everything I have as I have them scattered between my house and my parents house, but I have a general idea of what I have.

-full front end rebuild including a set of the original DLF LCA bushings, no offense to trunk monkey, I'm sure he's doing a great job!
I'm not sure what the front end parts are, I bought them from a guy on here years ago.
-93 one piece aluminum drive shaft, again, bought from here years ago.
-J-Mod, never been out of the box
-Aluminum 3.73 trac-lok rear end. Not sure of the condition, it was oiled up in a garbage bag in my parents garage years ago, again, bought from here years ago.
-Cobra parts to get the, what is it, 5x4.5" bolt pattern? Bought off here and only looked at. not sure of the exact parts I actually have, but I know it's a full conversion, i think.

nothing I listed here was ever used. I had big plans for my old 96 Bird, but I was young and dumb and now I'm older and married with 4 kids. As for price, it's yours for the taking. I would like not to ship, if I had to, I would have to get prices and hope that the recipient would pay, but I'm willing to travel an hour or two to meet someone. I can get pictures, but probably not for a couple days.

Thanks everyone. I hope someday I can find a decent Bird again and fix it up and do all these sweet ass things to it, but right now, it's all about the family plan. I miss the car scene!

-Andy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-10-2019, 06:45 PM
MA Chapter Director

Administrator

Garage
I'm sure if you get everything sorted out and see exactly what you have you won't have a problem selling your parts.

Pictures would be great too!

Joe

It's not a 97 Sport, it just looks like one!

Mass. TCCoAers, Send me your info!

I buy all my Ford parts from 93 lx.

Member of the TCCoA Damage Control Team.

R.I.P. Johnny Langton 1975 - 2011
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-10-2019, 06:56 PM Thread Starter
1st Gear Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodeo Joe View Post
I'm sure if you get everything sorted out and see exactly what you have you won't have a problem selling your parts.

Pictures would be great too!

Joe
I'll get them all together soon and take pictures, but again, I'm not trying to sell, it's all free for the grabbing.

-Andy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-10-2019, 06:58 PM
Seasoned PostWhore

Send a message via AIM to Chris_Murder
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skinny8822 View Post
Hey everyone! long time no talk. I have lots of parts that I no longer need. I'm located in central Wisconsin. I'm not sure of everything I have as I have them scattered between my house and my parents house, but I have a general idea of what I have.

-full front end rebuild including a set of the original DLF LCA bushings, no offense to trunk monkey, I'm sure he's doing a great job!
I'm not sure what the front end parts are, I bought them from a guy on here years ago.
-93 one piece aluminum drive shaft, again, bought from here years ago.
-J-Mod, never been out of the box
-Aluminum 3.73 trac-lok rear end. Not sure of the condition, it was oiled up in a garbage bag in my parents garage years ago, again, bought from here years ago.
-Cobra parts to get the, what is it, 5x4.5" bolt pattern? Bought off here and only looked at. not sure of the exact parts I actually have, but I know it's a full conversion, i think.

nothing I listed here was ever used. I had big plans for my old 96 Bird, but I was young and dumb and now I'm older and married with 4 kids. As for price, it's yours for the taking. I would like not to ship, if I had to, I would have to get prices and hope that the recipient would pay, but I'm willing to travel an hour or two to meet someone. I can get pictures, but probably not for a couple days.

Thanks everyone. I hope someday I can find a decent Bird again and fix it up and do all these sweet ass things to it, but right now, it's all about the family plan. I miss the car scene!
I know you would prefer not to ship, but please message me if that changes. I'm interested in these parts exclusively. Shipped to 89143 and would be willing to pay something for them. Message me a shipping cost and we can discuss a total, if it's something you are interested in. I understand someone might rather pick up everything local, and also understand time is very valuable to you and your family.

-1996 Pearl White Thunderbird 4.6 Sport 4v with many mods:
Current Best: 13.583 @ 103.74 10/2014.
227hp/241tq measured on calibrated mustang dyno, tested at full vehicle simulation with inertia enabled, no number skewing.
-2001 White Ford F-250 Super Duty 6.8 V10, 4-door, 4x4, Limo Tint, BFG KO2's, Bilstein 7100 Remote Reservoir Race Bypass Shocks, 6" Spring lift, Kenwood Double Din, K&N Intake, FlowMaster Exhaust
Amber_Murder's Daily Driver.
-2005 White GMC Sierra 3500 6.6 Duramax, Dually, 4-door, 4x4, Limo Tint, BFG Commercial T/A's, Rancho RS9000XL Shocks, Kenwood Double Din, K&N Intake, Banks Monster Exhaust
Chris_Murder's Daily Driver.
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-10-2019, 07:12 PM Thread Starter
1st Gear Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris_Murder View Post
I know you would prefer not to ship, but please message me if that changes. I'm interested in these parts exclusively. Shipped to 89143 and would be willing to pay something for them. Message me a shipping cost and we can discuss a total, if it's something you are interested in. I understand someone might rather pick up everything local, and also understand time is very valuable to you and your family.
I have a guy 20 minutes away that does nothing but shipping, I will talk to him soon. I have a vacation starting next Friday, so it might take some time before I can get a quote. Are you interested in everything? Sorry I didn't PM, if you wan to PM me feel free.

