TCCoA Forums banner

Just Joined

4K views 23 replies 10 participants last post by  Jacorone97 
#1 ·
Hello,

My name is Jose, i'm not quite sure why I've never got around to joining before this point. I refer to the TCCoA forums every time I have trouble with my MN12. I'm in AZ and have been a proud owner of a 97 4.6l for the last 10 years. I always had one around, as my father owned a 96. My 97 is a bit of a Frankenstein set up. I used my fathers 96 as a donor for my 97 and swapped every part I could. I couldn't keep the 96 on the road and it had been in the family since day one. Interior is mostly black with mark viii seats. Currently sitting on a pair of 18x9's off a 2015 Jaguar Xj. It's a working progress but its coming around and never plan on letting her go.

#10 ·
Thank you. it took a lot of to transform this from the tri brown/tan interior to the current two tone. The only blemish is on the dash, it has developed two cracks that made me steer away from painting it. Figured I would complete the all black once i'm in the market to replace the dash. But may just replace the dash and keep the tan, its growing on me. And now im not sure if i would like the all black better.

#15 ·
Looks great! Those wheels really suit the car well.

#19 ·
Reactions: Jacorone97
#24 · (Edited by Moderator)
Sorry man I was neglecting my tbird for a while and I haven't been very active.

I like them a lot, I've ran about 2k miles on them and no issues. They also handle higher speeds well. I haven't done anything crazy but did great at 90-100mph.

Are those Jag rims a direct fit, or do they require spacers?
I went with a .3 or so spacer and upgraded to longer ARP studs.

#22 ·
To be honest I can best tell you here in the next month. I haven't put any miles on them; the car sat for a while directly after. I'm actually getting it back in a few days. It will take very thin spacers if you want to fit the center caps back on. Im swapping out the wheel studs with a set of extended arp to avoid issues.

#23 ·
Hey guys been awhile but I've made some decent progress recently. Below is both what I've completed and whats still left on the agenda.

Work Done:

Jmod
Engine Reseal
Coolant hoses, soft lines, etc replaced
Belt tensioner
ARP Wheel studs/lug nuts/machining
Sport brakes
O2 sensors
Wheel bearings
Cv axel
Thermostat
Oil pressure sender
Control arm bushings
Exhaust work
Wiring(burned wiring)
Radiator
Fan
PS pump
Intake manifold(NPi for now)
Lower valve stems seals
Trac lok
373 gears
Bearing Install kit
Purple Speedo

Future Work:

• Custom/93 Mark Viii aluminum driveshaft
• Pi heads
• Pi intake
• Cams
• Torque Converter
• Xenon trunk lid spoiler
• Vortech V3 supercharger

Lastbon the list:

• Paint

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.