-Andy

Last edited by Skinny8822; 04-10-2019 at 07:18 PM. Reason: Words
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-10-2019, 07:21 PM Thread Starter
1st Gear Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skinny8822 View Post
I have a guy 20 minutes away that does nothing but shipping, I will talk to him soon. I have a vacation starting next Friday, so it might take some time before I can get a quote. Are you interested in everything? Sorry I didn't PM, if you wan to PM me feel free.
Looking at your post, I'm assuming you just want the cobra parts in bold?

-Andy
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-10-2019, 07:24 PM
Seasoned PostWhore

Send a message via AIM to Chris_Murder
Yes, a private message has been sent as well.

-1996 Pearl White Thunderbird 4.6 Sport 4v with many mods:
Current Best: 13.583 @ 103.74 10/2014.
227hp/241tq measured on calibrated mustang dyno, tested at full vehicle simulation with inertia enabled, no number skewing.
-2001 White Ford F-250 Super Duty 6.8 V10, 4-door, 4x4, Limo Tint, BFG KO2's, Bilstein 7100 Remote Reservoir Race Bypass Shocks, 6" Spring lift, Kenwood Double Din, K&N Intake, FlowMaster Exhaust
Amber_Murder's Daily Driver.
-2005 White GMC Sierra 3500 6.6 Duramax, Dually, 4-door, 4x4, Limo Tint, BFG Commercial T/A's, Rancho RS9000XL Shocks, Kenwood Double Din, K&N Intake, Banks Monster Exhaust
Chris_Murder's Daily Driver.
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-10-2019, 10:02 PM

Garage
I may be interested in some of the parts and live in Northeast Iowa. Possibly interested in driving your way if you get a better idea what parts you have. PM sent as well
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-11-2019, 02:00 AM

Would you happen to have an instrument cluster? Any '89 to '96 analog cluster will do even if it doesn't function, I just need the back of the housing and the connector pigtails.
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-11-2019, 05:33 AM
6th Gear Poster

Garage
Sent pm as well!

Project still in progress
Explorer engine, vortech v2,intercooled,bullit intake,derale power steering cooler, b&m trans cooler, oil filter relocation, cobra aluminum radiator, Walbro 255 Pump, Intrax 2in lowering springs, KYB front/back,,mark8 Driveshaft, 1.25Rear sway bar, 3:73 aluminum diff, TrackLok, Rear Diff Cover Brace, Sc Wheels 235/60s, Jmodd, Air Bags in Springs,Rear strut Bar,17in Mirror Blk CobraRs, Sc L Brackets, rear torsional load brace, kmember-frame brace, weightloss program, pbr dual pistons drilled/slotted, stainless lines , recaro seats, sct x4 DonL tuned
post #11 of 13 (permalink) Old Yesterday, 08:52 AM

Pm sent
post #12 of 13 (permalink) Old Yesterday, 06:37 PM Thread Starter
1st Gear Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunderbird Pilot 89 View Post
Would you happen to have an instrument cluster? Any '89 to '96 analog cluster will do even if it doesn't function, I just need the back of the housing and the connector pigtails.
I'm sorry, I do not.

-Andy
post #13 of 13 (permalink) Old Today, 11:50 AM
Seasoned PostWhore

Garage
I know we've discussed this in the past but for heavy stuff, I've had good luck with Greyhound terminal to terminal shipping.

Historically, I know that things like rear diffs can be expensive to ship b/c of their weight and not always cost effective to do so. As a package with other stuff, it might just be viable.

I've heard of others recommending Fastenal (the big industrial nuts & bolts company) as another lower cost (compared to USPS/UPS/FEDEX GND) shipper for bulkier/heavier automotive parts.

It kind of makes sense; they have a nationwide network of trucks to supply their stores so why not leverage that for extra $$$
https://www.fastenal.com/en/22/third-...455717!64135591
https://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/...-small.779173/

My TCCOA iTrader Rating: (44 / 100% w/ 50+ transactions)

24 Hours of Lemons 2017 Sear Pointless Organizer's Choice
2018 Upgrade: does your TBIRD make Fritos? Mine does
http://goo.gl/csaet4

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the TCCoA Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in